Who will be the Jets next Defensive Coordinator?

Sutton is so out!

I want Ryan from Oalkand(and, so does Mangini) But, I think it will be Jim Hasselt currently with the Rams. Thoughts?

Neither. Why would Mangini want a powerful coordinator when he wants to run the D? Why would either 4-3 take what is essentially a lateral move to coach a team with poor personnel, no defensive playmakers that is commited to the 3-4 to work under a head coach that loves the 3-4 and wants to keep meddling in the D?

Sutton is so out!

I want Ryan from Oalkand(and, so does Mangini) But, I think it will be Jim Hasselt currently with the Rams. Thoughts?

Neither. Why would Mangini want a powerful coordinator when he wants to run the D? Why would either 4-3 take what is essentially a lateral move to coach a team with poor personnel, no defensive playmakers that is commited to the 3-4 to work under a head coach that loves the 3-4 and wants to keep meddling in the D?

Irish Jet and #27, name your pick then for DC!

I would love Rob Ryan, or Rex Ryan from the Ravens. Marv Lewis may be fired in Cincy soon. He'd be a nice pick too, but then I like attacking defenses. I'm quite sure it won't be any of them. Mangini wants to run the D, therefore it will be either a puppet or somebody else from the Parcells/BB tree if they shake loose and are on the same wavelength. I'm betting another puppet, if he chooses to throw Sutton under the bus..

I would love Rob Ryan, or Rex Ryan from the Ravens. Marv Lewis may be fired in Cincy soon. He'd be a nice pick too, but then I like attacking defenses. I'm quite sure it won't be any of them. Mangini wants to run the D, therefore it will be either a puppet or somebody else from the Parcells/BB tree if they shake loose and are on the same wavelength. I'm betting another puppet, if he chooses to throw Sutton under the bus..

if it looks like a rock and talks like a rock... it probably is a rock

Coxy cannot string 2 sentences together, you want him to be our

mastermind????????????

We already have our "mastermind". How's that working out? Maybe an angry puppet with some attitude is what we need. Can't be much worse than this our current old puppet.

if it looks like a rock and talks like a rock... it probably is a rock

Coxy cannot string 2 sentences together, you want him to be our

mastermind????????????

We already have our "mastermind". How's that working out? Maybe an angry puppet with some attitude is what we need. Can't be much worse than this our current old puppet.

I wish it was going to be Romeo Crennell but with Cleveland headed for a .500 season, he won't be fired. I'd put my money on somebody from the Patriots' current staff.:P

I thought Romeo was a lock. But that was factoring in a 3 win season for Clev. I had the 3 win part right. Just didn't think it would be the Jets!

Theres no chance of the Ryan Brothers Im afraid, thats just a fantasy Im afraid. The best in the leauge right now is Dick Lebeau from Pittsburgh, especially with a 3-4 but yet again there is no chance of him.

Someone mentioned Crennel, that would crack me up. Him working for Mangini?? LOL

I would like to see us find someone who ahs any kind of succesful backround in the 3-4, if you think Jim Hasslet is a good choice then you are off your nut, have you seen the rams this season????

Its too early to pick now, we need to wait and see who's available.

One guy who may be avialable sooner rather tahn later is Wade Phillips. I know hes doing a good job in his first year in Dallas but IIRC when they hired him rumour was he was supposed to be a one year plug in while The O Co-ordinator would learn the ropes.

I can remember hearing something liek taht, could be total BS, but just a suggestion. Phillips has been a hell of a 3-4 coach.

One guy who may be avialable sooner rather tahn later is Wade Phillips. I know hes doing a good job in his first year in Dallas but IIRC when they hired him rumour was he was supposed to be a one year plug in while The O Co-ordinator would learn the ropes.

I can remember hearing something liek taht, could be total BS, but just a suggestion. Phillips has been a hell of a 3-4 coach.

He's 6-1 right now, unless they totaly collapse (which I doubht) he in't going anywhere!!

Archived