Rich Cimini bashing post...pile on!

rick34125

We'll start this off with Bob Bullock's post today on his Jetstream:

"It is also amazing how the players know just where to go to get negative reports out in the media. Yep, Rich "give me negative crap and I'll write it" Cimini is just the guy to do it. Kendall knew Cimini loves to write about that stuff. I think its funny how he writes about a "smear campaign". Who's doing the smearing? I only hear Kendall, through Cimini's articles, smearing the Jets' organization. You don't hear ANYTHING coming out of the Jets camp."

This is so true. Who do you think is stirring the pot? Who made the phone call to Kendall? Yeah, Kendall didn't have to comment, but Cimini is the instigator!!! I really hate the way this guy covers the Jets sometimes...most times.

Let's go pile on... let Cimini have it right between the eyes... or maybe between the legs. :)

Am I missing something here? What did Cimini do wrong?

In the article you linked he wrote:

Mangini and GM Mike Tannenbaum, refusing to be drawn into a war of words, have declined to criticize Kendall publicly for his sharp words and actions.

Not saying he hasn't been negative. But every reporter has written a piece about Kendall being pissed.

Am I missing something here? What did Cimini do wrong?

In the article you linked he wrote:

Not saying he hasn't been negative. But every reporter has written a piece about Kendall being pissed.

I couldn't understand that one either. It's not a reporter's job to suppress an interview with a team player in the news in order to keep the team's image squeaky-clean.

"Asked if he believes that Mangini's practices included too much contact, Kendall simply said, "I'm not going to comment" - a response that spoke volumes."

That is lighting a fire where no fire exists. Since when does "No Comment" = Dictionary.

Also, where is the Jets smear campaign?

BZ

Negative or positive his job is to report the news. As fas as I can tell that is all cimini is doing. Now if the news is bad or the person giving the interview is slinging mud if you will, then maybe the fault lies with the person that actually giving the story and not the one reporting it.

I couldn't understand that one either. It's not a reporter's job to suppress an interview with a team player in the news in order to keep the team's image squeaky-clean.

Did you even read the article? Are you suggesting that Kendall's accusation is true? How do you even know that? Because Cimini reported that Kendall said it?

He didn't "suppress" the interview - he "created" the interview and its negative slant.

Is anything here that Kendall said even true? Are the Jets waging a smear campaign against him? Doesn't Cimini have a responsibility to the truth, to substantiate whether Kendall's accusation is even true? And if he can't then don't print it.

This is how you affect public opinion. You print something that may not even be true and just let it hang there for public consumption. Like for example if I said Sperm Edwards weighs 400 lbs. and has a little penis....

The one and only time I had a problem with Cimini when he wrote the story about Paul Hackett's father being murdered 30 years ago. I hated Hackett, but it seemed unfair, calling attention to something that really had nothing to do with football. Other than that, Cimini's been very fair. And even here, he's reporting the story down the middle.

Unlike that calorically-challenged partner of the Soothie over at the Post, who did everything but give Edwards a happy ending during that mess in January 2006. To pretend the scheming Edwards was somehow wronged was a ldamned lie, and Cimini to his credit brought out the opening eve dinner Edwards had with Carl Peterson. To this day, he's still carying water for that incompetent a-hole.

Did you even read the article? Are you suggesting that Kendall's accusation is true? How do you even know that? Because Cimini reported that Kendall said it?

He didn't "suppress" the interview - he "created" the interview and its negative slant.

Is anything here that Kendall said even true? Are the Jets waging a smear campaign against him? Doesn't Cimini have a responsibility to the truth, to substantiate whether Kendall's accusation is even true? And if he can't then don't print it.

This is how you affect public opinion. You print something that may not even be true and just let it hang there for public consumption. Like for example if I said Sperm Edwards weighs 400 lbs. and has a little penis....

Wrong mod.

Regardless, as I said in the other thread - if Kendall wants this public it's getting public. It is not Cimini's or any other beat writer's job to suppress news. Nor is it their job to declare or decree that Pete Kendall shall not be interviewed because it might make the team look bad.

There is little to report on between OTA's and camp. Kendall is pissed off at the team for his reasons. It's a legit story & a legit interview to give.

Wrong mod.

You mean you do weigh 400lbs. and have a small penis?

Regardless, as I said in the other thread - if Kendall wants this public it's getting public. It is not Cimini's or any other beat writer's job to suppress news. Nor is it their job to declare or decree that Pete Kendall shall not be interviewed because it might make the team look bad.

There is little to report on between OTA's and camp. Kendall is pissed off at the team for his reasons. It's a legit story & a legit interview to give.

And like i said before, Jets fans would be better served if Cimini wrote about the Jets in miami or new england or buffalo.

No...you have my weight wrong.

And "small" is such a relative term anyway. It's actually quite large compared to a rice krispie. However it is very small when compared to an oak tree. Has fewer branches as well.

hmm... this sounds like the beginning of a story. Quick! Call Rich Cimini.

No...you have my weight wrong.

And "small" is such a relative term anyway. It's actually quite large compared to a rice krispie. However it is very small when compared to an oak tree. Has fewer branches as well.

Fewer branches? I would hope it has none :P

Rick -- you took a pretty easy premise to sell (anti media) but I think you missed the boat on this one. Cimini was criticial of the old regime. But he was right. He takes his jabs at the new regime but I think he has been fair in his reporting on the team.

Rick -- you took a pretty easy premise to sell (anti media) but I think you missed the boat on this one. Cimini was criticial of the old regime. But he was right. He takes his jabs at the new regime but I think he has been fair in his reporting on the team.

You think Cimini's recent article (linked above) was fair to the Jets?

You think Cimini's recent article (linked above) was fair to the Jets?

Yes. I think it was very fair.

Cimini is tasked with one thing. Selling papers. When a player is willing to do a phone interview and blast the team, of course he should report it. We blasted the beat reporters for being too chummy with Herm. Regardless this really wasn't an opinion piece. Cimini didn't blast the Jets. The only thoughts he really gave were this:

Kendall played with a bad back in 2005 and reworked his contract to create salary-cap room and now he wants a raise. But he's in the second year of a four-year deal, and the Jets don't appear willing to spend anymore.

He didn't say this is a huge mistake on the Jets part. He just reported the story and let the player blast the team. Not his job to make the players say good things about the team. They report it good, bad or indifferent.

Yes. I think it was very fair.

Cimini is tasked with one thing. Selling papers. When a player is willing to do a phone interview and blast the team, of course he should report it. We blasted the beat reporters for being too chummy with Herm. Regardless this really wasn't an opinion piece. Cimini didn't blast the Jets. The only thoughts he really gave were this:

He didn't say this is a huge mistake on the Jets part. He just reported the story and let the player blast the team. Not his job to make the players say good things about the team. They report it good, bad or indifferent.

the only thing the story says that wasn't already said numerous times before by dozens of news outlets was that Kendall says the Jets have waged a smear campaign against him.

fine. this is what kendall says. and this is what cimini reports. but where's the balance?where's the objectivity? kendall says it but is it true? did cimini ask kendall how he knows the jets are behind this? doesn't cimini have any responsibility to being balanced and reporting substantiated fact not just hearsay or rumor.

the only thing the story says that wasn't already said numerous times before by dozens of news outlets was that Kendall says the Jets have waged a smear campaign against him.

fine. this is what kendall says. and this is what cimini reports. but where's the balance?where's the objectivity? kendall says it but is it true? did cimini ask kendall how he knows the jets are behind this? doesn't cimini have any responsibility to being balanced and reporting substantiated fact not just hearsay or rumor.

Bro how is it hearsay? It was a direct man's quote on his opinion. Cimini said to the Jets credit they did not comment on the matter.

Cimini has no responsibility to worry about how many times people have written about something. He got some fresh quotes and wrote it. If he publishers feel the subject is played out, they won't print it.

It really is as simple as that. I get your premise. Like I said before, I think you just used a bad example.

Bro how is it hearsay? It was a direct man's quote on his opinion. Cimini said to the Jets credit they did not comment on the matter.

Cimini has no responsibility to worry about how many times people have written about something. He got some fresh quotes and wrote it. If he publishers feel the subject is played out, they won't print it.

It really is as simple as that. I get your premise. Like I said before, I think you just used a bad example.

hey bro you missed the point. my point, not my premise, isn't how many times to write about something, but how to write about it.

but hey whatever. you like cimini that's fine, but reporters like cimini are why organizations like the jets can't breathe in front of the press. and then on top of it the press slams them for not talking to them. these reporters cut their nose to spite their face and jets fans are pretty much left with crappy negative reporting to read.

hey bro you missed the point. my point, not my premise, isn't how many times to write about something, but how to write about it.

but hey whatever. you like cimini that's fine, but reporters like cimini are why organizations like the jets can't breathe in front of the press. and then on top of it the press slams them for not talking to them. these reporters cut their nose to spite their face and jets fans are pretty much left with crappy negative reporting to read.

