Wes Welker? Seriously?

Thor99

Then why don't they?

Oh, I don't know. Perhaps because they don't have the best Wide Receiver in the NFL across the way from them, not to mention probably the scariest threat to beat you (not just with speed but with size and hands) deep in NFL history. I don't know, I guess not every team has a Randy Moss.

That being said, Wes Welker is a good receiver, but he's not great. On a lot of other teams he'd be a 60-80 catch guy.

Oh, I don't know. Perhaps because they don't have the best Wide Receiver in the NFL across the way from them, not to mention probably the scariest threat to beat you (not just with speed but with size and hands) deep in NFL history. I don't know, I guess not every team has a Randy Moss.

That being said, Wes Welker is a good receiver, but he's not great. On a lot of other teams he'd be a 60-80 catch guy.

On the Dolphins he had 67 catches to lead the team in his break out season. The guy is sure handed and almost always open it seems. I suspect he could be a leading receiver on any team he played on in terms of total number of grabs.

Is he a vertical threat with top flight speed and height? No. If you believe that to be a top WR you have to be a deep threat only, I guess you're entitled to that belief and you can judge him on that. But at other positions we see guys with very different games (compare Ted Washington to a 4-3 UT, or Barry Sanders to Jim Brown) who can still be considered the among the best.

The reality is that Welker is among the best in the league at what he does, Moss or no Moss. The bigger factor is probably the total # of times the Pats throw the ball, but I wonder how much that is influenced by the fact they HAVE Welker there. If it is 3rd and 4, you can run it, or you can throw it to the best slot receiver in the game.

• Upvote 1

HA HA. Now i'm getting to you troll. I'm not bitter at all. I'm thrilled your scum franchise is going home.

At least the Pats didn't spend $150 millions on free agents to go (Jets suck) 9-7. Lame. As much as I have friends on this board you are not one of them. GFY.

At least the Pats didn't spend $150 millions on free agents to go (Jets suck) 9-7. Lame. As much as I have friends on this board you are not one of them. GFY.

None of your friends are defending you tonight. You're a piece of **** troll and everyone knows it now. I've been right about you for years.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...