Mangini, Penny And Other Ramblings

Jet27

You guys must have vented yesterday....I specifically did not post yesterday cause I wanted to give it a day.

Here is my assessment, Mangini looks lost running this team.

Penny has cost us 2 games in a row with his INTs.

The Jets need to sit Penny down and start KC.

Mangini needs to switch back to the 4-3 NOW.

And I told you guys last week the Giant D was a fraud.

Right this very minute this team with all the flaws and crappy Oline and crappy defense should be 3-2!!! End of story...The difference we are 1-4 and not 3-2 is Penny's play at QB.

The 4-3 wouldn't be any better. What would the alignment be? Coleman and Ellis are too big and slow to play 4-3 DE. Would we bring Thomas back in? He's a little undersized and was an absolute bust as a 4-3 DE. The pass rush in a 4-3 comes from the ends, not the linebackers. Please name me a single player on this team who could rush the passer effectively from a three-point stance.

Not to mention that a 3-technique "under" tackle is only one part of the 4-3. Yes, we have a very talented one in DRob, but you still need a nose tackle. Who's going to fill that role? Pouha? Mosley? Sounds like we'd have the same problems running a 4-3 as we do now, except with even less ability to rush the QB.

Obviously Vilma and DRob are suited to a 4-3, but you're asking to change our entire defense (again) to suit 2 players? How about instead, we simply have a little patience as Mangini brings his people in and completes the transition, and trades players that don't fit (i.e., Vilma and Robertson, among others) to 4-3 teams.

The defense needs a lot of work, but remember we're rebuilding right now, so it takes some time.

You guys must have vented yesterday....I specifically did not post yesterday cause I wanted to give it a day.

Right this very minute this team with all the flaws and crappy Oline and crappy defense should be 3-2!!! End of story...The difference we are 1-4 and not 3-2 is Penny's play at QB.

i think this team is extremely soft on the Offense and Defensive lines both units get pushed all over the field

They played in the 4-3 a bunch of times on Sunday...

People who think the 4-3 will change anything are crazy...

Vilma is still too small... Drob never was great in either system... Ellis is playing at the same level he did in the 4-3.... Abe is gone... Barton is getting slow... Bryan Thomas would be a DE again and get no pressure on the QB... the secondary would be lost in a new system for a while...

Here' the problem with the D, It doesn't matter if we go 3-4 4-3 5-1, there

is no one on the D that a OC for another team stays up all night worrying about

when they are scheduled to play the Jets.

Yes there are some good players but not one who can take over a game.

All they have to do is look at tapes from a previous game and see the schemes

we have played and adjust from that.

all of a sudden the word "rebuilding" has become a very consisten word on the board, whether is true or not its just a nice way of packing it in this season, I for one am still hoping to be playing meaningful games in december and that this thing will get turned around.

How are they a fraud, they allowed 7 points!

Yes, 7.

How? 1 fumble return, 1 KO return, and 1 pick thrown to us on the 20 that we just kicked on... that's 17 of our 24.

Right this very minute this team with all the flaws and penny's play at QB should be 3-2!!! End of story...The difference we are 1-4 and not 3-2 is our crappy Oline and crappy defense. icon12.gif

all of a sudden the word "rebuilding" has become a very consisten word on the board, whether is true or not its just a nice way of packing it in this season, I for one am still hoping to be playing meaningful games in december and that this thing will get turned around.

Dorothy, Dorothy wake up.... it's your Auntie Em.

I think 'the board' is being realistic. The level of play speaks louder than the abysmal record. The defensive allignment doesnt matter because these guys dont hit anyone and get pushed around in the running game. Remarkably, the two best tacklers seem to be the rookies, Revis and Harris. Even Rhodes, our best defensive player, is just not a hitter - he has a nose for the ball but he doesnt hit anyone. And it seems no matter what Mangini does the offense cannot block for the running game.

The Jets obviously need to focus this offseason on collecting offensive players who can move bodies and defensive bodies who are strong and who are willing to tackle people.

And Clemens should immediately start at QB.

I think 'the board' is being realistic. The level of play speaks louder than the abysmal record. The defensive allignment doesnt matter because these guys dont hit anyone and get pushed around in the running game. Remarkably, the two best tacklers seem to be the rookies, Revis and Harris. Even Rhodes, our best defensive player, is just not a hitter - he has a nose for the ball but he doesnt hit anyone. And it seems no matter what Mangini does the offense cannot block for the running game.

The Jets obviously need to focus this offseason on collecting offensive players who can move bodies and defensive bodies who are strong and who are willing to tackle people.

And Clemens should immediately start at QB.

yes, all that is obvious stuff i have mentioned for two weeks, but the rebuilding word is the word of the week due to the slow start, im not arguing the points i just choose to believe they will turn this thing around. ive been to every single jet game this season including the away games, i know whats out there and i know the problems, it starts with coaching and moves down to the qb play and alll the way to the defense and lack of personel and ends with mr. nugent, but why not think they can come back to the meadowlands at 3-4 with three sraight at home, to me those are meaningful games.

dwelling on 1-4 and thinking into the off season in october pretty much says this season is a wash and as a season ticket holder im not willing to do that yet, i live for this time of year and to sit back and wait a for another offseason and camp to start and a hope for a championship is just way to long down the road

dwelling on 1-4 and thinking into the off season in october pretty much says this season is a wash and as a season ticket holder im not willing to do that yet, i live for this time of year and to sit back and wait a for another offseason and camp to start and a hope for a championship is just way to long down the road

I have tix, too. I love the games, whether or not the Jets are playing meaningful ones. To me, this would have plenty of meaning if they would let Clemens start at QB.

Archived