You live in New York and are now realizing that the media is negative? Are you 15?

the good news is that even you know your a stupid australian.

You didn't answer my question. In Philly, NYC & Boston the media is relentless in criticizing the home teams. That's the way it is.

BTW: It's you're a stupid Australian.

I'm still missing what Cimini as per you did that was so wrong. His job is not to be a cheerleader for the Jets nor take the player's side, but to merely lay out the facts for his readers. Best I can tell, he's laid out Kendall's complaint, and that the Jets organization has chosen not to talk about his contentions. It's pretty much been right down the middle and laid the facts out. Reporting that Kendall said these things is news, as is the Jets nonresponse. As a beat writer, Cimini has to say all that. But show me where he's taken either side over the other.

In contrast, Canizzaro did against the weight(a word never far from any discussion of Sooth's pal) of facts did take the side of Edwards over the Jets organization. That was disgraceful. This is nothing of the sort.

You didn't answer my question. In Philly, NYC & Boston the media is relentless in criticizing the home teams. That's the way it is.

BTW: It's you're a stupid Australian.

I don't know who writes in Philly and Boston, but here in NYC, of all the Jets beat writers, Cimini is the only one I have a problem with. I've laid out My opinion of Cimini's writing in this thread and if you don't agree... well, you're entitled to your opinion how ever wrong it is. :)

BTW: I'm not Australian.

I don't know who writes in Philly and Boston, but here in NYC, of all the Jets beat writers, Cimini is the only one I have a problem with. I've laid out My opinion of Cimini's writing in this thread and if you don't agree... well, you're entitled to your opinion how ever wrong it is. :)

Cimini quoted a disgruntled Jets player and it's negative? He didn't make anything up.

I gave up on giving a crap about beat writers 15 years ago.

BTW: No sh it you're not Australian:p

How should he have written about it?

He quotes the Kendall stuff. Then makes mention that the Jets won't comment (to their credit). Should he have put in his opinion? You would be killing him even more if he agreed with Kendall.

I really think you are reaching here. He didn't blast the Jets. He doesn't get paid to defend them. He was neutral in this article. If you want a pro-jets slant it can be found at nyjets.com.

Seriously I just fail to see what he did wrong. I know the media can be negative. They are trying to sell papers. But in this case, not sure what else you wanted him to do. Who knows maybe Kendall called him. Should he have ignored the call?

So you like that bloated golfer? Ugh.

Rick,

Keep this nonsense over at JI. I love the creativity of changing up your post on both. Really, you started the same thread over there with the same exact post. Over at JI they probably ate it up like a fat kid at a twinkie factory. Keep the BS over there, and bring some actual football knowledge to the intelligent or mostly intelligent conversations at JN.

Thanks

-He who wasted 10 minutes scrolling past you idiotic post

And because it's America - you're entitled to have a problem with Rich Cimini. I think he's pretty objective and if he writes an occasional slanted blurb - guess that makes him a human like the rest of us. The guy seems to work for his stories which puts him on top of a few others. Plus the guy has been pretty good to this board in sharing some time to answer questions.

How should he have written about it?

He quotes the Kendall stuff. Then makes mention that the Jets won't comment (to their credit). Should he have put in his opinion? You would be killing him even more if he agreed with Kendall.

I really think you are reaching here. He didn't blast the Jets. He doesn't get paid to defend them. He was neutral in this article. If you want a pro-jets slant it can be found at nyjets.com.

Seriously I just fail to see what he did wrong. I know the media can be negative. They are trying to sell papers. But in this case, not sure what else you wanted him to do. Who knows maybe Kendall called him. Should he have ignored the call?

bro, why don't you read the thread. start with the first post.

Rick,

Keep this nonsense over at JI. I love the creativity of changing up your post on both. Really, you started the same thread over there with the same exact post. Over at JI they probably ate it up like a fat kid at a twinkie factory. Keep the BS over there, and bring some actual football knowledge to the intelligent or mostly intelligent conversations at JN.

Thanks

-He who wasted 10 minutes scrolling past you idiotic post

you're that much in love with rich cimini?

Archived