Wes Welker? Seriously?

Thor99

How Deoin Branch do with Brady? Troy Brown? David Givens? David Patten?

With anyone else?

:rolleyes:

Did any of those guys have a weapon like Randy Moss on the other side of them? and Brown's '01 season was as good(or better) than Wes' 2 seasons in NE and troy had david Patten on the other side of him and a rookie Tom Brady(w/ 2 games of the awful Drew Bledsoe sprinkled in).

Did any of those guys have a weapon like Randy Moss on the other side of them? and Brown's '01 season was as good(or better) than Wes' 2 seasons in NE and troy had david Patten on the other side of him and a rookie Tom Brady(w/ 2 games of the awful Drew Bledsoe sprinkled in).

Did you just make David Patton into a great WR to disparage Wes Welker?

Its funny how you and Klecko are avoiding the fact that Welker lead the 2006 Dolphins in receptions.

Its funny how you and Klecko are avoiding the fact that Welker lead the 2006 Dolphins in receptions.

He was a dump off option, he averaged 10.3 YPC which is awful for a WR and scored ONE TD.

I was pointing out that patten was opposite troy Brown when brown had his big year. Randy Moss draws more attention than David Patten, right?

It's funny how Pats fans are avoiding the fact that if Randy Moss was gone Welker would be the one drawing double coverage.

He was a dump off option, he averaged 10.3 YPC which is awful for a WR and scored ONE TD.

I was pointing out that patten was opposite troy Brown when brown had his big year. Randy Moss draws more attention than David Patten, right?

Do you know that Welker is a slot receiver? His numbers in Miami speak for themselves.

crashingjet where are you to back me up on this?

Sorry, but Wes Welker is an animal. He used to piss me off even when he was a Dolphin. I think that during the time he has been with the Pats he is as good if not better in the clutch as Chrebet's best years. Add that he is faster and harder to bring down than Chrebet ever was, and you have a serious weapon. I doubt he will ever be a dangerous weapon in the red zone, but he is the perfect compliment to Moss. He's like the wideout version of Kevin Faulk. He'll never be a superstar, but he will always get that critical first down to put the offense in scoring range or to put the dagger in the other team. I feel dirty saying that about a Patriot, but it's delusional not to see it.

Edited by abyzmul

Welker is a good player but he gets severely overrated just like us Jet fans used to overrate Chrebet.

When did Chrebet ever come close to 100 catches in a season? Even Troy Brown caught over a 100 passes one season.

Welker has 223 catches in 32 regular season games with the Pats. In the 2007 playoffs he had 27 receptions.

As a New England Patriot Wes Welker has caught 250 passes in 35 games. He is terrible :rolleyes:

When did Chrebet ever come close to 100 catches in a season? Even Troy Brown caught over a 100 passes one season.

Welker has 223 catches in 32 regular season games with the Pats. In the 2007 playoffs he had 27 receptions.

As a New England Patriot Wes Welker has caught 250 passes in 35 games. He is terrible :rolleyes:

AND his numbers wouldn't be remotely close to that if he wasn't playing with Randy Moss.

AND his numbers wouldn't be remotely close to that if he wasn't playing with Randy Moss.

I have no idea why I'm trying to have a debate with you on this subject as your mind is made up.

Can you please tell me how Welker was the leading receiver for the 2006 Dolphins?

I have no idea why I'm trying to have a debate with you on this subject as your mind is made up.

Can you please tell me how Welker was the leading receiver for the 2006 Dolphins?

You act like the 2006 Miami Dolphins were a great team and stacked at WR. They had decent starters but they played 3-4 QBs that year and had a poor OL so they had to dump the ball off alot.

Do you know that Welker is a slot receiver? His numbers in Miami speak for themselves.

crashingjet where are you to back me up on this?

Yes he was an outstanding player for us. His special teams ability saved us in several games, including 1 game where he earned AFC player of the week. That week he kicked a FG, kicked an extra point and was also returning punts and KO's.

The one flaw in his stat's was just pointed out, he only had 1 TD during his career here. Chalk that up to a slew of $hitty QB's, but none the less, in 3 years here he only scored 1 TD.

Yes he was an outstanding player for us. His special teams ability saved us in several games, including 1 game where he earned AFC player of the week. That week he kicked a FG, kicked an extra point and was also returning punts and KO's.

The one flaw in his stat's was just pointed out, he only had 1 TD during his career here. Chalk that up to a slew of $hitty QB's, but none the less, in 3 years here he only scored 1 TD.

He's barely an average return man.

Wes Welker moves the chains. Leave the TD's to Randy Moss the 15 RB's and 10 TE's on the Pats roster.

As has been pointed out they had a ****ty oline and awful QB play. They also had Marty Booker and Chris Chambers as their 1 and 2. Do you really think Welker was the defense's primary concern with those two on the field?

Chambers was coming off a season where he had 82 catches, 1100+ yards and 11 TD. Marty Booker was a ProBowler who had already had 100 and 97 catch seasons under his belt. I am sure DC's were losing sleep in '06 over stopping Wes Welker. :rolleyes:

As has been pointed out they had a ****ty oline and awful QB play. They also had Marty Booker and Chris Chambers as their 1 and 2. Do you really think Welker was the defense's primary concern with those two on the field?

Chambers was coming off a season where he had 82 catches, 1100+ yards and 11 TD. Marty Booker was a ProBowler who had already had 100 and 97 catch seasons under his belt. I am sure DC's were losing sleep in '06 over stopping Wes Welker. :rolleyes:

So what? Wes Welker lead that team in receptions.

Wes Welker has scored ONE touchdown in the NFL

Wes Welker has never come up big in a big game

Wes Welker is a ****ing punt return man... nothing more

How can you watch a guy with 1 TD and 1100 yards in 3 years and call him a good WR?

Chad Pennington is the 2nd most accurate QB ever and the most winning JETS QB ever... its easy for me as a JETS fan to think he is great

Wes Welker... not so much

Sorry ecurb but that post pretty much proves you have no clue when it comes to the NFL. :rl:

Why? For the reminder the Phins screwed the pooch?

It was one of those deals that I can't get pissed at the front office for. All I can do is hate the system and the rules regarding restricted free agents.

Besides, we have Bess now, who will become a better player for us than Welker was.

It was one of those deals that I can't get pissed at the front office for. All I can do is hate the system and the rules regarding restricted free agents.

Besides, we have Bess now, who will become a better player for us than Welker was.

Why did you change your sig to a picture of a gaggle of dirty whores?

When is he a FA? ;)

Why? For the reminder the Phins screwed the pooch?

Wes is a good player who is made to look much better by playing opposite Moss. if he was still w/ Miami he's see double teams and alot more attention. The trdae turned out good for both sides, Wes isn't a differece maker and that is what Miami needs and he's a great compliment to Moss which is what NE needs though they made that deal before Moss.

Can't believe this thread will be 3 years old in September. :rl:

2 years old.