Belly and Pats up to dirty crap again

SouthernJet

CHILDRESS SAYS BELICHICK TRIED TO GET VIKES NOT TO CLAIM CUT PLAYER

The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Pats coach Bill Belichick tried to persuade Vikings coach Brad Childress not to make a waiver claim on tight end Garrett Mills, who had been released by the Patriots on Saturday. The Pats wanted to be able to sign Mills to the practice squad once he made it through waivers.

Per the Star Tribune, which was recounting a Childress interview on WCCO-AM, Childress said that Belichick called to explain that there was a released Vikings player in which the Pats were interested, and that the Pats would pass on said player if the Vikings would not assert a waiver claim for Mills.

"I said, 'Well, I'm really interested in your guy, so we'll have to let our guy slide,'" Childress said. "He didn't really care for that. He was trying to leverage. You always find out who is honest and straightforward."

The Patriots claimed former Vikings linebacker David Herron, proving that Belichick's words weren't hollow.

The broader question, as we see it, is whether Belichick's offer to Childress constitutes an attempt at collusion, and whether it would give the NFLPA grounds for filing a grievance under the CBA, or other relief under federal labor laws. Agreements by individual teams that frustrate the system that has been created for filling NFL rosters are presumably forbidden, and could lead to a real problem for Belichick, if anyone pursues the matter. And if what Childress is saying is true.

A practical consequence of the decision of Childress to tell Belichick to shove it up his hoodie is that, if the Pats are indeed thinking about dealing receiver Randy Moss and if the Vikings would be interested in bringing him back in order to put butts in the seats, the Patriots are now highly unlikely to do business with the Vikings. (Given the strong possibility that Childress doesn't want Moss, it could be that the head coach sounded off about Belichick in order to ensure that Moss doesn't get crammed down the coaching staff's throat by owner Zygi Wilf.)

He was trying to get a player through to his PS. You think these kinds of converstaions do not happen throughout the NFL? What was "dishonest" about this conversation anyway? "Hey, I really want my guy - don't take him. but if you do I'm taking your guy I'm interested in." Childress takes him, BB takes his guy. Again, what is dishonest here? Sounds like Childress is pissed off about last year's game where BB pretty much undressed that over-rated Vikes squad and set the blue-print on how to beat them.

Jets fans - oh so high and mighty. 'Gimme a break.

He was trying to get a player through to his PS. You think these kinds of converstaions do not happen throughout the NFL? What was "dishonest" about this conversation anyway? "Hey, I really want my guy - don't take him. but if you do I'm taking your guy I'm interested in." Childress takes him, BB takes his guy. Again, what is dishonest here? Sounds like Childress is pissed off about last year's game where BB pretty much undressed that over-rated Vikes squad and set the blue-print on how to beat them.

What is dishonest about it? LOL!!!

He called and said don't put a waiver claim in on Mills. This way Mills wouldn't be on their active roster. Instead he could be on the Pats practice squad.

What is dishonest about that? LOL!!! Really you can't be serious. I understand why you want to defend him. Just not sure why you would do it this time.

I really can't say that Bill Belichick being dishonest... But he's simply being the prick that he always has been, and always will be.

Why take a player that you would have never signed before... Just to get back at a coach who signed a player who you cut? I mean, thats a prick move if I ever seen one.

And Garb if you think otherwise... You have no right telling us Jet fans to ever stop drinking the Green coolaid

He called and said don't put a waiver claim in on Mills. This way Mills wouldn't be on their active roster. Instead he could be on the Pats practice squad.

What is dishonest about that? LOL!!! Really you can't be serious. I understand why you want to defend him. Just not sure why you would do it this time.

Yah, which was the intent - again, what was dishonest here? He wanted to keep his guy - but if that was not happening, he was taking the Vikes guy. I don't see the dishonesty.

Yah, which was the intent - again, what was dishonest here?

Screwing over a player and hurting his chances of playing in an NFL Game. Seems dishonest to me. Besides the fact that what he did is against league rules. But hey, whatever.

Next year when Belly is coaching somewhere else we will love reading your take on how honest he is.

