LT

Blackout

So you are saying he sucks as a HC?

Not at all. I just think that like BB he needs to be surrounded by the right people. Ted Cotrell and the other idiots on his staff are hardly worth employing to flip burgers. This is perhaps the worst staff ever. Turner is a good coach though. He just always gets stuck in these no win situations.

Not at all. I just think that like BB he needs to be surrounded by the right people. Ted Cotrell and the other idiots on his staff are hardly worth employing to flip burgers. This is perhaps the worst staff ever. Turner is a good coach though. He just always gets stuck in these no win situations.

Norv has had plenty of chances as a HC. The guy should be an OC. Thats it.

Quite frankly..LT needs to stop being a bitch.

It was OK when he was critical of the *Pats after the playoff game..but now he is chewing out his young QB on the sideline during the game.

Shut the **** up and play..and if you can't run because you suck then don't blame the QB.

Quite frankly..LT needs to stop being a bitch.

It was OK when he was critical of the *Pats after the playoff game..but now he is chewing out his young QB on the sideline during the game.

Shut the **** up and play..and if you can't run because you suck then don't blame the QB.

the chargers will regret the day they let drew brees go and took Rex Grossman part 2

Norv has had plenty of chances as a HC. The guy should be an OC. Thats it.

It's the exact same thing as ray rhodes. He is a good DC, but as a head coach he loses total control. I have a lot of respect for rhodes, he has turned down HCing gigs so that he can remain successful at being a DC.

Coaches have to know their places on a team. Turner should not have taken this job, he is setting himself up to fail.

defense wins championships. :D hence why cincy will never get the superbowl even with their amazing offense and teams like the bears could make it and never finish because their qb couldnt throw a good game for his life. (They were showing Grossmans stats on NFL network and i think it was something like 25 turnovers in the last 16 games, including playoffs- 6 fumbles and 19 int's or something similar)

So, now taking over the most talented team in the NFL is a no win situation? I couldn't think of a team I'd rather coach.

LT = most over-rated RB in the game

i can think of 5 guys i'd rather have at RB

I'm waiting for an answer.

I'm waiting for an answer.

I'm waiting to hear if Thomas Jones is on that list!

I don't understad where all this talk of the Chargers having so much talent comes from. Rivers had the worst QB rating of any QB in the league over the last 6 games of last year. In other words once defenses got used to him the figured out how to stop him. Gates, Merriman and Tomlinson are great - but that is it with this team.

I don't understad where all this talk of the Chargers having so much talent comes from. Rivers had the worst QB rating of any QB in the league over the last 6 games of last year. In other words once defenses got used to him the figured out how to stop him. Gates, Merriman and Tomlinson are great - but that is it with this team.

That's why they lost only two games and NE needed an absolute miracle to beat them? Name three teams with more talent. IMO you can argue that Indy and the Pats are better, but nobody else is really close.

If these are your standards I'd expect you to write a five page thesis explaining why I should pity poor Herm being thrust into this horrible situation with KC.

That's why they lost only two games and NE needed an absolute miracle to beat them? Name three teams with more talent. IMO you can argue that Indy and the Pats are better, but nobody else is really close.

If these are your standards I'd expect you to write a five page thesis explaining why I should pity poor Herm being thrust into this horrible situation with KC.

Cinci

Denver

Pittsburgh

All have more talent in the AFC alone without even trying to look. SD's WR's suck and their OL is overrated. They matched up well with NE last season as their OL can run block and their TE can take advantage of the slow LB's on NE. Also NE had good route running WR's with no talent while the Chargers have very little secondary to speak of anyway. Simply they match up well with NE. Funny you bring up Herm because I believe SD was so successful under Marty because of the samne type of offensive philosophy. Again the TE, LB and RB are talented - but not much else. SD's DL also played well last year - but they are struggling this season. Which is also not Norv's fault.

