Raiders Cancel OTAs, After Union Complains Practices Are Too Tough

BP

Raiders End Camp After Union Complaints

Friday, June 15, 2007 8:08 PM EDT

The Associated Press

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — The Oakland Raiders canceled the final week of their offseason training program Friday after complaints from the NFL players' union about the intensity of the practices.

In a brief statement, coach Lane Kiffin said the players' union believes the Raiders' offseason program violated league rules on practice standards.

"The union has complained about the high level of intensity, player aggressiveness and fast pace of our practices and, as a result, has taken away the final week of our offseason program," said Kiffin, the NFL's youngest and least experienced head coach.

The Raiders won't hold next week's scheduled offseason activities, which were expected to be mostly weightlifting sessions.

Oakland wrapped up a voluntary minicamp on Wednesday under Kiffin, a former assistant coach at Southern California. He had just one season of NFL training camp experience as an assistant in Jacksonville in 2000.

The Raiders' training camp opens July 27 in Napa.

link

I can't believe how big a bunch of pussies some of these pro players are today. try working in the real world..this is a ****ing joke! :rl:

link

I can't believe how big a bunch of pussies some of these pro players are today. try working in the real world..this is a ****ing joke! :rl:

Hey, we run tough camps and our players don't complain. It's a Raider thing, that is why they win 1 game a year.

Hey, we run tough camps and our players don't complain. It's a Raider thing, that is why they win 1 game a year.

Yeah, I know. I guess they're content with being losers and not wanting to take the next step, but they're still professionals, and should act accordingly and stop whining.

That's a terrible article. It's very misleading; to the point of falsity.

The Raiders were caught during a non-contact OTA using excessive contact drills.

As a result they are not allowed to practice together, or at the facility for one week.

ITS A PUNISHMENT. NFLPA is not allowing them to practice. It's not their choice.

Archived