Fire Willie!

T-Mac

This guy has no clue. He can't make switches, leaves pitchers in too long, and refuses to bench slumping hitters. The day after his CF got hurt, he announced that he was gonna be his leadoff hitter. His 1st baseman is hitting .208! Do we really need defense that bad at first base?

June of his 1st season and it's starting already. :lol:

Easy on the guy Mets fans, it's his first time around the block. Oh and, what pitching are you talking about? What freakin' pitching do you have outside of Pedro and Looper? None.

Oh and congrats to Beltran with a HR when Pedro wasn't on the hill for a change. That did them a lot of good. How far are they out of 1st while in LAST? Just wondering.

Give Willie a break. Did you ever think it was this joke Manya who is trying to pull a Steinbrenner by bringing in a CF who had one great post season run capped off with a couple of good seasons in KANSAS CITY, where their best player barely bats .300 and his tryed to be passed off as a star every year. Pitching wins Championships, as a Yankees fan, I see that, and we don't have good pitching either, but at least we have better pitching then the Mets, in which case, we will remain the better ball club.

I hate to say it, but the Mets aren't even trying to compete this year, it looks like. Unless Omar pulls off some major moves quick (getting rid of Piazza and Glavine, for two), it will be an indication that the Mets are on a three-year plan to get competitive, and that signing Pedro was nothing more than a goodwill ploy for the fans.

The Mets have a nice young core with Reyes, Beltran and David Wright, but their veterans have been sucking ass so far. They have absolutely nobody who can work out a walk in a tight spot right now, Piazza looks like he can't wait to be dealt, and Mentkiewicz is an automatic out. Factor in the ridiculously bad Kaz Matsui and there are just major holes to be filled.

If I'm Omar, I hold up the Red Sox or the Cubs for Cliff Floyd. Floyd is having a great year, so some team should bite on him. He's apparently a local legend in Chicago, so deal him there for young talent at any position and go for it.

TS...Wright and Reyes and Beltran are good, young, OFFENSIVE STARS.

Now what you need is some quality youth pitching. Bringing in this clown Ishii from LA and moving Heilmann to the bullpen was the dumbest ******* move you guys have made all year. :shock: Didn't the guy have 2 great perfomances for you? True had a couple of shaky outings, but still, that shows great promise! Wang has had 2 bad outings and when Wright or old man river, or both are back, if he goes to the bullpen, I will be pissed as hell. No way should Wang ever return for the bullpen for us and no way Heilmann should stay there for you.

If I were the Mets, I would pursue AJ Burnett this off-season, big time, have you seen his curve ball? Deadly. And he won't be changing leagues, unlike...Pavano. #-o

TS...Wright and Reyes and Beltran are good, young, OFFENSIVE STARS.

Now what you need is some quality youth pitching. Bringing in this clown Ishii from LA and moving Heilmann to the bullpen was the dumbest farging move you guys have made all year. :shock: Didn't the guy have 2 great perfomances for you? True had a couple of shaky outings, but still, that shows great promise! Wang has had 2 bad outings and when Wright or old man river, or both are back, if he goes to the bullpen, I will be pissed as hell. No way should Wang ever return for the bullpen for us and no way Heilmann should stay there for you.

If I were the Mets, I would pursue AJ Burnett this off-season, big time, have you seen his curve ball? Deadly. And he won't be changing leagues, unlike...Pavano. #-o

Homey, Reyes and Beltran are among the elite defensive players at their respective positions, and Wright, although he has a bunch of weird errors this year, is an excellent glove at third.

As for the young pitching, I disagree. They'll need to get younger pitchers eventually, but they're not losing games because of pitching. They're losing games because they can't get on base. As for Heilman, the guy has had what seems like 12 seasons to prove himself, so if they're not exactly blown away with two quality starts out of 50, I'm down with the Mets. I do agree, though, that he should be in the rotation where Kaz Ishii is currently stinking it up, but for some reason they keep throwing him out there.

Didn't a certain someone once have these words in their sig?

"Willie for President!"

Who was that? \:D/

Seriously though, the mets problems are so deep they can't be undone right now. They should consider shipping off anybody on their roster not named beltran, reyes and wright. Pedro should not be immune to trade either.

Didn't a certain someone once have these words in their sig?

"Willie for President!"

Who was that? \:D/

Seriously though, the mets problems are so deep they can't be undone right now. They should consider shipping off anybody on their roster not named beltran, reyes and wright. Pedro should not be immune to trade either.

I like Willie and I think he's got the right attitude for this team. He still makes some mind-boggling decisions, but I think he'll learn as he goes.

