Wes Welker? Seriously?

Thor99

How do the Pats know these things PSFIKH? Is it Ernie Adams or Belichick?

TOP SHELF

Some players explode onto the scene, including current Jaguars star Maurice Jones-Drew and Patriots star Wes Welker. In fact, these players find themselves in some pretty rare company. Here's a look at the top five players in all-purpose yards over their first three seasons in the NFL:

• Gale Sayers (6,401)
  • Wes Welker (6,216)
  • LaDainian Tomlinson (6,145)
  • Bruce Harper (6,004)
  • Maurice Jones-Drew (6,003)

Hard to believe that Welker (whose first three years were 2004-06) is second only to the legendary Sayers in all-purpose yards over this period. In fact, given this information, it's hard to believe the Dolphins sent one of the most productive players in history to New England in 2007 for a second- and a seventh-round pick. In New England, Welker has caught 223 passes in two seasons. Harper is the great unkown on the list. The 5-8 speedster never really got a shot to start despite an impressive rushing average of 4.9 YPA in his career.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2791_He%27s_a_lonely_man_there_in_the_basement.html

Its true PFSIKH

I agree the Patriots knew they were getting a real good hard working player that was perfect for their system.

Gale Sayers though? No.

Maybe, if he and Brady play together for the better part of the next decade....:crossfingers:........maybe he can get some consideration, Noit yet though IMHO.

And a broken collar bone and hurt feelings.

Dang! Brady will be in the hospital, Welker - hospital, Mayo is already in the hospital. Who else? Wilfork? Koppen? Moss? Springs? Merriweather? The Jets are swaggerlicioulsy violent and mean. This 'aint the Jets superbowl! This is war!

LOL!

Dang! Brady will be in the hospital, Welker - hospital, Mayo is already in the hospital. Who else? Wilfork? Koppen? Moss? Springs? Merriweather? The Jets are swaggerlicioulsy violent and mean. This 'aint the Jets superbowl! This is war!

LOL!

Nantz and Simms better watch out theyre gonna get hit too.

• Upvote 1

LOL!

Seriously, do you expect anything less from us? I mean you obviously love reading this ****. Theres no other reason you post here. Is there?

Make fun all you want, but you have no real reason to be here.

Seriously, do you expect anything less from us? I mean you obviously love reading this ****. Theres no other reason you post here. Is there?

Make fun all you want, but you have no real reason to be here.

You are right. I do enjoy it. Truth be told I have no clue what the game is 'gonne be like. If I was going to be honest - I'd say your defense has more talent than the Pats and the Pats have more talent on offense - except for the oline. Actually, I usually am pretty honest with my analysis. Some of you should try it sometimes.

Anyway, if you were paying attention to your fellow Jets fans, I post here because I am a troll :)

• 1 month later...
Bump. For those Patsie trolls the importance of Welker is HUGE. Hope and pray he doesn't miss any more time because their O is in ALOT of problems without him.

Moss > Welker skill set

Welker > Moss -- in importance to their offense

We know.

Moss should have a huge game against the rookie corners, provided Welker draws double coverage to free him up. We all know Moss is nothing without the Welk-man. :rolleyes:

2 games w/o Wes: 14 catches -140 yards 10 YPC; 0 TDS.

5 games with Wes: 29 catches - 425 yards 14.7 YPC 4 TDS

Just sayin'.