Who gagged the most in MLB history?

PFSIKH

Who is the biggest choker?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who is the biggest choker?

• 78 Sox: 14.5 game lead with 70-80 games left.
    • 86 Sox: 3-2 lead in games and 5-3 lead with 2 outs in the 10th
    • 04 Yanks: 3-0 lead in series; 2 late lead in games 4 and 5 with the G.O.A.T. Closer into finish
    • 07 Mets: 7 game lead with 17 games to go; several blown leads; 1-6 record against non contenders

I don't even think it's possible to reply to this post if you are a fan of any of these teams. Lets face it. All of our teams have had moments that are just downright embarassing. I honestly feel that an objective/honest analysis of each team can make three of the four choke jobs appear to be the worst of all time (IMO '86 sox was bad but not "worst") It's just impossible to determine and it's really all a matter of opinion that will be swayed by which team you like/hate the most. Either way, tough day for Mets fans and there are some of you that I honstly feel for. Fix that 'pen, get a young starter and you're on your way. JMO of course.

The 07 Mets. They were all about but in there and couldnt win. Their pen melted down, against non contending teams and good teams.

The 04 Yanks was in the playoffs. Yes we were right there, but its the playoffs and against top teams. Yes it is a major choke job, but the worst of all time...No.

I don't know if you can throw in a playoff feat compared with a regular season feat but even so I am going to have to go with the 2007 New York Mess.

Of course you would, as would most, because everyone has a short-term memory.

But as Thor mentioned, the 1964 Phillies stand alone. 6.5 game lead with 12 to play, blown to the Cardinals, who went on to win the World Series that year.

Of course you would, as would most, because everyone has a short-term memory.

But as Thor mentioned, the 1964 Phillies stand alone. 6.5 game lead with 12 to play, blown to the Cardinals, who went on to win the World Series that year.

Actually, it is my poll and as I mentioned the terms were limited to our three teams. Unless, a strong Philly contingent starts to frequent the board. ;)

Actually, it is my poll and as I mentioned the terms were limited to our three teams. Unless, a strong Philly contingent starts to frequent the board. ;)

It's your poll, but you asked "who gagged most in MLB history?" not "which of these teams gagged the most?"

My answer remains the 1964 Phillies. Though, of course, they exorcised a lot of deamons yesterday.

1) 1986 Red Sox: When you are 1 out away from winning the World Series and you blow it and then go out grab a lead in game 7 and blow that that is the all time winnner.

2) 2004 Yankees: Blowing a 3-0 lead in an ALCS and in the process blowing an opportunity to go the World Series is just ridiculous.

3) 2007 Mets: If you want to put them side by side with the 64 Phillies be my guest. They didn't blow the World Series or blow a shot at the World Series. They collpased. They were immature, they didn't have a clue what to do to snap out of it and the toughest part is is that if guys like Reyes and Millidge don't grow up real fast then this is going to linger around alot longer than it should.

Archived