Why is it TJs faults?

4HCrew

The rb is only as good as the line in front of him which at this point is mediocre at best..combine that with conservative play calling and a qb who cannot make a deep throw it does not matter who is running back there....looking for a place to point the blame start at the top with Tannenbaum and work your way to the coaching staff

I agree I do not see all the blame on Jones- the offensive line has to open some holes and move the line of scrimmage.

The play callking is now very predictable. Even Leon with all his speed can not get a decent run going. BRICK is atrocious as a run blocker and we knew it when we drafted him. BMOORE is too small at ROG and Clarke is inexperienced but improving! AC id toast in the run game! Smoke and mirrors are what we do best! And look at the masses who wanted only a MANGREENI-TYPE for our OL and urged that we not draft an OG like GRUBBS high, etc. GRUBBS has solidified the Ravens OL. 3 rookies are starting and winning! YOU get what you pay for. While Mangreeni looks for bargins, Rome is burning! Faneca, Starks, Smiley are all OLMEN we could do well with and putting the guy with an arm at QB would help greatly too!

If the RB is only as good as the OL (which I agree with), what the hell purpose is there in giving one a contract with $12M up front?

Not every RB who is doing well is a "special" talent of any kind. Is Chester Taylor anything special? He had very Thomas-Jones-like, "feature back" #'s last year on a team with no passing game whatsoever.

Reuben Droughns couldn't get on the field with the #1 RB injured for a month & this is the same player that got over 1200 yds on Denver two seasons ago.

I know he's fast as all hell, but who the hell was Willie Parker before he got behind Pittsburgh's OL?

Is Joseph Addai all that? Some schmo named Kenton Keith has been tearing it up the past 2 weeks since the first-round talent Addai got injured.

Hell, I even saw Derrick Blaylock get 4 TD's in a game once.

There are maybe a handful of these unique-type talents out there at best (Tomlinson, Larry Johnson, Westbrook, maybe Frank Gore, and probably Adrian Peterson) & even they need a good OL. So what made this FO naively think that adding Thomas Jones would suddenly hide a garbage run-blocking line?

I'm dropping a lot of the blame on...ready for this? THE DEFENSE and the lack of ability to ever stop anyone...why are we aLWAYS IN THE POSITION TO HAVE TO EITHER play CATCH UP OR TO PLAY KEEP AWAY FROM AN opponent's OFFENSE THAT IS ALWAYS ON THE VERGE OF SCORING? (sorry about the caps-fat finger syndrome).Our offense is always put in a position to HAVE to pass-again i blame a defense that is playing with absolutely ZERO heart-worst Jets defense I've maybe EVER seen...ever

I agree I do not see all the blame on Jones- the offensive line has to open some holes and move the line of scrimmage.

Yep, when leon runs 13 yards in 9 carries in the same game, it's hard to put the blame on the RBs because TJ got his 13-37 or whatever it was.

I saw one play where there was a nice hole that he didnt hit quick enough, but the rest of the time, the vaginats were just stacking it up and the holes really werent there.

I'm dropping a lot of the blame on...ready for this? THE DEFENSE and the lack of ability to ever stop anyone...why are we aLWAYS IN THE POSITION TO HAVE TO EITHER play CATCH UP OR TO PLAY KEEP AWAY FROM AN opponent's OFFENSE THAT IS ALWAYS ON THE VERGE OF SCORING? (sorry about the caps-fat finger syndrome).Our offense is always put in a position to HAVE to pass-again i blame a defense that is playing with absolutely ZERO heart-worst Jets defense I've maybe EVER seen...ever

Our offense scores like 2 TDs a game. Usually they are in the second half too. The past few weeks, on top of that, the offense was giving up points. How are we going to play from ahead when we never score?

Archived