Calvin Johnson Signed

TSZ Mike

All 5 1st rounders who signed 6 year deals were in the Top 10 though, Revis is at 14.

As for the Lions getting Calvin in camp, good for them. They have a very good 1-3 in Roy Williams, Calvin & Mike Furrey. Furrey in the slot should be even better with Williams & Calvin getting all of the attention on the outside. I don't see 10 wins for Detroit, but around .500 at 6-10, 7-9, isn't out of the question.

All 5 1st rounders who signed 6 year deals were in the Top 10 though, Revis is at 14.

As for the Lions getting Calvin in camp, good for them. They have a very good 1-3 in Roy Williams, Calvin & Mike Furrey. Furrey in the slot should be even better with Williams & Calvin getting all of the attention on the outside. I don't see 10 wins for Detroit, but around .500 at 6-10, 7-9, isn't out of the question.

Revis will be in soon I am sure usually this stuff always happens the first week. Just a matter of time. If Detroit's defense can be decent the Lions can surprise this season.

Revis will be in soon I am sure usually this stuff always happens the first week. Just a matter of time.

I still remember Keyshawn holding out for the first 3 weeks of camp in '96. This is kind of reminding me, although with Key it wasn't about the length of the contract, still kind of similar.

I still remember Keyshawn holding out for the first 3 weeks of camp in '96. This is kind of reminding me, although with Key it wasn't about the length of the contract, still kind of similar.
I really do not see Revis holding out. I really can not think of a DB that has held out. But my mind is small and forgets things quickly

detroit will win their division.
bold prediction there. Detroit could and should at least be able to take the :bag: off there head :)

I really do not see Revis holding out. I really can not think of a DB that has held out. But my mind is small and forgets things quickly

bold prediction there. Detroit could and should at least be able to take the :bag: off there head :)

here's a tip to give the illusion of a bigger mind mike..... simply post right after shasta or patriot rain.

I dissagree with all who say it's ok for revis to miss camp cause he's a cornerback. he needs to be in there now if he's gonna contribute in the early weeks. however this situation has an upside in that miller is benifitting tremendously by this holdout.

kendall? I really am not bothered. brick & mangold don't need a mentor this year, they need clarke to step up & gel with them.

they went 9-7

sure they won a playoff game but still, they weren't superbowl bound and alexander had a downyear

Maybe its because both Alexander and Hasselbeck missed games? I think Matt missed 3 or 4 and Alexander 4 or 5? That will definitely have an impact on your record, as well as a surging San Francisco team.

Cannot wait for the race for the NFC West this year, and I'm being serious. This division keeps getting better. San Franciso is on the rise, Seattle is still solid, St.Louis added some playmakers on both sides of the ball and Arizona has lots of young talent. Should be interesting.

so are you telling me seattle did better or something?

i stand by what i said, they declined last year regardless of why.

That has nothing to do with the other 5 Super Bowl losers before them who missed the playoffs. Yes their record was worse but they also had injuries to their 2 best players and still not only made the playoffs but won their division. Whether you want to admit that or not, it is the truth. Seattle will rebound this season with a 10-6 or 11-5 effort, especially with a full off-season for Deion Branch in the system, who is filling in for Darrell Jackson, who is now helping improve Alex Smith in San Francisco. Still can't see why Seattle would trade him to their biggest threat in the West.

That has nothing to do with the other 5 Super Bowl losers before them who missed the playoffs. Yes their record was worse but they also had injuries to their 2 best players and still not only made the playoffs but won their division. Whether you want to admit that or not, it is the truth. Seattle will rebound this season with a 10-6 or 11-5 effort, especially with a full off-season for Deion Branch in the system, who is filling in for Darrell Jackson, who is now helping improve Alex Smith in San Francisco. Still can't see why Seattle would trade him to their biggest threat in the West.

umm

the 2001 rams lost kurt warner the next year didnt they?

the 2002 raiders lost gannon didn't they?

i wont bother with the rest of the list.

either way i'm intersted in watching the Lions offense.

umm

the 2001 rams lost kurt warner the next year didnt they?

the 2002 raiders lost gannon didn't they?

i wont bother with the rest of the list.

either way i'm intersted in watching the Lions offense.

What the hell kind of nonsense are your rambling about now?

In 2002 the Rams starting Warner for just 7 games fell from 14-2 in '01 to just 7-9 in '02. Injuries, like in Seattle, played a key.

In 2002, Rich Gannon started every game for Oakland on their way to an 11-5 season. Then in 2003 with Gannon starting just 7 games, they fell to 4-12. Injuries, like in Seattle, played a key, and Oakland has never been the same since.

