Fenway fans = the class of baseball

Jet/BosoxFan

Originally Posted by madmike1 viewpost.gif

I've just realized that it's not worth my time to post in the baseball fourm. I hope my stalkers are happy. I'm done here.

Well done, Old man. POTW nominee!

Originally Posted by madmike1 viewpost.gif

I've just realized that it's not worth my time to post in the baseball fourm. I hope my stalkers are happy. I'm done here.

LOL you so want to make me look bad that you're posting the same thing in many difference threads. You really are pathetic.

not sure that can be said about St. Louis Cardinals fans. those people at that stadium are so nice and cordial it is sickening. Izzy sucks, boo him!! don't sit there and have a 30 minute conversation on how you should move him to the 7th inning to regain his confidence, while making Wainright your closer!! (a conversation I heard while in St. Louis last year for the Mets series)

everything they say about Cardinal fans is true...they wouldn't boo Bin Laden if he wore a Cardinals uniform.

Gee.. thats funny. When I was in St Louis in 2005 when the Yankees were in town, those great fans were booing and cussing the yankees left and right. I guess Yankee fans dressed up in red that day.

I cant understand why people think Cardinal fans are so great. They were nothing special in St Louis and at Spring Training this year they seemed like they were in church, no cheering, no booing, no chatter about strategies or who should make the team or who should be Larussa's designated driver. Yay, they cheer the visitors when they done good, but that isnt what a fan of a team is. A fan is fanatic for their team.

Im just glad they got rid of that dump Busch Stadium. It was a concrete monstrosity. Plus the spiders crawling all over me and the stench of urine reminded me of Shea Stadium. Their parking sucked. The entrance to the park sucked. It was a mob of people ready to crush each other to get out of that place after a game. I just wish I had time to visit the Bowling Hall of Fame

fenway fans = the ass of baseball

Nobody, and I mean nobody respects the dooshey frat boy drunken idiots that make up the fenway faithful. Sure there are alot of good fans, but the morons ruin it for the rest of them.

That's a pretty good summary of Red Sox Nation.

Problem is, most of the Yankee idiot fans are in their 30's and still act like drunken frat boys

fenway fans = the ass of baseball

Nobody, and I mean nobody respects the dooshey frat boy drunken idiots that make up the fenway faithful. Sure there are alot of good fans, but the morons ruin it for the rest of them.

I was at Fenway last month for a mid-week night game. I didn't see any "dooshey frat boy drunken idiots."

I saw a group from the Boys and Girls Club of Boston as well as many guys wearing suits.

If you are looking for a good old fashioned drunken atmosphere I would suggest a trip to just about any NFL Stadium.

People in the Boston area period are just trash.

Braod sweeping generalizations of people, such as they are in this thread, are just plain sad.

Yeah... not all of us are trash, just those in Southie and the southern suburbs. Just like Long Island where the North Shore is awesome and the South Shore sucks.

I was at Fenway last month for a mid-week night game. I didn't see any "dooshey frat boy drunken idiots."

I saw a group from the Boys and Girls Club of Boston as well as many guys wearing suits.

If you are looking for a good old fashioned drunken atmosphere I would suggest a trip to just about any NFL Stadium.

I was there Memorial Day. Lots of stupid young obnoxious drunks. Lots of casual fans. Lots of families. Reminded me of Yankee and Shea Stadium.

Having been to over 20 MLB parks over the past 3 years, there is nothing like attending a game at Yankee/Shea/Fenway. There are enough annoying fans to ruin everyone's day. Didnt really see that anywhere else. Its amazing.

I go next weekend. Expect lots of the same. And wouldnt want it any other way (until I have my own kids.)

I agree with this! Only been to 2 other NFL stadiums (Houston, Jacksonville) and there were plenty of drunks who were more than willing to try and heckle the Jet fans. Unfortunately they came unprepared for the battle... even in that blowout loss in Jacksonville they couldnt even heckle good... in fact we Jet fans were harsher on the Jets than the Jags fans. Thats why I enjoy Pats/Jets games... most Pats fans can hang with Jet fans, but unfortunately at some point they always have to start a Yankees suck chant.

I was also at a Yankee game in the Bronx with my GF in August 2004. this drunken dip**** (A Yankee fan, he was already ****ed up in the first inning!) was holding 2 beers bobbing and weaving until he got in his seat right behind us. he almost doused my GF with one of his beers. so, seeing that the seats behind him were available, I grabbed her and we moved behind him and I began to splash my beer a little and give him some of his own medicine..he apologized, but was in such a drunken stupor that he couldn't possibly have been able to enjoy the game. there are *******s everywhere.

I agree with this! Only been to 2 other NFL stadiums (Houston, Jacksonville) and there were plenty of drunks who were more than willing to try and heckle the Jet fans. Unfortunately they came unprepared for the battle... even in that blowout loss in Jacksonville they couldnt even heckle good... in fact we Jet fans were harsher on the Jets than the Jags fans. Thats why I enjoy Pats/Jets games... most Pats fans can hang with Jet fans, but unfortunately at some point they always have to start a Yankees suck chant.

The Yankees Sucks chants have disappeared from Pats games.

