Ferguson vs J.Taylor

DefenseWinsChampionships

D'Brickashaw Ferguson is far from a bust... A matter of fact, this is his 2nd season after starting all 16 games for us as a rookie last season... Today, Going up against one of the best DE's to ever play the game in J.Taylor who is still playing at a high level... Today... Today Ferguson will show us Jet fans that Mangini actually drafted a franchise LT.

Growing pains... Yea last season he made some rookie mistakes, and this year we can all see that he's still in his sophmore season in the NFL... As an athlete, what dont kill you... Only makes you stronger... Brick will become a great LT for this Jets team for years to come... I have a feeling he proves it today at 1:00 all the way till 4:00

D'Brickashaw Ferguson is far from a bust... A matter of fact, this is his 2nd season after starting all 16 games for us as a rookie last season... Today, Going up against one of the best DE's to ever play the game in J.Taylor who is still playing at a high level... Today... Today Ferguson will show us Jet fans that Mangini actually drafted a franchise LT.

Growing pains... Yea last season he made some rookie mistakes, and this year we can all see that he's still in his sophmore season in the NFL... As an athlete, what dont kill you... Only makes you stronger... Brick will become a great LT for this Jets team for years to come... I have a feeling he proves it today at 1:00 all the way till 4:00

He's not a bust DWC, but he's not far from a bust, did you see El Matador let your QB miss a game.

He's not a bust DWC, but he's not far from a bust, did you see El Matador let your QB miss a game.

lol

lancemehl & I may not agree on a whole lot, but this is one of the things we do.

D'Brick is starting every game for the following reasons only:

1) we drafted him 4th in the country

2) we gave him $18M in bonus money

3) there is no one else on the roster any better. Given the Jets' OL depth, that isn't saying much.

Truthfully, he may not even be better at this point than Adrian Jones would have been if we stuck with him at left tackle (for what would be his 3rd season as starter by now). And yes, I know how bad Adrian Jones is.

lol

lancemehl & I may not agree on a whole lot, but this is one of the things we do.

D'Brick is starting every game for the following reasons only:

1) we drafted him 4th in the country

2) we gave him $18M in bonus money

3) there is no one else on the roster any better. Given the Jets' OL depth, that isn't saying much.

Truthfully, he may not even be better at this point than Adrian Jones would have been if we stuck with him at left tackle (for what would be his 3rd season as starter by now). And yes, I know how bad Adrian Jones is.

IMO he matches up well vs Jason Taylor as he is a finnesse rusher. Brick struggles IMO mainly vs Power linemen.

IMO he matches up well vs Jason Taylor as he is a finnesse rusher. Brick struggles IMO mainly vs Power linemen.

Gotta agree with Sperm and LM, he's struggled against everyone - big and/or fast. I think he was drafted to handle the likes of Taylor so today would be a good day for him to play well and protect his QB. Its still too much to ask for him to open a seam in the running game ... I'll settle for a sackless Taylor.

Don't make it sound like D'Brick has single-handedly dominated Jason Taylor.

Taylor didn't have any sacks last year against the Jets. I'm not sitting here with logs of game-tape, but I doubt they threw D'Brick out at Taylor with no help all game long for two games. The 2nd game, if I remember, was in crappy weather so I wouldn't expect Taylor to be a factor due to crappy traction. So now you're down to one game anyway. If one is going to start isolating single games as evidence of greatness or suckiness, Ferguson's detractors will have a lot more ammo than his greatest fans.

Don't get me wrong. I want - very BADLY - for this guy to turn his game around. He's our left tackle for a while & no one wants to have to find another one. I hope he develops into what we dreamed he would be: a franchise left tackle that doesn't need other non-linemen to help rescue, and at least an average run-blocker. So far he is neither.

Don't make it sound like D'Brick has single-handedly dominated Jason Taylor.

