If Chad out 4-6 weeks, he will never start again for Jets

SouthernJet

That's a great question Sperm, but since Mangini isn't a moderator on this board (not that I'm aware of), why was he confident? I would hope he has more insight on what QB gives us the best chance to win.

Well last year they had an open competition, so it wasn't just handed to CP. By ALL accounts, there was competition in name alone; he was just so much better than any of the other 3.

Does a HC really set himself up to be that much of a lightening-bolt as to demote the QB for even more criticism by benching the starter for 10 wins, before the next season even begins? Even if their respective performances had a bigger disparity, few veterans want to go into the season with an unproven QB unless the consensus was that he's the next big thing like Carson Palmer.

The way it unfolded, in a strange way, may have been the best way for the team...unless Clemens is Browning Nagle II.

Guys, let's stop the bull****. This has nothing to do, at least from my perspective, on Chad's arm strength or lack therof. It has everything to do with his ability to remain healthy.

Chad held plenty of promise. We all remember those highlight reels of Chad throwing deep to Randy Moss. We remember how he saved our season and Herm's ass in 2002, with inspired play, and we remember our hopes being destroyed in a preseason game vs. the Giants.

I love Chad, but he cannot stay healthy. Some of you know that I was born in Chicago and raised a Bears fan, so I speak from experience when I tell you I know how you feel. Mike Brown is a tremendous safety. He has all the tools, whether it be run stuffing or ball hawking, but the man's body has betrayed him again this season. Do I hate him? No, I feel sorry for him and for my team.

Enough of this. We saw the same from Jon Mgraw and there are plenty of other examples throughout sports. I hope Chad heals up, but we cannot depend on him. Chad's body has betrayed him time and again and we, as a team cannot afford to pin our hopes on him recovering and leading us to the promised land.

This is pointless, look, y'all are gonna keep up on Kellen, and for me, it isn't that way, y'all aren't the coach, y'all are just fans. Some of you heartless towards a guy who has done enough for you not to be running him out of here. THAT is the bottom line, but you will do what you want and reign Kellen king before he plays a game. I'm looking forward to Chad's return this year, you all know it is going to happen. Anyone who is saying it won't is in denial. Mangini, is in the second year as a head coach, he isn't gonna want to have a losing season if avoivable, and the only person we know for sure is going to get us WINS is Chad. With that I'm done until I know for SURE what is wrong with Chad and how long he will be out.

I think Chad will start on Sunday... and if the JETS start losing after the half by more than 10 he will bench himself to rest his ankle.... just my gut feeling

For some odd reason and despite the popular opinion I feel tthe same way.

Chad is the kind of guy who will play through the Pain. I am Chads biggest fan but i hope that he sits this one out or maybe like you said rest if things go wrong.

I just watched my bros tape from Baltimores game vs Pittsburgh last season, the one were they nearly killed Big Ben and to say the least, I am petrified as to what that D might do to Chad. That was a Pittsburgh Steeler O-line that they dominated that day, a line that is 10 times better than what we have.

If Im Mangini, play Clemens this sunday. Dont risk our season on this one game, a game that even with Chad we are unlikely to win IMO.

my whole thread isnt about a bad Chad,, I admire him, think he has great skills, think he can still win in league,,

I am just predicting, based on new regime, how high they drafted Clemens, and now another injury to to Chad,,

If Clemens shows any saavy, he wont be pulled,,they drafted him high for a reason,,not to sit behind Chad for 5 years,,

If he performs well, Chad only sees field if Clemens is injured or if Jets eliminated later in season and they want to showcase him for a possible draft day trade..

I agree with you're 1st sentence.Chad is a warrior with a big heart & a lot of smarts.

Chad does not have a strong enough arm or is he mobile enough in the pocket when you compare him to the elite q'backs in the league.

Our defense looks pretty sucky to me right now. It seems we have a good squad of 4-3 players but we're running a 3-4 defense.

couple this along with the likes of the pats being so good along with other teams in the afc looking very dominant and you have a recipe for the kellon clemons experiment.

Is he our franchise q'back???????????????????????????? lets find out.

