Broncos Interested In JMac?

SoFlaJets

Thank god for Tivo...the two guys mentioned were John Engleberger, 6'4 260 DE and Ebenezer Ekuban, 6'4 275 DE...Engelberger is 30 and Ekuban is 31.

Wow that's great and they're NOT a good fit for the 3-4. I've said it all during the off season... I honestly expect JMac to have a break out year for us this year. No way we should deal him.

Wow that's great and they're NOT a good fit for the 3-4. I've said it all during the off season... I honestly expect JMac to have a break out year for us this year. No way we should deal him.

Not a suprise, another good post by Thai. ;)

I still say keep J-Mac. He moved to special teams last year to show he was willing to do anything to contribute. He was clearly being made an example of by Mangini and didn't bitch about it. "Failed" his initial camp eval and went out and passed it less than 24 hours later. The team is better with him as a #3 WR than any other WR on the roster.

I never did - that slats guy did. J-Mac can play out of the slot no prob in my book. He can bump and run and is a damn good blocker.

Yeah, I did.

He's a one trick pony. He's good going downfield, which is what our QB isn't good at throwing. He sucks after the catch. Every other receiver on the roster is better in that regard than JMac. For all his muscles, he's never played physically. I'd rather line Stacey Tutt up in the slot. But the Jets don't have to do that, they have a few WR's they can go with first.

Player's don't "break out" in their seventh year in the league. In three years with the Jets, he's never matched his productivity as a part time player with the Titans. If the Jets can trade McC for rush defense or a pass rush, they'll be significantly better as a team.

I'm all in favor of moving him if the price is right. He drops too many passes and does not fight to make the tough catch (2 ints last year come to mind). I wouldn't give him away, but if the Broncos are interested the Jets should listen.

Yeah, I did.

He's a one trick pony. He's good going downfield, which is what our QB isn't good at throwing. He sucks after the catch. Every other receiver on the roster is better in that regard than JMac. For all his muscles, he's never played physically. I'd rather line Stacey Tutt up in the slot. But the Jets don't have to do that, they have a few WR's they can go with first.

Player's don't "break out" in their seventh year in the league. In three years with the Jets, he's never matched his productivity as a part time player with the Titans. If the Jets can trade McC for rush defense or a pass rush, they'll be significantly better as a team.

his 'break out' year with the titans was as a slot receiver. He's playing the slot for a full year for the first time with the jets this year.

one trick pony? so i assume blocking doesn't count, and you have never seen him do a stop route? I've seen him do plenty of routes, maybe we're talking about a different leauge/team.

his 'break out' year with the titans was as a slot receiver. He's playing the slot for a full year for the first time with the jets this year.

one trick pony? so i assume blocking doesn't count, and you have never seen him do a stop route? I've seen him do plenty of routes, maybe we're talking about a different leauge/team.

The Titans' offense is completely different than the Jets'. Justin excelled there playing an almost sandlot role, where McNair would scramble around then find McGuy open downfield once the coverage broke down. Virtually the opposite of the timing offense the Jets employ. McC does not run good routes. He's not good at getting open in short space. He does not attack the ball on the catch. He's terrible with the ball in his hands.

Blocking? The Jets have blocking TE's, blocking FB's, they need receivers who can catch a 7 yard pass on third & 6.

I'd cut him outright, but if the Jets can get defensive help for him, or a pick in next year's draft, that's certainly a lot better.

The Titans' offense is completely different than the Jets'. Justin excelled there playing an almost sandlot role, where McNair would scramble around then find McGuy open downfield once the coverage broke down. Virtually the opposite of the timing offense the Jets employ. McC does not run good routes. He's not good at getting open in short space. He does not attack the ball on the catch. He's terrible with the ball in his hands.

Blocking? The Jets have blocking TE's, blocking FB's, they need receivers who can catch a 7 yard pass on third & 6.

I'd cut him outright, but if the Jets can get defensive help for him, or a pick in next year's draft, that's certainly a lot better.

Those aren't the reports coming out of training camp, or what i saw of him late last year. He has broken up countless INT's on the flutter ball chad likes to toss.

You'd cut him? wow, you must be a scout then.

Those aren't the reports coming out of training camp, or what i saw of him late last year. He has broken up countless INT's on the flutter ball chad likes to toss.

You'd cut him? wow, you must be a scout then.

He's watched more passes get intercepted than he's broken up. He waits for the ball to get to him rather than go after it. Once he has the ball in his hands he's terrible running with it. Chad needs YAC guys.

And yeah, I'd cut him before I paid his salary to a #3 WR. Especially with Brad Smith on the roster and the camp that Stuckey's having. But of course I'd look to trade him first.

I don't understand the love affair with this guy. He's really just not very good.

He's watched more passes get intercepted than he's broken up. He waits for the ball to get to him rather than go after it. Once he has the ball in his hands he's terrible running with it. Chad needs YAC guys.

And yeah, I'd cut him before I paid his salary to a #3 WR. Especially with Brad Smith on the roster and the camp that Stuckey's having. But of course I'd look to trade him first.

I don't understand the love affair with this guy. He's really just not very good.

I'd suggest watching the games and reading stat lines. He's great at going up for the ball, he's the only deep threat on this team, and he'd be a much better number two if coles or cotch went down early.

He's still the 3rd best wide out on the team, if he's not going to be a jet we'll get something for him.

Yeah, I did.

He's a one trick pony. He's good going downfield, which is what our QB isn't good at throwing. He sucks after the catch. Every other receiver on the roster is better in that regard than JMac.

You're entitled to an opinion - but here's the numbers.

Yards After Catch

03 04 05 06

Cotch - - 3.6 4.5

Coles 6.0 4.0 2.8 3.5

Jmac 4.7 2.4 3.5 4.1

I think you're dead wrong about him not being a go-to guy on 3rd and 7 - he'll make those catches. He had his head up his azz in 05 but has played well otherwise. I agree that we don't have the QB (currently) to utilize his strengths and if we can get good value for him we should do it. Releasing him is absurd.

Archived