As for trading Pedro and cleaning up the roster, I'll give it two-three weeks and see where we're at. If they're still sniffing at .500 or less, I agree, clean house.

The highest payroll in the NL. Third in MLB baseball and they are not even trying ? :shock:

Beltran has been a bust. Piazza continues to be a disgrace behind the plate and at the bat. (Yeah good luck getting anything for him). Glavine continues to be a shell of his former self making huge money.

Here is the bottomline on the Mets.

Everytime they even start to sniff the top of the NL East or a wild card they go into the tank. It has been that way since the day Bobby V left.

I don't have a big problem moving Heilmann to the pen, but can we get him more innings? And how about fewer for Ishii? Good move getting Reyes out of the leadoff spot, but what were we waiting for? His replacement to get hurt apparently.

Now what you need is some quality youth pitching. Bringing in this clown Ishii from LA and moving Heilmann to the bullpen was the dumbest farging move you guys have made all year. :shock: Didn't the guy have 2 great perfomances for you? True had a couple of shaky outings, but still, that shows great promise!

You defend Willie, but then say moving Heilman to the pen was a bad move...who made the call to put Heilman in the pen?

Heilman has had a few decent outings surrounded by 2 yrs of shaky ones...but either way, Heilman was in AAA when they acquired Ishii. I agree that Ishii should have gone to the pen when Heilman got called up, but thats Willie's mistake, not Omar's.

I like Willie too, but some of his moves are mind boggling. Overall he gets a pass since its his first go-round.

Kazmir has done nothing of note yet, so lets save that talk for another day.

Their immediate needs are not starting pitching. Pedro is Pedro, Benson is solid. Trax comes back after the break. The other guys are passable.

They need a first baseman who can hit. They need Piazza to move on when his contract is up this offseason. They need Willie to realize that Wright should be batting higher in the order, and Piazza lower. His insistance on the veterans Piazza and Floyd in the 4/5 spots are maddening.

I'd maybe even go with Cameron-Reyes-Beltran-Wright-Floyd-Piazza as the 1 through 6. It still keeps the righty lefty crap that Willie is so fond of.

Their problems, as TS pointed out, are hitting related.

And the pen. And in that case, I dont WANT Ishii in the pen,

Three words:

TRADE MIKE CAMERON.

The guy has been our best hitter since he came off the DL, is playing out of position, and is easily our best commodity to trade right now. It's easy to say "we should wait and see how things progress until we make moves", but considering that the Mets aren't even winning at home anymore (6-6 on the last homestand against the Diamondbacks, Giants, Astros, and Angels), now is the time to do something.

Three words:

TRADE MIKE CAMERON.

The guy has been our best hitter since he came off the DL, is playing out of position, and is easily our best commodity to trade right now. It's easy to say "we should wait and see how things progress until we make moves", but considering that the Mets aren't even winning at home anymore (6-6 on the last homestand against the Diamondbacks, Giants, Astros, and Angels), now is the time to do something.

TOO LATE ... Cameron is heading back to the DL and now he will be viewed as damaged goods, or at least with some serious suspecion

It's Gonna be much tougher for the Muts to get something of real value for Cemeron now ... they might have to treat it like a salary dump and take whatever they can get ... but that's what the Muts get for being entirely unrealistic, trying to steal players like Wang or Cano for this bum, when they should have taken a decent prospect or two who are still in the minors

Did the Mess really think that was possible??????

Did they really think they were getting Wang or Cano for this stiff?????

Uh, Brian Cashman may have been born at nite, but he was born LAST NIGHT!! :roll:

Mets tried to Get Greedy ... and they Got Burned :lol:

TOO LATE ... Cameron is heading back to the DL and now he will be viewed as damaged goods, or at least with some serious suspecion

It's Gonna be much tougher for the Muts to get something of real value for Cemeron now ... they might have to treat it like a salary dump and take whatever they can get ... but that's what the Muts get for being entirely unrealistic, trying to steal players like Wang or Cano for this bum, when they should have taken a decent prospect or two who are still in the minors

Did the Mess really think that was possible??????

Did they really think they were getting Wang or Cano for this stiff?????

Uh, Brian Cashman may have been born at nite, but he was born LAST NIGHT!! :roll:

Mets tried to Get Greedy ... and they Got Burned :lol:

Uhh, since when was a Wang/Cano deal iminent or even possible? All I heard were rumors.

• 3 weeks later...

