Leon Washington was a better running back than Reggie Bush last season. POINT BLANK.

Again... your way off...

Mangini was forced to play Leon because there was no other option... Leon would nto have sniffed the field if Barlow lived up to his potential. Reggie got on the field becuase he was explosive and played great, he had over 1000 all purpose yards... thats not getting on the field becuase of hype... thats called being GOOD.

And your wrong about him at the end of the season...

Lets take a look at the last 8 games...

@ NE / Did not start - 9 att - 35 yards - 3.9ypc

vs CHI / Started - 13 att - 22 yards - 1.7ypc

vs HOU / Did not start - 5 att - 17 yards - 3.4ypc

@ GB / Started - 7att - 40 yards - 5.7ypc

vs BILLS / Started - 7att - 55 yards - 7.9ypc

@ MINN / Started - 3att - 5 yards - 1.7ypc

@MIA / Started - 6att - 26 yards - 4.3ypc

vs OAK / Did not start - 15att - 53 yards - 3.5ypc

So Leon started 5 out of the last 8 games... and only had 10+ carries twice... only hit 15 carries once and never carried a full load...

Mangini continued to explore other options because Leon could not take the load of a feature back in his eyes... thats why TJ is wearing the #20 in Green this season.

Your so silly with your arguing that your actually making me (a HUGE homer) try to bring you back down to earth...

I was going to respond to the DWC post, but i thought someone else would do it better. I was right....:rl:

You didn't post the playoff game, LW had a great game there, regardless how the stats might read. Otherwise, i think this should really wrap it up.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You dont think Reggie would have done better on the JETS than Leon did?

Leon should have easily beat out the other ****ty RB's on the roster if he was better than Reggie... but he couldnt...

Reggie did what he did... while stealing carries away from an all-pro RB... Leon did what he did while Mangini was forced to play him because Blaylock and Barlow sucked... didnt you notice that Mangini tried Blaylock first... and used Barlow whenever he showed a flash instead of Leon? Hell Mangini even tried Houston... Leon couldnt beat out any of them...

Im bumping this thread from July... So Ecurb... You sill think Mangini was FORCED to play Leon because Barlow and Blaylock sucked? Mangini played Leon because Leon is a game changer... And just as explosive as Reggie Bush if you ask me. This preseason Leon has been a bright spot

Bring back BOOMBOOM!
\

And replace DWC... Because I dont know what the F im talking about sometimes... But I do know what Im talking about as of right now.... Leon Washington IS JUST AS EXPLOSIVE AS REGGIE IN THE OPEN FIELD... And a better pure running back... Just look at the YPC from last year.. Leon got him.

Reggie may be the better reciever, but Leon is the better all-around running back.

Yeah - I'm with you eC. He never implied he knew what he was talking about. It was good chuckle stuff.

Very true... he was harmless... and even had some decent draft talk... a mod must have had something up their ass (go figure) that day... Bring back BOOMBOOM!! At least he was funny!

can we trade him for Barton?

DEAL! :rl:

Hey Leon looks great so far and I think his attitude is even better. The Jets and Saints ran different types of offenses and used their backs differently last year, which would account for statistical differences.

I like Leon but would agree with Cimini's description of Leon as a poor man's Reggie Bush.

\

And replace DWC... Because I dont know what the F im talking about sometimes... But I do know what Im talking about as of right now.... Leon Washington IS JUST AS EXPLOSIVE AS REGGIE IN THE OPEN FIELD... And a better pure running back... Just look at the YPC from last year.. Leon got him.

Reggie may be the better reciever, but Leon is the better all-around running back.

JUST AS explosive? no way.

\

I actually agree with you. New Orleans forces the ball to Bush in hopes that he can create. That's all well and good, but that also explains why he had so many more receptions than LW.

One thing both backs have going for them is they have a back to split carries with, which will decrease their chance at getting injured. I'm really excited about what LW is going to do this year, and how we are going to use him.

There is no reason to think LW cannot compete and surpass Bush in many, if not all statistical categories.

have not read a single post in this thread; not going to backtrack on yet another one of DWC's fluff threads where we bow down and lick the nuts of NAME: Leon Washington...give it a rest dude...it is his 2nd pre-season for christ's sake...more explosive than Bush?...come on!

have not read a single post in this thread; not going to backtrack on yet another one of DWC's fluff threads where we bow down and lick the nuts of NAME: Leon Washington...give it a rest dude...it is his 2nd pre-season for christ's sake...more explosive than Bush?...come on!

check the numbers in 06

One on one no one in the world could catch Bush. Isn't that the same for Leon ?

Leon Washington is a good player, a great scatback, but he is not as good as Reggie Bush. I don't care that Bush didn't have as much rushing yards as Leon, check out the receiving stats and the electrifying Bush returns last season. Leon is a nice 10 carry a game back who can make some plays. Reggie is a guy who will carry it 10-15 times, catch it another 5-10 times and return punts and kicks. I'd rather have Reggie.

Leon Washington is a good player, a great scatback, but he is not as good as Reggie Bush. I don't care that Bush didn't have as much rushing yards as Leon, check out the receiving stats and the electrifying Bush returns last season. Leon is a nice 10 carry a game back who can make some plays. Reggie is a guy who will carry it 10-15 times, catch it another 5-10 times and return punts and kicks. I'd rather have Reggie.

Obviously Reggie is way better, he didn't go 2nd overall for nothing. Leon Washington at times look identical with the speed after they touch the ball. Bush has size but Washington also plays like he's Brandon Jacobs size. I'd rather have Reggie too, but I'm also glad we got Washington in the 4th round.

Exactly... The Saints had Duece who is 10 times better than Barlow and Houston on any given Sunday.

Defenses never take a down off in the NFL. Reggie, Leon, Portis... It dont matter Defenses are always going to key on the Running back...

Leon is going to be a better runner than Maroney. I think Maroney had the same yards per carry as Leon, Leon was a former ACC PLayer of the year playing for the SEMINOLES (top 5-10 football school in the nation) Playing for the Noles speaks volumes for itself.

Maroney played for who? Minn? Yea ok, great great school.

Leon is a special running back. Im glad im one person who actually notices it.

Is Leon the greatest running back ever? Not by a long shot. But I can tell you this as a Noles fan, Leon has alot more potential than W.Dunn ever had, and is going to be a better running back than Dunn ever was.

Being the big seminoles fan that you are, what do you think of Lorenzo Booker? And I want a fair evaluation like the one you gave Leon... Because if Leon is better than Warrick Dunn, as you stated, than Booker has to be close to Superman.

Oh, Bush and Maroney (when healthy) are better running backs than Leon.

• 5 weeks later...
Your man Leon isn't going to get the majority of the carries this year.

If Leon is so fantastic why did the Jets trade for Jones? I'm going to guess that the Jets didn't have any faith in Leon being an every down back so they got a guy who could do the job.

lol... I just wanted to bump this thread.... And Leon is "SO FANTASTIC"... Just go ask the Dolphins about Leon on kick returns and in the open-field....

Still feel that way?

Archived