Seattle still made the playoffs AND won its division. They are still a powerhouse team that lost its two best players last season for numerous games. Hasselbeck missed 4; Alexander 6. With them healthy, Seattle would've easily won at least another 2 games to make themselves 11-5.

What the hell kind of nonsense are your rambling about now?

In 2002 the Rams starting Warner for just 7 games fell from 14-2 in '01 to just 7-9 in '02. Injuries, like in Seattle, played a key.

In 2002, Rich Gannon started every game for Oakland on their way to an 11-5 season. Then in 2003 with Gannon starting just 7 games, they fell to 4-12. Injuries, like in Seattle, played a key, and Oakland has never been the same since.

Seattle still made the playoffs AND won its division. They are still a powerhouse team that lost its two best players last season for numerous games. Hasselbeck missed 4; Alexander 6. With them healthy, Seattle would've easily won at least another 2 games to make themselves 11-5.

basically what I'm saying is Chicago is gonig to go downhill, regardless of what the hell the reason will be.

This is good news for MT, if a #2 pick can sign a 6 year deal ,Than so can Revis

This should allow MT to have a upper hand on Revis' Agent no??

Doubtful. I doubt the Jets are offering Revis at pick #14 the kind of money Johnson is getting at pick#2.

who would have thought CJ would be signed before Revis? great job Jets

Guess how many years too Tys? 6.

Which means we have 5 1st round picks signed to 6 year deals. Get the picture Revis? If you out play your rookie contract in 4 or 5 years, you will get a new deal anyway. Now sign dammit.

Guess how many years too Tys? 6.

Which means we have 5 1st round picks signed to 6 year deals. Get the picture Revis? If you out play your rookie contract in 4 or 5 years, you will get a new deal anyway. Now sign dammit.

Do you think the Jets are offering Revis the deal that CJ got? Hardly.

Do you think the Jets are offering Revis the deal that CJ got? Hardly.

It doesn't matter. If you out-play your rookie contract, after 4 or 5 years, you will get a new one, no matter if you sign a 5 or 6 year deal. Revis should sign the contract and get in camp. On his rookie contract alone he'd be able to retire after 5 or 6 years if he wanted too and live his life with a few mansions and a dozen cars. A rookie contract at 14 is something along the lines of $15 million with around $8-10 million guarenteed.

It doesn't matter. If you out-play your rookie contract, after 4 or 5 years, you will get a new one, no matter if you sign a 5 or 6 year deal. Revis should sign the contract and get in camp. On his rookie contract alone he'd be able to retire after 5 or 6 years if he wanted too and live his life with a few mansions and a dozen cars. A rookie contract at 14 is something along the lines of $15 million with around $8-10 million guarenteed.

Somebody probably told that to Larry Johnson but forgot to tell the Chiefs front office.

In the world of the NFL with no gauarenteed contracts and all the violent injuries, there is no way anyone is not going to look out for their interests. The teams do it pretty cold heartedly with how they cut people, why shouldn't the players look out for themselves. The money isn't going to dazzle the guy into playing an extra year because the jets want to strong arm him, he is the 14th pick, he is going to make the big bucks regardless.

My view on it is this:

With $8-10 million guarenteed, you don't need to earn another dollar in your life if you know how to save money and not piss it all away. Sign the 6 year deal and if you out-play it, you will still get a new contract after 4 or 5 years, like everyone else who was signed to a 5 or 6 year deal.

My view on it is this:

With $8-10 million guarenteed, you don't need to earn another dollar in your life if you know how to save money and not piss it all away. Sign the 6 year deal and if you out-play it, you will still get a new contract after 4 or 5 years, like everyone else who was signed to a 5 or 6 year deal.

124, meet inflation, inflation, meet 124.

You do know that older players who played for the nfl 20 years ago also made vastly more then the average joe, but when you factor in that there is a huge injury/paralysis risk, and the fact that you will have a significantly shorter life expectency and the real possibility of huge health care costs, it is foolish to not go for what you can while you can.

Nobody here would disagree with the fact that Larry Johnson FAR outplayed his rookie contract, but the fact is he really outplayed too much, he took a lot of abuse and now the team, and most media experts, knows he only has 2-3 years at best, he still has 2 seasons to go on his 6 year deal so the Chiefs seem intent on running him into the ground, so you have a player who is arguably #1-2 in the league at rb who will be mostly washed up by the time he hits free agency.

Sorry but the rosey picture of a player getting rewarded with heafty extensions early in their contract is the exception, not the rule. QB's really are the only ones who a team will bend over for in these cases.

In the end, the Jets are asking Revis to take a deal drastically different then his peers in relatively close spots on the draft board did.

Archived