Taylor didn't have any sacks last year against the Jets. I'm not sitting here with logs of game-tape, but I doubt they threw D'Brick out at Taylor with no help all game long for two games. The 2nd game, if I remember, was in crappy weather so I wouldn't expect Taylor to be a factor due to crappy traction. So now you're down to one game anyway. If one is going to start isolating single games as evidence of greatness or suckiness, Ferguson's detractors will have a lot more ammo than his greatest fans.

Don't get me wrong. I want - very BADLY - for this guy to turn his game around. He's our left tackle for a while & no one wants to have to find another one. I hope he develops into what we dreamed he would be: a franchise left tackle that doesn't need other non-linemen to help rescue, and at least an average run-blocker. So far he is neither.

Incredibly, I think you are being too kind. Didn't Taylor have two sacks in one game last year v Ferguson? Anyway, stats or not, Taylor has not been handled by Ferguson, that's for sure.

Incredibly, I think you are being too kind. Didn't Taylor have two sacks in one game last year v Ferguson? Anyway, stats or not, Taylor has not been handled by Ferguson, that's for sure.

I simply don't remember the individual matchup between these two; don't have "tape" to look up & didn't feel like checking the nfl.com logs. I was relying on information from people drinking the D'Brick-ade.

*edit* - ok, now I looked it up.

2006 week 6: Taylor had 1.0 sacks, 4 solo tackles, 3 assisted tackles

2007 week 16: Taylor had 1.0 sacks, 3 solo tackles, 0 assisted tackles (in the rain)

On the season, Taylor had 13.5 sacks, 41 solo tackles, 21 assisted tackles

So in 2 games (12.5% of the season), Taylor had:

2 of his 13.5 sacks (14.8%)

7 of his 41 solo tackles (17%)

3 of his 21 asst tackles (14%)

On paper, Taylor had a better game statistically than he did against the average non-Jets opponent.

To be fair though, Taylor was a premiere player & D'Brick was a rookie. Taylor may not have beaten D'Brick like a drum (as he did against Adrian Jones), but certainly the idea that D'Brick somehow dominated Taylor is nonsense.

I simply don't remember the individual matchup between these two; don't have "tape" to look up & didn't feel like checking the nfl.com logs. I was relying on information from people drinking the D'Brick-ade.

*edit* - ok, now I looked it up.

2006 week 6: Taylor had 1.0 sacks, 4 solo tackles, 3 assisted tackles

2007 week 16: Taylor had 1.0 sacks, 3 solo tackles, 0 assisted tackles (in the rain)

On the season, Taylor had 13.5 sacks, 41 solo tackles, 21 assisted tackles

So in 2 games (12.5% of the season), Taylor had:

2 of his 13.5 sacks (14.8%)

7 of his 41 solo tackles (17%)

3 of his 21 asst tackles (14%)

On paper, Taylor had a better game statistically than he did against the average non-Jets opponent.

To be fair though, Taylor was a premiere player & D'Brick was a rookie. Taylor may not have beaten D'Brick like a drum (as he did against Adrian Jones), but certainly the idea that D'Brick somehow dominated Taylor is nonsense.

Sperm, great post and I'm saying that AFTER Brick had a decent game against JT,but I just love a guy that does his homework and makes this forum credible at least.

Or say, I don't know but,......

Not like that guy with the Chad vs. Ravens stuff just throwing phony facts around to help his warped opinion.

Brick is NOT the LT we though we were getting at #4, BUT what I'm more ticked over is to go 4- Brick,then 29-Gold and then don't give pocket money to their glue,their mentor,their LG with nothing but a 6th rounder from Bartending school and a 7th to replace him.

That's the travesty.

But,let's fae it, Brick is not Orlando Pace or Steve Hutchinson or Richmond Webb, ya know what I mean?

It was an okay day for D'Brick vs. Taylor. Want to see what he does against Schobel next week, a guy whod doens't get a lot fo ink, but ate him alive last year.

It was more than just an "OK" day for Brick... He had J.Taylor running on E.

But I tell myself everyweek that Brick has to improve and show me something.

I dont know about everyone else, but Brick showed me something today. And next week... He needs to show me he has improved from his rookie season... And actually shut down Schobel

Archived