Sox get their arses felt

haggis

The Northsiders brought their bats today and Maddux is the guy I want on the mound for the "historic event". There is a lot of potential pop in the Bo-Sox lineup and Maddux doesn't give a s___ if he's facing the AL allstar team. Tomorrows game could be a different tune. Z is our ace at the moment, but he's an emotional kinda guy and will get flustered (a kind way of saying pissed) if he gets tagged with a couple dingers. BTW SJ, that blast from Papi is the furthest ball I've seen hit out of Wrigley in right. It would have hit the brownstone on the fly across Sheffield avenue if the trees didn't knock it down. Sutcliffe hit one on one bounce off a brownstone in the 84 playoff's against San Diego.... I gotta stop.....can't bring up the memories.... I though I processed them all...... :-({|=

Is Arroyo still using the "I was suspended for 6 games and the rest threw off my arm" excuse? Because that was a month ago and he hasnt been able to get anyone out since...

Before that, he hadnt lost since August of '04, this is probably just the law of averages rearing it's ugly head

For someone who was being called a "legit future ace" a couple months ago on this forum, Arroyo sure didn't look too impressive to me. Our lefties murdered him. Hollandworth hadn't went yard since the D'Backs series that opened the season, but he woke up in a big way yesterday. The Maddux home run was hilarious...the perfect icing on the cake of a major league ass whoopin'.

As for today's game, Wade Miller has always given the Cubs problems. However, this is a different Cubs team. If they come out hot again, there is no way they can beat Carlos if he can control his temper.

Arroyo is hitting a slump right now, but I still believe this kid is legit.

Boston have not been able to get a consistent string of baseball together. The pitching is just not there right now.I smell trade pretty soon.

Hopefully Wake can right the ship today and get that knuckleball dancing.

Arroyo and Manny Ramirez are killing me in fantasy land right now

mannys below .250 again, and nobodies taking him in trades

2 weeks ago i offered him to someone for the injured Vladimir Guerrero and got turned down

Not for nothing blackout...but your bad luck in fantasy baseball is the silver lining in Arroyo and Manny sucking this year

OK!!!!

2 for 2 against Sox.

Sunday night basball.

Rusch against Wakefield.

Cubbie bats should light this guy up.

d

(wondering to myself if vandoug can pinch-hit...or should I say "pinch-jinx" for JonE today)

Every now and then, JonEJinx needs a day off. Here's hoping your the substitute jinx.

OK!!!!

2 for 2 against Sox.

Sunday night basball.

Rusch against Wakefield.

Cubbie bats should light this guy up.

d

We'll see Doug... we dont see a lot of knuckleballers but everybody has pretty fair plate patience, cept for Patterson. It would be great to get him ...er, I mean give him a day off - he must be tired from all those pop-ups and K's yesterday. It will be interesting to see how Rusch does against the Bo-Sox sticks. BTW - the jinx thing doesn't apply when you're up 2 games to zip in a 3 game series. Then it falls under some type of actuarial table.

"pinch jinx"

:lol:

I like it.

Hey SJ - whats with Papi standing there with his thumb up his dukey on the dropped third yesterday? Does he do that often?

Too bad you couldn't make it out for a game or 2. The whole deal has been kind of a carnival atmosphere. Lots of RSN in the stands and the aftergame partying has been real good natured by both fanbases. I'm heading down to see if my scalper has anything for under a couple hundo - if so I'll catch the final.

(wondering to myself if vandoug can pinch-hit...or should I say "pinch-jinx" for JonE today)

Every now and then, JonEJinx needs a day off. Here's hoping your the substitute jinx.

Don't know why, but I just feel Aramis and Derek (to name 2) will tee up on Wakefield.

Not pinch-jinxing for anybody.

(I hope)

cheers,

d

Yeah I wish I could be in Chitown for it. Tried real hard the day they went on sale to get them but with scalper prices being so high, I'm reduced to watching it with friends at the local bar. glad you're enjoying the series. Hopefully the Sox make it respectable today with a win.

Sox and Yankees both got crushed today, us Yankees fans have no room to talk.

True, but Yankee fans should also know that they have "no room to talk" for the entire season.

Why?

the Yankees were swept by the ROYALS. 0-23 when scoring less than 3 runs? Being 2 games below .500 and in 4th place? Those facts pale in comparison to that.

Archived