Is there one Jet fan on this board?

lancemehl

That would be upset if Clemens went 20 for 25 300yds 2 TD 0 INT's (or something else that would be considered a good game)?

Because, if so, then that's not Football. That's a love affair with a player. That's jealousy.

You root for the backup as hard as you root for the starter. Did you NOT root for Pat Ryan. I did. Everytime he threw one of those balloon up there I was up cheering for Wesley to pull it down! (Talk about Pennington's arm, you must not have seen Pat Ryan.lol)

Like I've said, Chad is #2 in QB rating with 130*(that's sick),76%(also sick), limped down and got a "must have" TD.

Don't worry, guys, Chad is fine. He's not going anywhere.

I'm actually excited to get a glimpse into the future. Even if it's future trade bait for a lineman.

* no prior knowledge of Bltzes through video technology.

I love Pennington. But people need to know, as long as Pennington is out starter, we will NEVER win a SB. We don't have the defense to help him out, if we were to make a run. Clemens is the future of this franchise, like it or not.

BULL****!!

IMO this franchise is stopping Chad from winning a SB, not the other way round.

That would be upset if Clemens went 20 for 25 300yds 2 TD 0 INT's (or something else that would be considered a good game)?

Because, if so, then that's not Football. That's a love affair with a player. That's jealousy.

You root for the backup as hard as you root for the starter. Did you NOT root for Pat Ryan. I did. Everytime he threw one of those balloon up there I was up cheering for Wesley to pull it down! (Talk about Pennington's arm, you must not have seen Pat Ryan.lol)

Like I've said, Chad is #2 in QB rating with 130*(that's sick),76%(also sick), limped down and got a "must have" TD.

I'm actually excited to get a glimpse into the future. Even if it's future trade bait for a lineman.

I hope to God Kellen does well,I just know that he wont.

I'd love it if he proved me wrong though.

I love Pennington. But people need to know, as long as Pennington is out starter, we will NEVER win a SB. We don't have the defense to help him out, if we were to make a run. Clemens is the future of this franchise, like it or not.

I agree with almost all of what you wrote, and have been saying it for a long time. We don't know what to expect from Clemens. But, I could care less who are QB is and how many yards he gets as long as he wins games, wins a superbowl, doesn't kill dogs, beat women, use steroids, illegal drugs, carry automatic weapons around, and doesn't video tape the def. coaches hand signals.

I agree with almost all of what you wrote, and have been saying it for a long time. We don't know what to expect from Clemens. But, I could care less who are QB is and how many yards he gets as long as he wins games, wins a superbowl, doesn't kill dogs, beat women, use steroids, illegal drugs, carry automatic weapons around, and doesn't video tape the def. coaches hand signals.

Its fans like you and Ghost that make me want Chad to go find another team and prove you idiots wrong.

Chad Pennington is not in any way shape or form the problem with this team. Nor has he evr been. Chad is very good QB on a below average team. It is that simple.

Its fans like you and Ghost that make me want Chad to go find another team and prove you idiots wrong.

Chad Pennington is not in any way shape or form the problem with this team. Nor has he evr been. Chad is very good QB on a below average team. It is that simple.

He carved up a Pats defence with very limited help from the O-line, the defence or a running game.

Chad IMHO is preventing this team from falling apart.

I'm psyched to see what KC's got. I'd be ecstatic if he can come in and start making things happen, especially against a good D like the Ravens.

why do I have to be an idiot to disagree with you. I like Chad, I just don't think he has what it takes to win a superbowl by himself. Which is what ghost wrote. I liken him to a trent dilfer. If we had a dominate o and d line, with a lt like rb and a good te we would be a contender for the superbowl. chad can manage a game with the best of them, but that alone won't win us a superbowl. He has the heart of any of the best QB's, but that won't win us a superbowl. What we need is someone with all of these qualities plus a good arm and that is mobile. WE had a chance to draft that with Cutler and passed and I'm not whining about what we could of have, because these years draft will have some very good QB's in it. Just my opinion.

why do I have to be an idiot to disagree with you. I like Chad, I just don't think he has what it takes to win a superbowl by himself. Which is what ghost wrote. I liken him to a trent dilfer. If we had a dominate o and d line, with a lt like rb and a good te we would be a contender for the superbowl. chad can manage a game with the best of them, but that alone won't win us a superbowl. He has the heart of any of the best QB's, but that won't win us a superbowl. What we need is someone with all of these qualities plus a good arm and that is mobile. WE had a chance to draft that with Cutler and passed and I'm not whining about what we could of have, because these years draft will have some very good QB's in it. Just my opinion.

Peyton manning or Tom Brady could not win a SB with the weapons Chad has on this team, no one could.

Peyton manning or Tom Brady could not win a SB with the weapons Chad has on this team, no one could.

Brady can, he'd just steal the signals.

Right now, I don't think this Jets team has the talent. However, they have had it in the past, with CuMart at RB, a top 5 O-line and a top 5 D a few years back. The season before last is when it really fell apart, and last season there wasn't enough talent either obviously.

