Leave early or stay at work?

PhinHater

So I came in late today because I overslept. My boss told me yesterday that I could leave early today at 3:30pm. He is out today, worked from home, then traveling up north.

I would have been in at 830, but I overslept and got in a little before 10. That would mean I should work til 6.

I am afraid my boss knows, because of some emails that I didn't reply to until after 10.

Should I still leave at 3:30? I am afraid he might call me to see if im still here...

I did tell him I was on the phone with the help desk all morning....

That isn't true though. But if he says to me I tried getting in touch with you all morning, I could say that I was on the phone with the help desk and wasn't able to answer any calls.

I did talk to him on teh phone before he left for his trip...I think he speculated that I left early yesterday, which I didn't, because he said he kept trying to call me for 10 minutes straight, but I was actually in my co-corkers office talking. I told him that, not sure if he believed me.

But I did talk to him and we talked fantasy football. He didnt ask me what time I got in or anything...

Should I stay til 4?

I'm a contractor, so for me so I'd just report a 7 or7.5hr day, and try to make it up another time in the week.

Did you do anything above/beyond the call earlier this week that may help justify it?

I actually put in about 10 hours of overtime last week and I worked from home on Sunday for about 3 hours....

I did tell him I was on the phone with the help desk all morning....

That isn't true though. But if he says to me I tried getting in touch with you all morning, I could say that I was on the phone with the help desk and wasn't able to answer any calls.

I did talk to him on teh phone before he left for his trip...I think he speculated that I left early yesterday, which I didn't, because he said he kept trying to call me for 10 minutes straight, but I was actually in my co-corkers office talking. I told him that, not sure if he believed me.

But I did talk to him and we talked fantasy football. He didnt ask me what time I got in or anything...

Should I stay til 4?

If you start BS'ing, you will wend up getting caught in a lie somehow and then you are effed. Stay at work until 4, just spend the time posting on JN.

So I came in late today because I overslept. My boss told me yesterday that I could leave early today at 3:30pm. He is out today, worked from home, then traveling up north.

I would have been in at 830, but I overslept and got in a little before 10. That would mean I should work til 6.

I am afraid my boss knows, because of some emails that I didn't reply to until after 10.

Should I still leave at 3:30? I am afraid he might call me to see if im still here...

Well???? Its 3:30... whats your decision???

I say if you leave now dont bother coming in on Monday. Make it a 3 1/2 day weekend.

Archived