Jets fans are silly as all get out sometimes. Where was he dishonest? Ego, maybe. But you all call it dishonest and shady - so was Mangini's dealings and wrench throwing in the Branch situation last year anything less?

Under Belly's plan 2 players got put on the practice squads. Instead of possibly the active roster. Keep defending him.

What Mangini did last year was against the rules as well. It helped the Jets and it helped Branch (helped him get paid). Was it right for Mangini to do? No. Was I happy he did it yes.

Somehow you still act shocked everytime someone blasts Belly for something. When he is coaching the Giants next year you can tell us what you really think of him.

Jets fans are silly as all get out sometimes. Where was he dishonest? Ego, maybe. But you all call it dishonest and shady - so was Mangini's dealings and wrench throwing in the Branch situation last year anything less?

ok nevermind

Under Belly's plan 2 players got put on the practice squads. Instead of possibly the active roster. Keep defending him.

What Mangini did last year was against the rules as well. It helped the Jets and it helped Branch (helped him get paid). Was it right for Mangini to do? No. Was I happy he did it yes.

Somehow you still act shocked everytime someone blasts Belly for something. When he is coaching the Giants next year you can tell us what you really think of him.

Don't players go on the practice squad to work on their skills sets and work their way ONTO the active roster? I still don't get it. But whatever.

Max, I'm sorry but I just dont see BB leaving for the Giants next year after they just went and signed Moss, Stallworth, Welker along with A.Thomas for the Defense. If BB leaves after this year, believe me-you, it will be to take a much needed vacation from the game of football, and go relax in Jamica or something... Oh yea, not to mention that the Patriots have like 2 or 3 first round picks next year, I really dont see BB leaving a HOF QB behind in the dust in Tom Brady for a QB in Eli with the Giants with no Defense what so ever.

Dishonest or not... BB is a prick and I'm honestly glad he ran from his contract here in NY and became the coach of the Pats, I just dont want a guy like that as a coach for the team who I root for... Winner or not, let the Pats keem him for all I care.

What kind of coach will actually sign a player that he would have NEVER signed in the 1st place, just because another coach went and signed a player that you just released? Not only is that hurting the Patriots in a small way, but it's hurting the players chance that just got signed by NE to ever play a down in the NFL, it's wrong in my eyes... And BB just proved once again how much of a prick he is.

After the Jets beat the Pats... You could see how BB never wanted to even look Mangini in the eyes with that B.S handshake... But when they beat us in the playoofs, I wish Mangini would have spit right in the face of BB... Take that for some class Bill Belishiit.

Max, I'm sorry but I just dont see BB leaving for the Giants next year after they just went and signed Moss, Stallworth, Welker along with A.Thomas for the Defense. If BB leaves after this year, believe me-you, it will be to take a much needed vacation from the game of football, and go relax in Jamica or something... Oh yea, not to mention that the Patriots have like 2 or 3 first round picks next year, I really dont see BB leaving a HOF QB behind in the dust in Tom Brady for a QB in Eli with the Giants with no Defense what so ever.

And do you really think BB would wanna be the "2nd best" coach here in NY?

A little over dramatic don't you think Max?

It is not like he was black listing him. He tried to stash a player he has had for two years away on the PS until the Patriots needed him.

What is the big deal?

A little over dramatic don't you think Max?

It is not like he was black listing him. He tried to stash a player he has had for two years away on the PS until the Patriots needed him.

What is the big deal?

You are accusing me of being dramatic? For what purpose? To drive up post counts? Cmon, you guys know me better than that. I am serious and I just like to discuss sports. The fewer posts we can all make our point in the better off we all are.

;)

You have to wonder where the union is on stuff like this. I guess BB took Herron hoping he could deal him back or something. I don't think the Pats need him. Edit: This has to go against the CBA.

Pathetic. The Pats fans are really beginning to panic now.

Where does anyone use the word dishonest? The words used in this thread that I see are "dirty" and "snake like" and maybe after your first post that you use the word dishonest "shady." Is it typical Pats troll strategy to simple make up things? Oh, actually it is, just as admitted in my sig by the former head troll.

