Bengals ticket takers busted

Lil Bit Special

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/10/23/bc.fbn.bengals.ticketta.ap/index.html

Two men charged with accepting cash to let in fans

Posted: Tuesday October 23, 2007 4:42PM; Updated: Tuesday October 23, 2007 4:42PM

1.gif

1.gif

advertisement_down.gif

;spt=football_nfl;dcove=d;sz=300x250;?

1.gifCINCINNATI (AP) -- Two ticket takers have been charged with accepting money from fans and letting them into a sold out Cincinnati Bengals game.

Timothy Clifford, 42, of Lawrenceburg, Ind., and Keith Johnson, 44, of Cincinnati, were charged with theft for allegedly accepting $20 from each of five people who didn't have tickets for the Bengals' game Sunday against the New York Jets.

Both men were arrested at the stadium on Sunday. They face up to 180 days in jail on the theft charge. They were allowed to remain free on bond until court hearings on Nov. 5.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said the team had received a tip about the ticket takers, so security officials were watching.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/10/23/bc.fbn.bengals.ticketta.ap/index.html

Two men charged with accepting cash to let in fans

Posted: Tuesday October 23, 2007 4:42PM; Updated: Tuesday October 23, 2007 4:42PM

1.gif

1.gif

advertisement_down.gif

;spt=football_nfl;dcove=d;sz=300x250;?

1.gifCINCINNATI (AP) -- Two ticket takers have been charged with accepting money from fans and letting them into a sold out Cincinnati Bengals game.

Timothy Clifford, 42, of Lawrenceburg, Ind., and Keith Johnson, 44, of Cincinnati, were charged with theft for allegedly accepting $20 from each of five people who didn't have tickets for the Bengals' game Sunday against the New York Jets.

Both men were arrested at the stadium on Sunday. They face up to 180 days in jail on the theft charge. They were allowed to remain free on bond until court hearings on Nov. 5.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said the team had received a tip about the ticket takers, so security officials were watching.

I had a connection at yankee stadium during the 96 world series, saw the final game, and it cost me and 10 friends 50 bucks each. I just had to say a code and hand a certain ticket taker something that looked like a ticket, and then squared up with the guy i knew who was middle man. It was awesome! We just wondered the stadium and every time we got asked to show our tickets by an usher we just acted drunk and mean and said okokok i'll go back to my seat. I almost fell off the upper deck at one point.

When the Jets played at Shea, I never had a ticket. I would give the ticket taker $2 to get in and then give the usher $1 for a guaranteed seat. If someone came for the seat, they would move you to another one, no problem.

HAH, the 'ushers' at Shea. I remember those guys. They were all 80 yrs. old if a day. That's part of the reason the drunken losers ran the show. "Security!" Um, yah, sure...

I was at Shea about 8 years ago. Saw a couple guys hand the ticket taker $5 bills and walk right in.

I remember, when I was a kid ,my cousin and I getting into games at Shea free with his friend who was an usher. Had to get there early but that was even better.

I had a connection at yankee stadium during the 96 world series, saw the final game, and it cost me and 10 friends 50 bucks each. I just had to say a code and hand a certain ticket taker something that looked like a ticket, and then squared up with the guy i knew who was middle man. It was awesome! We just wondered the stadium and every time we got asked to show our tickets by an usher we just acted drunk and mean and said okokok i'll go back to my seat. I almost fell off the upper deck at one point.

There was a time at Yankee Stadium we would buy grandstand seats and

then go to an usher who was watching the box seats and for a few bucks

they knew which boxes would be empty and even dust them off for us.

Archived