But regardless, if someone disagrees with you, please refrain from personal attacks, thanks.

How did Chad do vs the Raiders and Steelers in the playoffs?

Thought so.

vs Raiders - First year starter, did great to take us as far as he did.

vs Steelers - Playing hurt, still helped us get into position to kick 2 game winning FG's

Last week vs The Pats (SB favourites) - Our best player by a country mile, no help AT ALL!!

Has proven he can get in done vs top tier teams. Imagine what he could do with the like of Baltimore, Chicago, Pittsburgh etc.

I'm the biggest Chad fan around but I hope Kellen Clemens plays so good tomorrow that he takes Chad's job and we end up with Pennington as a back-up all the way to then SB...do I think that'll happen? no...I suspect we'll see Chad sometime tomorrow in the 1st half

vs Raiders - First year starter, did great to take us as far as he did.

vs Steelers - Playing hurt, still helped us get into position to kick 2 game winning FG's

Last week vs The Pats (SB favourites) - Our best player by a country mile, no help AT ALL!!

Has proven he can get in done vs top tier teams. Imagine what he could do with the like of Baltimore, Chicago, Pittsburgh etc.

Translation: He sh*t the bed in both games but I am making excuses for him.

Gotcha.

And saying he was our best player vs the pats isnt saying much. Its like saying he's the slimmest obese kid at fat camp. He's still a fata##.

And he's never proven he can beat the elite teams. If he could, he wouldnt have a 7-17 record vs winning teams or a 7-16 record vs top 10 defenses.

BULL****!!

IMO this franchise is stopping Chad from winning a SB, not the other way round.

I'll be the first one to tell you that Pennington is much better than Grossman, Dilfer, and Johnson. But one problem, what did they have that we don't have now ?

Come on, this is obvious.

That's my point Genius.

The Pats and Colts could be added to that list as well as others.

Stop getting smart. Why don't you answer this, the Colts have more weapons than we ever did, and they have a pretty good QB if you didn't realize it, his name ? Peyton Manning. I don't understand what your trying to prove ? Face the facts.

Stop getting smart. Why don't you answer this, the Colts have more weapons than we ever did, and they have a pretty good QB if you didn't realize it, his name ? Peyton Manning. I don't understand what your trying to prove ? Face the facts.

Too bad you were not around to see the Ken O'Brien Jets.;)

I think most people on this site could care less who leads this team to a superbowl win, as long as we win. I am glad that Clemens is starting for one reason. It's to see what we have in him. Clemens will be playing against a top 5 d in the league. This doesn't mean I'm glad chad went down.

Some people just don't understand that.

I lived in Tampa for a long time. I have watched them trade away so many good players because they were a losing team and when you are losing you do not get the luxury of letting players develop. If they are not producing right now then you trade them and more often then not bring in some past his prime guy that was once a big name to sell tickets.

Odds are we will be a weaker team with Clemens in there for a while as he gets experiance. To me wanting to start him now unles Chad is hurt is in a way wasting the season and even more so if KC shows that he is not going to be the one.

If defenses can really shut us down that bad because we have Chad back there then we will be out of the play off race by mid season and I will be more then happy to see Clemens then to see what he has.

I lived in Tampa for a long time. I have watched them trade away so many good players because they were a losing team and when you are losing you do not get the luxury of letting players develop. If they are not producing right now then you trade them and more often then not bring in some past his prime guy that was once a big name to sell tickets.

Odds are we will be a weaker team with Clemens in there for a while as he gets experiance. To me wanting to start him now unles Chad is hurt is in a way wasting the season and even more so if KC shows that he is not going to be the one.

If defenses can really shut us down that bad because we have Chad back there then we will be out of the play off race by mid season and I will be more then happy to see Clemens then to see what he has.

I agree. If Chad isn't hurt he needs to start. But since he is, it's good to see what Clemens has. Without seeing what Clemens has, I think Chad gives us the best chance to win. I just don't think he can win a superbowl.

Too bad you were not around to see the Ken O'Brien Jets.;)

I was around. O'Brien was victimized by the "In the grasp" rule because they considered him not a mobile QB. I admit, he was no John Elway, but he did exceptionally well playing for the most part behind a swiss cheese line. Head to head, O'Brien would match up against the best of them. Today the QB can shake off a defender. When O'Brien played he'd be called "In the grasp" (sacked) if a defender breathed on him. I'll never forget the Sunday afternoon when Kenny and Marino went at it and O'Brien won the game for us 51-45. There are other games too, but that one is a real standout. Reading about it is nice, but to have memories is the best. We always seem to be a player away, a game away, a coach away. Always something eludes us. I don't have too many years left to watch the Jets so naturally I hope they get another ring before I go on my last journey. But unlike many of the Jets Fans out there, I remember Superbowl lll. I was down in Florida at game time with my Father and his friends. They went to the game but a few of us didn't have a ticket. It was still a thrill though and the parties after the game were experiences I'll never forget. -- Go Jets --

Archived