IMO: Pats and Jets fans have a lot more in common than they think. The fan bases are very similar.

The worst fans I have ever encountered are Steelers fans. I have been to Pittsburgh twice and have never taken so much abuse in my life.

The worst stadium and fans I have ever encountered was at the old Cleveland municipal (playoff game). Holy Moly! I had women banging on my stall door in the ladies room screaming "kill the damn Yankee!" Hello???!!!! As hard as it was for me (REALLY hard) I finished my business, washed my hands and walked out of there - with Pats cap on- and endured the abuse as I walked out.....all the while having these girls screaming in my face and bumping me on purpose. It took all the composure I could muster not to smack one of 'em in the face.....although I did say "nice teeth" to one of 'em as I walked by.....hey, I wouldn't be me if I didn't say something! :)

Yeah... not all of us are trash, just those in Southie and the southern suburbs. Just like Long Island where the North Shore is awesome and the South Shore sucks.

Dude, not for nothin', but you live in BILLERICA! Home of the only Bruins fans left on the planet, a low-security prison full of multiple dui offenders, and people that "escaped" Somerville. Please......

This was not SUPPOSED to be a discussion of how each one of you JN posters are such well-rounded, wonderfully benevolent people who are 10 times better people than the rest of us in the free world! We get it!!! Other people drink too much and ruin your fun! Sometimes I wonder how everybody else gets by in life without the guidance of you people.

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE a discussion of how the other night (!!!) the Red Sox fans cheered on a player who was hitting below the Mendoza Line in an effort to help him and how on that same night...the Yankee fans mercilessly booed 3 of their own players! I was just pointing out the difference in fanbases and wondering why there was such different reactions from equally passionate fanbases???

Then, I was hoping to discuss why this was? Perhaps because the Sox are light years ahead of whomever is in second place and/or because the Yankees have no hopes for a respectable season despite spending well over $220 million???

The Yankees Sucks chants have disappeared from Pats games.

IMO: Pats and Jets fans have a lot more in common than they think. The fan bases are very similar.

The worst fans I have ever encountered are Steelers fans. I have been to Pittsburgh twice and have never taken so much abuse in my life.

Yet they suck as Pirates fans. Too bad they dont care as much about baseball as they do about football (or at least pretend to)

The worst stadium and fans I have ever encountered was at the old Cleveland municipal (playoff game). Holy Moly! I had women banging on my stall door in the ladies room screaming "kill the damn Yankee!" Hello???!!!! As hard as it was for me (REALLY hard) I finished my business, washed my hands and walked out of there - with Pats cap on- and endured the abuse as I walked out.....all the while having these girls screaming in my face and bumping me on purpose. It took all the composure I could muster not to smack one of 'em in the face.....although I did say "nice teeth" to one of 'em as I walked by.....hey, I wouldn't be me if I didn't say something! :)

Did they have toilet paper in there??

Also, they knew something smelled pretty so they wanted to get close to you...

And arent most of them the size of farm animals anyway???

All I would keep muttering is "Im glad I dont live in this sh!thole.

Yet they suck as Pirates fans. Too bad they dont care as much about baseball as they do about football (or at least pretend to)

I didn't even mention that some drunk dude got in my face to let me know that the Red Sox were putting teams like his Pirates out of business. This was January of '97 by the way.

Ignore Garb's comments about Billerica. I went to College in Lowell and have many friends from Billerica.

Dude, not for nothin', but you live in BILLERICA! Home of the only Bruins fans left on the planet, a low-security prison full of multiple dui offenders, and people that "escaped" Somerville. Please......

The prison is on the other side of town:)

Bruins??? Who are they? I thought Wilmington people loved them.

Its not my favorite place to live in Mass.... I enjoyed Tewksbury a lot more. Reminded me of Long Island... strip malls as far as the eye can see, piss poor government, traffic sucks.

Living in Billerica aint great, but its better than when I lived in Athol.... that was way too close to Winchen-tucky (uh, I mean Winchendon)

Sad thing is I have to live around this area for my job. They want me close to Tewksbury so that I have easy access to the highways to reach all parts of Mass and NH. I could drive 495 blind I know it so well.

This was not SUPPOSED to be a discussion of how each one of you JN posters are such well-rounded, wonderfully benevolent people who are 10 times better people than the rest of us in the free world! We get it!!! Other people drink too much and ruin your fun! Sometimes I wonder how everybody else gets by in life without the guidance of you people.

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE a discussion of how the other night (!!!) the Red Sox fans cheered on a player who was hitting below the Mendoza Line in an effort to help him and how on that same night...the Yankee fans mercilessly booed 3 of their own players! I was just pointing out the difference in fanbases and wondering why there was such different reactions from equally passionate fanbases???

Then, I was hoping to discuss why this was? Perhaps because the Sox are light years ahead of whomever is in second place and/or because the Yankees have no hopes for a respectable season despite spending well over $220 million???

Some of us discuss other things than how an opposing team is and how they are doing, some people have other concerns, I know you don't know how to do anything other than instigate and ridicule teams/players but you should try practicing how to discuss other subjects (other than the Red Sox and Yankees, since you know nothing about any other sport)

The prison is on the other side of town:)

Bruins??? Who are they? I thought Wilmington people loved them.