This is pointless, look, y'all are gonna keep up on Kellen, and for me, it isn't that way, y'all aren't the coach, y'all are just fans. Some of you heartless towards a guy who has done enough for you not to be running him out of here. THAT is the bottom line, but you will do what you want and reign Kellen king before he plays a game. I'm looking forward to Chad's return this year, you all know it is going to happen. Anyone who is saying it won't is in denial. Mangini, is in the second year as a head coach, he isn't gonna want to have a losing season if avoivable, and the only person we know for sure is going to get us WINS is Chad. With that I'm done until I know for SURE what is wrong with Chad and how long he will be out.

The difference is no one has anointed Clemens as "king" anything. We'd just like to find out if we have a better QB as a backup than we did as a starter.

We know he's got a better arm. He's supposed to be smart. He'll have CP helping him on the sideline & in practice the way Vinnie did with CP. He deserves some time to see if he has "it" enough to warrant sticking with him & passing over other prospects & FA's. B/c lots of people don't want to see if a 32 year-old, rag-armed QB can try to make it through his 2nd full season next year.

The difference is no one has anointed Clemens as "king" anything. We'd just like to find out if we have a better QB as a backup than we did as a starter.

We know he's got a better arm. He's supposed to be smart. He'll have CP helping him on the sideline & in practice the way Vinnie did with CP. He deserves some time to see if he has "it" enough to warrant sticking with him & passing over other prospects & FA's. B/c lots of people don't want to see if a 32 year-old, rag-armed QB can try to make it through his 2nd full season next year.

How much do you think Herm would give up for Chad? :lol:

How much do you think Herm would give up for Chad? :lol:

Herm doesn't decide. Peterson decides. And I think nothing that would get you excited. Maybe a late-rounder if he won't restructure with a real pay cut.

This would be if Clemens looks like he'll be ok. Understand then, that everyone would know we're not keeping him as a backup for all those millions. Same situation as with Trent Green or Daunte Culpepper this past off-season. No one's giving up a day-one pick for a brittle player that's going to be released anyway.

Not unless they anticipate a line around the corner of teams who want him to be their starter; making a trade would prevent a bidding war & a late-round pick may be worth that.

If we're still going with Clemens by this off-season, what we do depends on Chad. He'll either take a pay cut or he won't. If he takes a pay cut, it would be well worth it for us to keep him around as a backup (lower cap hit than releasing him plus no new contract for another FA QB). As much of a "warrior" as people like to call him, this franchise has been good to Chad Pennington & made him a very wealthy man years before he ever played a full season as starter.

We're not there yet, Mrs. P. Let's see if Clemens isn't awful without a glimmer of hope for improvement yet.

That's a great question Sperm, but since Mangini isn't a moderator on this board (not that I'm aware of), why was he confident? I would hope he has more insight on what QB gives us the best chance to win.

That's the point our psuedo GM's can't grasp. Without them however there would be no need for message boards.

One thing we should all get behind is Kellen this w/end.

Whats the latest on Chads injury.I have mentally prepared myself for the worst but I still think theres a big possibily we will se him starting on Sunday.

I highly doubt it is a fracture, the guys tough but hes not stupid.

Worst scenario IMO he is out until the Bills game.

BTW, even if Kelly does play well he should walk straight back in as starter. Chad has done nothing this season to merit losing his spot to an unproven player who in his very little experience of regular season NFL, has far from impressed.

No only if your Chad... Kellen wouldnt have hurt his leg like that.... oh wait... he did in college... oh yeah... he must have noodle bones as well...

I think that's a very good point. Why do we have to draft all this brittle QBs? Cutler is a big strong guy, he doesn't look like he'd get injured easily. Russell also looks durable. But Clemens HAD an injury in college and isn't physically impressive in any way, why is this FO in love with undersized and physically challenged players? You look at NE's lines and they're huge. Of course we are going to get pushed around with our scrawny bunch of "finesse" players.

Just the ways of the real business world. The Jets cant trust the franchise to a oft injured guy. Clemens will get his shot and a 1 year audition.

Agreed. If Chad is not back in the lineup by the Giant game I believe that Kellen will take the reigns for the rest of the season and Chad will be traded or released in the offseason. However, as of now it looks like Chad could possibly play and start this Sunday so, we'll see.

Archived