If Chad out 4-6 weeks, he will never start again for Jets

SouthernJet

Just the ways of the real business world. The Jets cant trust the franchise to a oft injured guy. Clemens will get his shot and a 1 year audition.

Really. Every single injury can't be called a "fluke" every single time. He may have a lion's heart, but he's also got a noodle arm & chicken bones.

Not totally a matter of will. Some guys' bodies are just more brittle than others.

not a bad idea...how sweet would schaub look in green,,oh well, cant go back in time

I'm content in handing it off to KC, we drafted him for a reason. The good part about all this is that the season is not lost. It's week 2, our "QB of the future" is in, and will have plenty of games to prove his worth.

good luck KC, i hope you don't need it.

I'm content in handing it off to KC, we drafted him for a reason. The good part about all this is that the season is not lost. It's week 2, our "QB of the future" is in, and will have plenty of games to prove his worth.

good luck KC, i hope you don't need it.

Of course he's going to need it...any QB behind that line would need luck. We also drafted Schlegel for a reason too...and traded for Barlow and Jolley, and...:bag:

Really. Every single injury can't be called a "fluke" every single time. He may have a lion's heart, but he's also got a noodle arm & chicken bones.

Not totally a matter of will. Some guys' bodies are just more brittle than others.

I don't know if his bone's brittleness had anything to do with his most recent injury. It doesn't matter how strong your bones are, if your ankle gets twisted like that, you're gonna get injured.

Of course he's going to need it...any QB behind that line would need luck. We also drafted Schlegel for a reason too...and traded for Barlow and Jolley, and...:bag:

the FO has done good things too, mangold, cotch, rhodes. I still expect our 8-10 wins, lets not forget how good kellen looked in preseason (I don't care that it was against second teamers, the point is, he played well).

I don't know if his bone's brittleness had anything to do with his most recent injury. It doesn't matter how strong your bones are, if your ankle gets twisted like that, you're gonna get injured.

No only if your Chad... Kellen wouldnt have hurt his leg like that.... oh wait... he did in college... oh yeah... he must have noodle bones as well...

No only if your Chad... Kellen wouldnt have hurt his leg like that.... oh wait... he did in college... oh yeah... he must have noodle bones as well...

There is a difference between one injury (Clemens) as opposed to, oh, well:

2 Torn Rotator Cuffs

Broken Wrist

Now this

maybe his total lack of athleticism and mobility has something to do with his propensity for injury. chad's arm actually looked decent vs. the pats but his release is painfully slow. if he could move a little in the pocket or get rid of the ball quicker he would not take nearly the amount of hits. qb's that are statuesque in the pocket tend to get hurt. it has nothing to do with noodle bones.

2 Torn Rotator Cuffs

Broken Wrist

Now this

Kellen got hurt in college already... he has a head start... lol

IM just sayin... I hate when people call chad weak or brittle... especially his wrist and now this... there is nobody that would have taken either fall any better... Chad came in and scored a ****ing TD after hurting his ankle and people have the nerve to call him brittle...

You can say he has a weak arm - fine

You can say you dont think he is a good QB - fine

Call him brittle and you are now a fool with an agenda.

maybe his total lack of athleticism and mobility has something to do with his propensity for injury. chad's arm actually looked decent vs. the pats but his release is painfully slow. if he could move a little in the pocket or get rid of the ball quicker he would not take nearly the amount of hits. qb's that are statuesque in the pocket tend to get hurt. it has nothing to do with noodle bones.

He had ZERO protection... what did you want him to do? Pull a Mike vick? He scrambled a few times and should have gotten a 1st down on that one 9 yard run...

He also managed to scramble enough to go perfect on completions and score a TD WHILE INJURED...

Just the ways of the real business world. The Jets cant trust the franchise to a oft injured guy. Clemens will get his shot and a 1 year audition.

If it is a fracture, he's out 2-4 weeks (I know, that was me late January 2006). You have to keep the ankle stablized, so you can't move it for the 1st 2 weeks.

However, if Clements gets the start for that time frame, we could still see GANG GREEN get in a bid war for Brian Leftwich with the Giants...

Especially if Clements becomes a deer in the headlights!

He had ZERO protection... what did you want him to do? Pull a Mike vick? He scrambled a few times and should have gotten a 1st down on that one 9 yard run...

He also managed to scramble enough to go perfect on completions and score a TD WHILE INJURED...

ecurb - i understand that you love chadwick. i root for chadwick as well, i am just realistic when assessing his ability and his limitations. chadwick has shown that he is a good nfl qb when he has a strong line and running game. he is smart, makes good decisions, and can get the ball where it needs to go. the fact is that chad has had 5 years to prove that he can be the starting qb to take this team to the super bowl. he has gotten injured or been ineffective due to injury in 3 going on 4 of those seasons. at this point in time the organization needs to assess whether or not they think he can remain healthly and overcome his limitations on arm strength to commit to him for the future. otherwise, it is time to endure clemens growing pains and make a commitment to the future.

there is no doubt that chadwick is better than clemens right now. the problem facing the jets is that clemens won't get better without game experience. look at eli manning, leinart, cutler, and alex smith. they all struggled during their first 1-2 years starting, yet all of those organizations are better off now then they were before making the change. it's time to cut bait with chadwick and go in another direction.

2 Torn Rotator Cuffs

Broken Wrist

Now this

Kellen got hurt in college already... he has a head start... lol

IM just sayin... I hate when people call chad weak or brittle... especially his wrist and now this... there is nobody that would have taken either fall any better... Chad came in and scored a ****ing TD after hurting his ankle and people have the nerve to call him brittle...