Its not my favorite place to live in Mass.... I enjoyed Tewksbury a lot more. Reminded me of Long Island... strip malls as far as the eye can see, piss poor government, traffic sucks.

Living in Billerica aint great, but its better than when I lived in Athol.... that was way too close to Winchen-tucky (uh, I mean Winchendon)

Sad thing is I have to live around this area for my job. They want me close to Tewksbury so that I have easy access to the highways to reach all parts of Mass and NH. I could drive 495 blind I know it so well.

One of my best friends lives in Billerica. And I swear by my statement that it is the land of Bruins fans. That and Charlestown, it's weird.

Tewksbury is great, and it's only the next town over (wait - "ovah." ;) ). Route 3 blows chunks though and 128(95) - ugh....Mass Pike - ugh.....damn, everywhere you go - ugh!

Never been to Athol in my life. Where is it?

Really??? Thats not what I got out of the original post. What I got was how great sox fans are supporting their players and how bad Yankee fans were booing their players when they struggle. I'm not a Yankee fan, so it doesnt bother me personally.

I've seen plenty of Sox fans booing their own players in the past... didnt see the lugo incident so I cant comment until I do.

I'd suggest you give Garb back her horse...

:)

One of my best friends lives in Billerica. And I swear by my statement that it is the land of Bruins fans. That and Charlestown, it's weird.

Tewksbury is great, and it's only the next town over (wait - "ovah." ;) ). Route 3 blows chunks though and 128(95) - ugh....Mass Pike - ugh.....damn, everywhere you go - ugh!

Never been to Athol in my life. Where is it?

Gee, maybe I should find myself some Bruin fan to sell me his tix for when the Isles are in town...

Rt 3 is much better now they have finally finished it... sucks you can only do 70 max b/c of all the cops. I avoid it in the morning b/c of all the techies going to work clog the road up. I try to avoid 128 as much as possible. Its a waste during rush hour. Thats why I try to stay outside of that area. I know almost nothing about towns inside 128, but outside 128 I know the towns pretty well. Guess I am just scared....

Athol- take route 2 west until the road goes from 4 lanes to 2.... about 40 minutes from 2/495 interchange. You know you're close when you hear banjos playing.:)

I didn't even mention that some drunk dude got in my face to let me know that the Red Sox were putting teams like his Pirates out of business. This was January of '97 by the way.

Ignore Garb's comments about Billerica. I went to College in Lowell and have many friends from Billerica.

Wow... and 10 years later the Pirates are still clinging to life.... Guess if the media feeds you enough bull-chips, you start believing it.....like global warming. Uh oh, the thought police is coming after me, I better buy some energy credits so they get off my case.

Its simple for small market teams and their fans- if the fans show up and support the team win or lose, you will become good and become a player in the Free agent market. If you only show up when you are a front runner, you will rarely be good.

I have to say that I am very proud of Red Sox Nation tonight. Unlike, say, their counterparts in the filthy Bronx, the Fenway faithful showed great class by cheering for Julio Lugo to get a hit while he is mired in a miserable slump.

I didnt watch the Yankee game last night...but I did read the Post, and at least 3 Yankees were booed (Pettite, Myers, Abre-boo). I would think that crowd support would AT LEAST be available to the Yankees as they attempt to make this season somewhat respectable???!??!?!?!?

Either way, Julio has the support of RSN and he will turn this slump around...he'll contribute something substantial to this team before the year is done.

Good job by the fans tonight!

Ok.... finally had a chance to watch Monday's game.

The fans DID NOT boo Lugo at all in his 4 plate appearances, but there was no real cheering for Lugo.

1st inning- Led off game for sox in bottom of inning. No real cheering... walked, got cheers.

3rd inning- sacrifice bunt. obviously got cheers after bunting...

5th inning- finally heard Lugo chant- but sox had just gone up 7-3 and sounded more sarcastic than actually cheering for Lugo. But even Yankee fans would cheer their crappy players if they just had gone up by 4 runs. "Lets Go Lugo" lasted 1 pitch. grounds out to end inning. some groans, but no booing.

7th inning- loaded bases- 2 outs- up by 4 runs... fans start "lets go lugo" what fans wouldnt cheer their player up by 4 with the chance to blow it open. If they were losing 7-3 with Lugo up, I doubt they would have been cheering.

July 3rd

1st ab- 2nd inning- sox up 1-0 runners on 2nd & 3rd... not much cheering, no "lets go lugo" chants. base hit drives in 2.

So, the only time Sox fans actually cheered for Lugo was when the game was a 4 run difference with the bases loaded. Leave it to loudmouth Jerry Remy to make it sound like 35,000 screaming fans chanting "Lets go Lugo".

This makes them the class of baseball???

Oh, and sunday (the yankee game you reference) the Yanks were getting their @sses kicked 8-0 going into the bottom of the 2nd and lost 11-5. What a surprise Yankee fans were pissed.

Dont you think if Lugo's Red Sox were in a similar situation the "great fans" of Red Sox nation would have been booing?

Archived