red sox to consider trade bucholz/lester/ellsbury for miggy cabera???

Blackout

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a chance in hell. Two front of the rotation starters and a star in the making 4 or 5 tool outfielder for a fat guy who can no longer field his position? Where do they put him? Doesn't make sense at all.

LOL @ Lester being a front of the rotation starter and Ellsbury being a 5 tool player.

LOL @ Lester being a front of the rotation starter and Ellsbury being a 5 tool player.

Lester won game 4 of the World Series, and pitched well most of the playoffs, and his minor league scouting reports had him rated as a better pitcher than Jonathan Papelbon. He just got through battling cancer and after a full spring training with the staff and coaches I think he'll be a solid #2or #3 when it's all said and done.

And I said 4 or 5 tool player. Ellsbury showed some power in the bigs but not so much in the minors, but that could still develop. Everything else about him is dynamic. His contact ability, his speed, his defensive prowess. He is the next Gady Sizemore, maybe even better. And don't act like I'm the only one to ever make that comparison.

Lester won game 4 of the World Series, and pitched well most of the playoffs, and his minor league scouting reports had him rated as a better pitcher than Jonathan Papelbon. He just got through battling cancer and after a full spring training with the staff and coaches I think he'll be a solid #2or #3 when it's all said and done.

And I said 4 or 5 tool player. Ellsbury showed some power in the bigs but not so much in the minors, but that could still develop. Everything else about him is dynamic. His contact ability, his speed, his defensive prowess. He is the next Gady Sizemore, maybe even better. And don't act like I'm the only one to ever make that comparison.

LMAO GRADY SIZEMORE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I don't think i'll be able to get passed that one LOL. He never hit like Sizemore at ANY LEVEL.

As for Lester he's about as mediocre as it gets and has been throughout his entire career except for one season

LMAO GRADY SIZEMORE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I don't think i'll be able to get passed that one LOL. He never hit like Sizemore at ANY LEVEL.

As for Lester he's about as mediocre as it gets and has been throughout his entire career except for one season

Get your Yankee blinders off for two minutes. It's hard to have an honest discussion with you when all of your great Yankee prospects are the next big things and the Sox prospects are crap because you say so. Jon Lester and Jacoby Ellsbury, and Buchholz for that matter all have rings and all earned them this postseason.

Give Lester a full spring training, a full season, and no chemotherapy and let's see what happens.

As far as Ellsbury is concerned, he showed what he could do the last two months and the playoffs. He hit very well in the minors too. I didn't come up with the Grady comparison, just telling you like some other professionals see it. If he develops some power, he could be the next Grady Sizemore. Except one that shows up in the playoffs.

Not a chance in hell. Two front of the rotation starters and a star in the making 4 or 5 tool outfielder for a fat guy who can no longer field his position? Where do they put him? Doesn't make sense at all.

No way the Sox do this. Waaaay too much to give up especially Ellsbury. Coco Crisp to be traded ? Yes. Ellsbury? NO

Get your Yankee blinders off for two minutes. It's hard to have an honest discussion with you when all of your great Yankee prospects are the next big things and the Sox prospects are crap because you say so. Jon Lester and Jacoby Ellsbury, and Buchholz for that matter all have rings and all earned them this postseason.

Give Lester a full spring training, a full season, and no chemotherapy and let's see what happens.

As far as Ellsbury is concerned, he showed what he could do the last two months and the playoffs. He hit very well in the minors too. I didn't come up with the Grady comparison, just telling you like some other professionals see it. If he develops some power, he could be the next Grady Sizemore. Except one that shows up in the playoffs.

How did buchholz earn his ring? he didn't pitch a post season inning. and the fact that they have rings mean NOTHING about what kind of players they are individually. Lester is garbage just like I said last year when you were brown nosing him and ellsbusy is the same player as melky cabrera, not sizemore. your homerism is insanely funny.

How did buchholz earn his ring? he didn't pitch a post season inning. and the fact that they have rings mean NOTHING about what kind of players they are individually. Lester is garbage just like I said last year when you were brown nosing him and ellsbusy is the same player as melky cabrera, not sizemore. your homerism is insanely funny.

:rl: Yes YOU WOULD know !!

howcome you think lester is trash? not trying to start anything just asking.

I think he's garbage because his prospect status is based on one year in AA (2005) when he was great but his luck stats like BABIP and GF were terrible. