Nice article about our Jets

Kentucky Jet

Drafting Brickshaw at #4 was the smartest thing Mangini and company could have done in terms of getting this franchise to the next level.

Him and Mangold are going to be a part of this O-Line team for years to come.

If Clemens busts, the Jets will curse the day they passed on Jay Cutler.

No they won't.

If D'Brickashaw, Clemens, Thomas Jones, and part of David Harris bust, they might reconsider their decision. To say its a straight-up comparison Culter vs. Clemens is ridiculous.

No they won't.

If D'Brickashaw, Clemens, Thomas Jones, and part of David Harris bust, they might reconsider their decision. To say its a straight-up comparison Culter vs. Clemens is ridiculous.

Go ahead and add Mangold to that pile...

We dont even know if Cutler will be any good himself...

Go ahead and add Mangold to that pile...

We acquired Mangold with the Abraham pick we recieved from Atlanta. So one could say that we could've drafted Cutler and Mangold (the way that draft fell). So I wouldn't yet include him in the "pile".

The fact that we nabbed Clemens after trading back in the 2nd netted us the additional 37th pick of this last draft. Which we used to aquire TJ, by sliding down; with the remaining 2nd round pick we made a package-deal to get Harris.

Ultimately I'm happy we have the four players we have. As good as Cutler may be, I'll take our current team any day of the week.

No they won't.

Dude, if Cutler becomes a great QB like he's shaping up to be, it doesnt matter how good Dbrick ends up being if Clemens turns into a pile of dog sh#t at QB for us. Bottom line, QBs are the franchise, and if Clemens is a bust and Cutler is great absolutely EVERYONE here will rue the day we passed on him. There is no 2 ways about it.

David Harris is just a 3-4 inside linebacker and Jones is a 29 yr old running back. Neither are franchise players, like a great young QB is.

It doesnt matter how great D'Brick ends up being (and I dont think he'll ever be Pace or Ogden), if he has no quarterback to protect. Bottom line.

A team in rebuild mode cannot be criticized for not taking the QB-gamble. If you recall, Cutler's popularity didn't surface until right before the draft. Still, I think the Leinart v. Cutler debate will hold more water than introducing a Clemens (and the slew of players we got along with him) vs. Cutler debate.

Perhaps you missed the '05 season where a decimated O-line detroyed our QBs. Addressing our O-line first with a bookend LT, and picking up a viable option at QB in the second round (quoted by Jaws to be the best QB in the draft), plus getting a stud-running back and run-stopping beast the next year.... In no way compares to the rookie QB drafted by (then) playoff-bound Denver. Two completley different scenarios.

Coulda woulda shoulda.

Also if the Jets didn't have Ferguson, whoever the QB is would be irrelevant because they would be spending most of the game on their back.

:eek:

Cutler looked pretty damn good to me in the five games he started last season and with Travis Henry, Daniel Graham and a year older Brandon Marshall, he will only continue to improve. Cutler is going to be a stud, so is Leinart it looks like, but Leinart's doing could be much to having one of the best, if not the best, 1-2 WR tandem in the league.

Archived