****Sucks to be a Mess fan****

PFSIKH

While, I was not fully aware of the Sox choke job in 78, I was there for the epic meltdown in 1986.

I feel your pain Mess fans and BTW...the pain never goes away. I still can't stand to see that soft dribbler towards Buckner.

This is an everlasting but kick that never goes away.

Blosux fans shouldn't be throwing stones. You had a 14.5 lead , and barely hung on. That would've been an even worst collapse.

Debatable.

The Sox big lead happened when they were playing .700 ball. Seeing only a handful of teams have ever played that level for an entire season, it was only natural for their margin to shrink. Plus, they were 10 games over .500 since that big lead. Got to give the Yanks some credit.

A 7 game lead with 17 games to go though? They play .500 and can rest their regulars this weekend. Plus, they blew it against crappy teams.

Dear Tom,

Please take your 300 wins, 70 mph fastball and overrated career and go back to Atlanta. PLEASE!! You have always been and always will be a Brave. You have had 2 of the worst pitched games I've ever seen for a 300 game winner, in the 2 biggest spots of your Mets career. You got rocked by the powerhouse lineups of the Washington Nationals & Florida Marlins. Good bye Tommy...and I know, I'm sure you will go 4-0 against the Mets next year!

Toon88

This was just the icing on the cake. This team folded down the stretch like no other team ever has in my lifetime. They have serious, serious flaws in all aspects of the game. This has turned into the worst season I've ever experienced in my 30 years of following them.

The only thing that can make this season any worse...is the Yankees winning another World Series....and I think more and more every day that it will happen. :dohslap:

Dear Tom,

Please take your 300 wins, 70 mph fastball and overrated career and go back to Atlanta. PLEASE!! You have always been and always will be a Brave. You have had 2 of the worst pitched games I've ever seen for a 300 game winner, in the 2 biggest spots of your Mets career. You got rocked by the powerhouse lineups of the Washington Nationals & Florida Marlins. Good bye Tommy...and I know, I'm sure you will go 4-0 against the Mets next year!

Toon88

This was just the icing on the cake. This team folded down the stretch like no other team ever has in my lifetime. They have serious, serious flaws in all aspects of the game. This has turned into the worst season I've ever experienced in my 30 years of following them.

The only thing that can make this season any worse...is the Yankees winning another World Series....and I think more and more every day that it will happen. :dohslap:

I think a Yankees-Phillies World Series is a Mets fans worst nightmare right now. And at this point, I don't know who I'd rather see win if that were the case.

Go Cubs.

Debatable.

The Sox big lead happened when they were playing .700 ball. Seeing only a handful of teams have ever played that level for an entire season, it was only natural for their margin to shrink. Plus, they were 10 games over .500 since that big lead. Got to give the Yanks some credit.

A 7 game lead with 17 games to go though? They play .500 and can rest their regulars this weekend. Plus, they blew it against crappy teams.

Come on PF, the Sox are the biggest choke organization in sports...if it wasn't for the Yanks doing the choking for you in '04, you'd be looking at '07 for that mystical escaping ws win...and you can take this to the bank, your Sox ain't winning this year.

For some reason, this rolls off me like water off a duck. You shrug it off like a dog flicking a flea.

I long ago lost the abilty to let sports get me down. Call it a huge callous over my heart that is hardened by almost each Met and Jet season.

it no longer brings pain, it longer causes gnashing of teeth.

I shrug and move on.

Kinda sad, isn't it. Something has died within me. Som spark has been extinguished.

Well according to Jesus, "gnashing of teeth" is really only reserved for Hell.

Good to see it hasn't bothered you. I was pretty pissed off all week because I had conceded that the Mets weren't going anywhere even if they DID make the playoffs. As for the Jets, however, the loss today was really angering.

Both events in combination have left me pretty much inconsolable.

Good to see it hasn't bothered you. I was pretty pissed off all week because I had conceded that the Mets weren't going anywhere even if they DID make the playoffs. As for the Jets, however, the loss today was really angering.

Unfortunatley, JF80 it is what age does to you.

I did not get to watch the baseball games, as I was coaching my son's team in Fall Ball.

Years ago, I would have skipped my own wedding to watch sports on this kind of day. Everything would have taken a back seat I would have been the one crushed.

Life has a way of changing your prioriteies. You look at the madmikes of the world and chuckle a little, and rattle the chains of the child in the cage.

But, nore than anything prioriyies have a funny way of changing things. Please, if you can prevauil, don't let it happen. Too late for me.

Go rub one out. You should feel much better. :P

While, I was not fully aware of the Sox choke job in 78, I was there for the epic meltdown in 1986.

I feel your pain Mess fans and BTW...the pain never goes away. I still can't stand to see that soft dribbler towards Buckner.

This is an everlasting but kick that never goes away.

LOL....I understand the Mets-Yanks fan rivalry and giving each other a hard time....same for the Yanks -Sox but you really have to have a inferiority complex and be a redneck troll to feel you as a RedSox fan and with no rivalry with Mets fans have to start this thread and use a slang name for the Mets to boot.

Any respect I had for your redneck a$$ just went out the window.

For some reason, this rolls off me like water off a duck. You shrug it off like a dog flicking a flea.

I long ago lost the abilty to let sports get me down. Call it a huge callous over my heart that is hardened by almost each Met and Jet season.

I shrug and move on.

Kinda sad, isn't it. Something has died within me. Som spark has been extinguished.

I spent an hour listening to Chris Russo and he talked alot about how only the fans and maybe the GM and/or the coaches give a crap, but the players don't.

There is alot of truth to that.

I agree with your sentiments about something dying within. But in this particular case, the writing was on the wall a few weeks ago.

I think we saw this coming.

On a happier note, it was really nice to see Joe Smith get some garbage time today.

What a joke.

I think we've all felt , in the last month, that were not going far into the post season. We needed another solid started (Hudson for example) going into the season. Certainly at the trade deadine it was obvious that the pitching staff needed help. Help never did come and for that you have to look right at Omar. Omar are you listening?

Archived