Who's out (Friday night)...Pennington starting

NIGHT STALKER

Jets | E. Smith expected to miss preseason game

Thu, 9 Aug 2007 11:27:24 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star Ledger, reports New York Jets FS Eric Smith (hamstring) is expected to miss the team's first preseason game

Jets | Kowalewski expected to miss preseason game

Thu, 9 Aug 2007 11:15:30 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star Ledger, reports New York Jets TE Joe Kowalewski (leg, hamstring) is expected to miss the team's first preseason game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jets | J. Miller expected to miss preseason game

Thu, 9 Aug 2007 11:13:50 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star Ledger, reports New York Jets CB Justin Miller (hamstring) is expected to miss the team's first preseason game because of a hamstring injury.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jets | Tutt expected to play a lot in preseason game

Thu, 9 Aug 2007 11:12:36 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports New York Jets FB Stacy Tutt is expected to play most of the team's first preseason game.

Jets | Pennington to start preseason game

Thu, 9 Aug 2007 11:08:53 -0700

J.P. Pelzman, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets QB Chad Pennington will start in the team's first preseason game. Head coach Eric Mangini would not elaborate on how long Pennington will play.

This miller injury is pissing me off. We need him healthy, (patriot fans; please do not respond) and on the field.

That's right... we need him healthy. Not for the first preseason game, but for the opener against the Pats. If they rush him back like they did with Smith... what good is that? Why risk a re-injury for a preseason opener? We don't need him on the field at all tomorrow night.... we need him in week 1.

That's right... we need him healthy. Not for the first preseason game, but for the opener against the Pats. If they rush him back like they did with Smith... what good is that? Why risk a re-injury for a preseason opener? We don't need him on the field at all tomorrow night.... we need him in week 1.

last year proved we have a pretty capable training staff. we had few injuries.

I have no idea but since smiths hammy happened on a slippery field, i'm not sure it's related to his prior knee injury. maybe he overcompensated cause the knee was sore but it's speculation at this point.

i'm not buying the had they rested him another day he wouldn't have gotten injured cause we as fans just don't know the circumstances

last year proved we have a pretty capable training staff. we had few injuries.

I have no idea but since smiths hammy happened on a slippery field, i'm not sure it's related to his prior knee injury. maybe he overcompensated cause the knee was sore but it's speculation at this point.

i'm not buying the had they rested him another day he wouldn't have gotten injured cause we as fans just don't know the circumstances

In the grand scheme of things does the 1st preseason game mean anything?

IMO it doesn't mean anything for the guys who have already made the team, it's about the guys who need to make it past the 1st round of cuts.

In the grand scheme of things does the 1st preseason game mean anything?

IMO it doesn't mean anything for the guys who have already made the team, it's about the guys who need to make it past the 1st round of cuts.

absolutely gainzo. my sticking point with thunder is the difficult task of knowing when to let a player rest his injury & when it's ok to let him practice with an injury. the track record under mangini has been good up until smiths injury.

i'm just kinda sayin I trust this organization to know how to handle our wounded.

miller & smith won't & should not play, I don't think anyone is thinking otherwise

absolutely gainzo. my sticking point with thunder is the difficult task of knowing when to let a player rest his injury & when it's ok to let him practice with an injury. the track record under mangini has been good up until smiths injury.

i'm just kinda sayin I trust this organization to know how to handle our wounded.

miller & smith won't & should not play, I don't think anyone is thinking otherwise

If those guys play I would be shocked.

Jets | Tutt expected to play a lot in preseason game

Thu, 9 Aug 2007 11:12:36 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports New York Jets FB Stacy Tutt is expected to play most of the team's first preseason game.

This is the one that I find interesting. Barnes is brand spanking new and as far as I know isn't dinged. Why would Tutt play so much? I think they may be trying to keep Tutt as a FB/H-Back or another one of the TE types (Pociask/Kowlewski).

With all due respect to Joe Willy, I think luck has more to do with the lack of major injuries than the training staff. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed again this year. Like every other year.

This is the one that I find interesting. Barnes is brand spanking new and as far as I know isn't dinged. Why would Tutt play so much? I think they may be trying to keep Tutt as a FB/H-Back or another one of the TE types (Pociask/Kowlewski).

Could be one of two reasons.

Barnes seems to have locked himself in as the starting FB, so he gets the luxury of watching from the sidelines with the other starters.

Or, as part of me suspects,

Tutt's spot on the team may not be so secure, and they are showcasing him as trade bait.

With all due respect to Joe Willy, I think luck has more to do with the lack of major injuries than the training staff. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed again this year. Like every other year.

yeah you nailed it #27. luck(or lack thereof) plays a major role in injuries. I don't blame anyone for smiths injuries.

I do think herm overdid it with chad & cumar though

Could be one of two reasons.

Barnes seems to have locked himself in as the starting FB, so he gets the luxury of watching from the sidelines with the other starters.

Or, as part of me suspects,

Tutt's spot on the team may not be so secure, and they are showcasing him as trade bait.

Interesting. I never thought of him being trade bait. Never thought they'd get any offer for an UDFA PS player. He's a nice project being a former QB at Richmond - who knows. I think he's better than 50% to make the squad.

I do think herm overdid it with chad & cumar though

C'mon now. Herm didn't cause Chad or Curtis' injuries. He just made it likely that by the end of the season neither would ever play again.

Interesting. I never thought of him being trade bait. Never thought they'd get any offer for an UDFA PS player. He's a nice project being a former QB at Richmond - who knows. I think he's better than 50% to make the squad.

It's just a hunch, they may feel he is expendable, one way or the other.

It would be risky going into the season with only one FB, but they have some capable TEs who can play h-back.

Archived