Writer's Guild goes on strike today

Smizzy

Let em strike. Nobody will care. Life will go on.

Life will go on, but plenty of people will care. First will be people like me, whose favorite shows are topical, like The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report and The Late Show with David Letterman.

If the strike continues, prime time shows will go to reruns in a month or two, when the stockpiled scripts run out. Lots more people will start to care, then.

Life will go on, but plenty of people will care. First will be people like me, whose favorite shows are topical, like The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report and The Late Show with David Letterman.

If the strike continues, prime time shows will go to reruns in a month or two, when the stockpiled scripts run out. Lots more people will start to care, then.

life will go on. People will find new ways to entertain themselves. Most people wont care.

Im sure you can find other ways to fill your head with topical stuff instead of relying on poorly written shows.

The only things I'm going to be bummed to miss are the Daily Show and the Colbert Report. Other than that, I could care less whether they're won't be any new shows or movies. Jericho and LOST have already been filmed anyway for this season i think.

maybe this will lead people to get away from the tv and...gasp....read a book.

Not true. I know somebody who works on the show...

wrong

there saying big brother 9 will be on in feb if the strike lasts really long

any new yorkers want to try out?

CASTING CALL !! BIG BROTHER 9 !! CBS NETWORK !! NYC OPEN CALL !!! (Upper West Side)

Reply to: gigs-470339908@craigslist.org

Date: 2007-11-06, 3:15AM EST

CBS PRESENTS BIG BROTHER 9 ! NYC OPEN CALL ! Imagine living with a group of strangers under one roof, cut off from the outside world, while cameras catch your every move 24 hours a day. All for the chance at winning $500,000.00!

Are you up for the ultimate challenge?

CBS casting directors are looking for attractive males and females ages 21 to 60, must be fun and outgoing and energetic. "characters" a must, and NY accents are a plus ! On camera auditions will be held in NYC on Sunday November 18th at NY Castings 243 W. 30th St. 3rd Fl. between 7th and 8th ave.from 12 noon til 8 pm. Be prepared to give us 2 minutes or less why you would be a great house guest and what sets you apart from the rest and be sure to go to CBS.COM and "fill out" the online application, download it and "bring it with you" to the audition "with a copy of your photo ID".

COME PREPARED AND CAMERA READY !!

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/tlg/470339908.html

Archived