Cinci

Denver

Pittsburgh

All have more talent in the AFC alone without even trying to look. SD's WR's suck and their OL is overrated. They matched up well with NE last season as their OL can run block and their TE can take advantage of the slow LB's on NE. Also NE had good route running WR's with no talent while the Chargers have very little secondary to speak of anyway. Simply they match up well with NE. Funny you bring up Herm because I believe SD was so successful under Marty because of the samne type of offensive philosophy. Again the TE, LB and RB are talented - but not much else. SD's DL also played well last year - but they are struggling this season. Which is also not Norv's fault.

We could argue about them, but how many new coaches take over the 6th best team in the conference? I'm sure we agree the NFC is weaker so even if I take your word for them not being talented, you'd probably rate them top 10 in the league. How many coaches take over a top 10 team?

By picking Denver I assume you feel Rivers sucks, but Cutler is the second coming?

In any rate, this is far from taking over the Jets after '05 or the Raiders this year and I don't see why I should feel sorry for Norv. IMO, they got smacked by NE and it will take a week or two for them to right the ship. If they don't I blame Norv because it won't be from any talent deficit.

We could argue about them, but how many new coaches take over the 6th best team in the conference? I'm sure we agree the NFC is weaker so even if I take your word for them not being talented, you'd probably rate them top 10 in the league. How many coaches take over a top 10 team?

By picking Denver I assume you feel Rivers sucks, but Cutler is the second coming?

In any rate, this is far from taking over the Jets after '05 or the Raiders this year and I don't see why I should feel sorry for Norv. IMO, they got smacked by NE and it will take a week or two for them to right the ship. If they don't I blame Norv because it won't be from any talent deficit.

I never really felt this team was a top 10 team talent wise especially with Rivers at QB. And I feel there are still more teams in the AFC and NFC with more talent than SD has. SD's problem is that their QB is bad, very bad. Marty's system of leaning the whole offense almost entirely on LT masked this fact. Norv is now trying to make him throw the ball and it is failing. That plus the defense under fat teddy is the reason they are losing. Neither of these things can you blame on Norv. He has an unproven WR and a QB who hasn't proven a thing yet. I'm sure Norv can line up and run it or throw a screan pass to LT 40 times a game like last season but he is trying to improve the team and in order to do that he must lay off relying on LT so heavily.

I never really felt this team was a top 10 team talent wise especially with Rivers at QB. And I feel there are still more teams in the AFC and NFC with more talent than SD has. SD's problem is that their QB is bad, very bad. Norv's system of leaning the whole offense almost entirely on LT masked this fact. Norv is now trying to make him throw the ball and it is failing. That plus the defense under fat teddy is the reason they are losing. Neither of these things can you blame on Norv. He has an unproven WR and a QB who hasn't proven a thing yet. I'm sure Norv can line up and run it or throw a screan pass to LT 40 times a game like last season but he is trying to improve the team and in order to do that he must lay off relying on LT so heavily.

Maybe true, but the offense worked last year. If it wasn't broke why is the "offensive genius" fixing it? If relying LT goes 14-2, I can certainly blame him for going away from LT and losing. If Ted Cottrell is the reason they are losing? I'm not sure if Norv had any input in that decision. He should have, but that whole deal was odd last year. I certainly understand why head coaches demand authority before taking the job. Getting stuck with a ****ty coordinator is number one on the list.

Maybe true, but the offense worked last year. If it wasn't broke why is the "offensive genius" fixing it? If relying LT goes 14-2, I can certainly blame him for going away from LT and losing. If Ted Cottrell is the reason they are losing? I'm not sure if Norv had any input in that decision. He should have, but that whole deal was odd last year. I certainly understand why head coaches demand authority before taking the job. Getting stuck with a ****ty coordinator is number one on the list.

I hear what you are saying and Norv does deserve some crtisism even if for just not demanding better assistant to begin with. But as far as the 14-2 mark goes Marty was famous for doing this with the chiefs and browns. If you put together a great running game you can win in the regular season in this league. But you will be exposed by the better teams in the playoffs.

Archived