What Belichicken did is against league rules. Breaking rules is generally "dirty", "snake like" and "shady." The rest of the teams follow these rules, and the Pats cheat by breaking them, gaining an unfair advantage. Nothing new for BB, cheating is what he does best. Kraft probably shouldn't be giving him any bonus money to coach or anything, although I'm sure he can get some draft picks out of it.

I figure BB would be great on the Giants, I just can't wait for him to screw over the Pats to get there.

You have to wonder where the union is on stuff like this. I guess BB took Herron hoping he could deal him back or something. I don't think the Pats need him. Edit: This has to go against the CBA.

I imagine Mills could have a gripe.

Patriots could always use a LBer. Especially, one under 30. Plus, Justin Rogers was cut and was claimed by another team. I guess he did not want to go through a redshi....errr IR year on the Patriots roster.

You are accusing me of being dramatic? For what purpose? To drive up post counts? Cmon, you guys know me better than that. I am serious and I just like to discuss sports. The fewer posts we can all make our point in the better off we all are.

;)

There has to be a reason the Ecrub's and DWC's of this world find this place. ;)

Pathetic. The Pats fans are really beginning to panic now.

Where does anyone use the word dishonest? The words used in this thread that I see are "dirty" and "snake like" and maybe after your first post that you use the word dishonest "shady." Is it typical Pats troll strategy to simple make up things? Oh, actually it is, just as admitted in my sig by the former head troll.

What Belichicken did is against league rules. Breaking rules is generally "dirty", "snake like" and "shady." The rest of the teams follow these rules, and the Pats cheat by breaking them, gaining an unfair advantage. Nothing new for BB, cheating is what he does best. Kraft probably shouldn't be giving him any bonus money to coach or anything, although I'm sure he can get some draft picks out of it.

I figure BB would be great on the Giants, I just can't wait for him to screw over the Pats to get there.

How?

Obviously, there is some process that allows a team to know who has made a claim on their 'cut' player. Why would that be? So they might be able to work something out maybe between the teams?

Like with the HGH thing, if you think the Patriots are the only ones doing this, you are foolish.

It is funny, as many fans of other teams bitch about Belichick when something like this appears, they have yet to lose a draft pick over it.

How?

Obviously, there is some process that allows a team to know who has made a claim on their 'cut' player. Why would that be? So they might be able to work something out maybe between the teams?

Like with the HGH thing, if you think the Patriots are the only ones doing this, you are foolish.

It is funny, as many fans of other teams bitch about Belichick when something like this appears, they have yet to lose a draft pick over it.

And just like your argument on that issue, this is a load of crap. If this was any other team and HC doing this, you'd blast them for it, but since its your beloved team you refuse to take any accountability and simply decide to accuse the entire rest of the league in engaging in the same practice. I used to have a problem with Jets homers, but then I see Pats homers and the ridiculous bull**** they spout, and I'm thankful we have guys like ecurb to balance you jokers out. Atleast the Jets homers are posting on the right site, you people have absolutely no excuse.

Hey I got an idea, let me ask you about an issue that just happened. Do you think there are more NFL QBs engaging in dog fighting rings? Oh but that's different right? Because there's no proof to accuse other people, unlike all this steroids and shady dealings proof you've had access to when it comes to the Pats right?

**** off troll.

Pats fans thinking their **** don't stink. Billadick, will always be just that. A pompuss ass.

I really can't say that Bill Belichick being dishonest... But he's simply being the prick that he always has been, and always will be.

Interesting.

Two things:

1. Mangini would do the very same thing and probably already has.

2. You would have a wet dream if the Jets could get the Ultimate Patriot Steal: Bill himself.

3. There will no "punishment". Keep wishing.

Anything other than admitting I am right would raise a flag or two........

The rational behind your posts are getting a little weird as the time approaches for the Jets/Panzies showdown #1. This is CLEARLY a violation of the league rules. Ya gotta learn when to pick your battles. :box: This ain't it Garb.

Archived