Why haven't the Jets ever gone after an elite tight end?

Blackout

It's not just limited to those teams. Watson and Clark both have 5 TDs I believe. Tony Romo thinks Witten is either his primary WR or second behind TO.

You would think since we have Penny and are allegedly a WCO we'd be running slants and utilizing the TE or at least some big WR, but we don't do that. Probably because we are a bastardized version of it, and apparently Penny doesn't have the arm strength to throw a slant, which even Huard can do. KC throws a lot of slants to Bowe these days.

true he was a basketballer but you get my point

the jets have tried, they just suck at it.

brady and jolly were both worth first rounders to us. Had we kept out first when we bent over for Oakland we'd have heath miller right now.

would ANY other team have drafted kyle brady in round 1? seriously what did people see in him as far as a prospect

You don't remember how pissed Belichik was when the Jets drafted Brady?

He wanted him for the Browns.

Johnny Mitchell was supposed to be that TE - it didn't quite work out that way, though.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/MitcJo00.htm

See #86 (ironic, huh?)

johnnymitchell.jpg

johnnymitchell.jpg

Johnny Mitchell was a STUD...just ask him, he'll tell ya!

I will always remember him giving himself the nickname "7-11" when Serby asked him why he gave himself that nickname, he said, "'cause I'm open 24/7 bro!"

I actually had a #83 Mitchell authentic, that I got autographed by him in Miami at the team hotel, before he switched to #86. also, the same day I got into a verbal fight with Nick Lowery...ahhh, the good 'ol days!

Archived