You can say he has a weak arm - fine

You can say you dont think he is a good QB - fine

Call him brittle and you are now a fool with an agenda.

These are the same people who were calling on Clemens because of his preseason. If Clemens is this amazing, Montanaesque QB, there should be no reason why he doesn't play well the first week. After all last night, I was thinking about it. Chad didn't look bad at all till the ankle injury occured and then he looked even better. What amazes me is that, he came back out there after there were people running him out of town when he got hurt. I was thinking last night after just reliving the moment, Chad is not the reason why this team doesn't make it to the Super Bowl. It's not the "noodle arm". I think Chad could have got us there in the past. Without Brady and Belicheck in this LEAGUE, I think the Jets may HAVE WON another Super Bowl under Chad. I can't believe this but, I can say honestly as a Jet fan, until Brady/Belicheck are gone, we have almost no CHANCE of getting that oppurtunity. I think we have a better shot at it with Chad, noodle arm and all, then a 2nd year QB. Whether the Pats play fair or cheat, I don't think that makes a difference, because they just have it more together then almost every other team in the NFL. That being said, unless Clemens is this amazing QB, expect to see Chad back there, because he never gave anyone a reason to run him out of town with all the playoffs we have gone too, and he's got the heart of a lion, and plays to win every season. Without him this season, whatever chance you might have had to get into the playoffs is most likely out the window.

how did the following qb's do in their first season as a starter?

manning

elway

montana

aikman

thats only applicable iof it was 1st year in league or 1st year as starter,,manning for instance started as a rook,,clemens has a year in system under his belt,,apples oranges

It's not comparable! You are running someone out of town, because he didn't win you a superbowl, yet your willing to wait it out with a kid who isn't going to get u there in the near future either? And don't even compare Kellen to that status yet if you haven't seen him play as a starter in a real game yet, because just like everyone else, you don't know what you are getting. Come up with that at the end of the season if he pushes Chad off his seat (which I don't see happening at all this season), and the kid has a great season. Those guys you are talking about were some great QB's, you can't even say this kid is going where they have without seeing him in a real game situation as the starter.

Why do people think that we could ever go into a season with Chad as the starter and be confident in his ability to play the whole season? Because he's done it once?

I don't think the guy's a pussy or anything. Far, FAR from it. He's certainly got bigger balls than a moderator hacking away at his keyboard.

But he is not a reliable option, and it's not like he's without his considerable physical limitations when healthy.

You can't keep saying "ok season's over" every time his annual injury occurs. At some point, you have to find a more reliable option.

my whole thread isnt about a bad Chad,, I admire him, think he has great skills, think he can still win in league,,

I am just predicting, based on new regime, how high they drafted Clemens, and now another injury to to Chad,,

If Clemens shows any saavy, he wont be pulled,,they drafted him high for a reason,,not to sit behind Chad for 5 years,,

If he performs well, Chad only sees field if Clemens is injured or if Jets eliminated later in season and they want to showcase him for a possible draft day trade..

Why do people think that we could ever go into a season with Chad as the starter and be confident in his ability to play the whole season? Because he's done it once?

I don't think the guy's a pussy or anything. Far, FAR from it. He's certainly got bigger balls than a moderator hacking away at his keyboard.

But he is not a reliable option, and it's not like he's without his considerable physical limitations when healthy.

You can't keep saying "ok season's over" every time his annual injury occurs. At some point, you have to find a more reliable option.

That's a great question Sperm, but since Mangini isn't a moderator on this board (not that I'm aware of), why was he confident? I would hope he has more insight on what QB gives us the best chance to win.

I don't have anything to show me otherwise thus far. I DO believe in Chad, did I say he was going to have another full season? I would like for him to have had that but right now it doesn't look like it, I still know what Chad is capabale of, limitations and all. He's gotten the job done before, with those limitations. He can do it again. I have nothing that shows me he can't. I AM confident, injury and all, that if he is only out a short time, he can get this team to the playoffs again. I am confindent of that, even with how bad the lines have played. :Typotux:

thats only applicable iof it was 1st year in league or 1st year as starter,,manning for instance started as a rook,,clemens has a year in system under his belt,,apples oranges

montana sat behind steve deberg his first season. it took aikman a while to do anything. and payton manning's first 16 starts were brutal. clemens isn't going to go from holding a clipboard directly to canton. jet fans need reasonable expectations.

montana sat behind steve deberg his first season. it took aikman a while to do anything. and payton manning's first 16 starts were brutal. clemens isn't going to go from holding a clipboard directly to canton. jet fans need reasonable expectations.

dont forget Brady

Look, do you want an honest answer out of me, I would rather make the playoffs again, with Chad then watch him on the benching knowing he could have gotten us there. He has done it time and time again, I really remember the reason for getting Kellen was because no one knew if Chad was ever gonna play again. They got Kellen to become a starting QB under those circumstances. Chad IS your 2007 starter for a reason. Kellen is getting a start because of an injury to Chad that had nothing to do with how brittle his body is. He was twisted like a pretzel. And I, as a fan of this team, and not ready to let this season go by because we need to ween this kid into being the next Montana. Forget it, I'd rather make another playoff run. I'll back Kellen up while he is in there because I am a fan of this team. But Chad will be back out there when he is ready.

my whole thread isnt about a bad Chad,, I admire him, think he has great skills, think he can still win in league,,

I am just predicting, based on new regime, how high they drafted Clemens, and now another injury to to Chad,,

If Clemens shows any saavy, he wont be pulled,,they drafted him high for a reason,,not to sit behind Chad for 5 years,,

If he performs well, Chad only sees field if Clemens is injured or if Jets eliminated later in season and they want to showcase him for a possible draft day trade..

I love Chad, but completely agree with you.

Archived