PLEASE fire this guy. Looper has lost countless games this year and still he comes out with the game on the line when he OBVIOUSLY has no stuff. It's like playing T-ball with him and Willie can't see it. I'll give him credit for finding Piazza some pine time, but only injuries derided Matsui and Mientkiewicz when that decision should've been made long before. It's a shame because this team has some spirited players who are being brought down by a few guys that need to be exiled to Newport-News. WAKE UP, WILLIE.

Looper is a 50-50 proposition every time out but to be fair, Floyd catches a semi routine line drive and we walk off with the W.

As long as they don't let last night carry over to the next two days they will be ok. Mandatory we make a deal or two to tighten up 1B and the pen.

I'm tellin ya the Mets should trade Pedro for a couple great prospects and some lowball players before his arm falls off. Time for that team to bebuild. Start now, and they'll be in much better shape in a few years.

I'm tellin ya the Mets should trade Pedro for a couple great prospects and some lowball players before his arm falls off.

Yeah, real smart. Dealing Pedro would cut off a BIG source of revenue among fans in the hispanic demographic. There is at least a buzz in New York whenever Pedro takes the mound. He would be one of the last guys I would trade right now, even if he is destined to have his arm "fall off".

The only guys with any kind of trade bait would be Cliff Floyd and Mike Cameron. If Omar Minaya really is going to be a buyer, and doesn't plan on trading prospects, then these are really the only 2 guys I see being moved on the active roster that could actually bring in SOME useful talent.

Yeah, real smart. Dealing Pedro would cut off a BIG source of revenue among fans in the hispanic demographic. There is at least a buzz in New York whenever Pedro takes the mound. He would be one of the last guys I would trade right now, even if he is destined to have his arm "fall off".

The only guys with any kind of trade bait would be Cliff Floyd and Mike Cameron. If Omar Minaya really is going to be a buyer, and doesn't plan on trading prospects, then these are really the only 2 guys I see being moved on the active roster that could actually bring in SOME useful talent.

If the ownership only gives a damn about bringin in money from hispanic fans every 5 days than the team isn't worth talking about. If you can land 2 or 3 top flight prospects for Pedro, you do it.

If the ownership only gives a damn about bringin in money from hispanic fans every 5 days than the team isn't worth talking about. If you can land 2 or 3 top flight prospects for Pedro, you do it.

No, you don't do it, not with the way he's pitching, and not with the revenue he generates. I'd rather suffer with him than rebuild without him. There are other players that can be dealt to improve this team. I have full confidence in Minaya.

Besides, even if we WANTED to deal Pedro, who's going to take on that salary?

Yanks

Sawx

White Sawx

LAA

Florida

Philly

Dodgers

just to name a few

You really think any of those teams would want Pedro that badly?

The Red Sox want nothing to do with him, I can't imagine George wanting to increase the Yankee payroll even more for a player he despises, the White Sox and Marlins are stocked with pitching, the Phillies wouldn't make a trade like that within the division, and the Dodgers don't have the goods to get him.

With all due respect, I think the title of this thread should have been "FREE WILLIE"

That's more appropriate when you're talking about tossing someone from the Mets ... it's more like parole than getting canned

:mrgreen:

For hitters, yes. Shea Stadium is a death trap for hitters who don't like to spray the ball to the gaps.

For pitchers, Shea Stadium is a haven for anyone who wants to hide their weaknesses. fly balls that would be homeruns in about 25 other parks get beat down by the wind coming in and stay in the enormous park.

Pedro is not going anywhere.

Floyd catches that line drive last night and this thread is dead.

Barring a carry over affect this w/end from last nights disaster the Mets should be buyers and can afford to part with prospects.

The only real age on this club is at catcher and SP.

Address the bullpen and 1B this year and SP/2B during the off season.

The Mets would lose all the good vibes generated - Pedro is not going anywhere. The Mets with their faults are still within distance of making a run at the wild card. Big series against the Braves coming out of the all-star break

The Mets would lose all the good vibes generated - Pedro is not going anywhere. The Mets with their faults are still within distance of making a run at the wild card. Big series against the Braves coming out of the all-star break

I can't fathom an explanation for why Yankee fans would suggest a trade involving Pedro except for the following: Yankee fans are merely jealous that their NY counterpart, and not themselves, have the good fortune of having a dominant pitcher like Pedro.

I can't fathom an explanation for why Yankee fans would suggest a trade involving Pedro except for the following: Yankee fans are merely jealous that their NY counterpart, and not themselves, have the good fortune of having a dominant pitcher like Pedro.

Do you think Pedro is enjoying LAST PLACE?

Oh, you mean the place the Yankees would have been a week ago if it weren't for the good fortune of having the Devil Rays in your division?

If the Yankees were in the NL East, they would be in no better shape than the Mets.

Archived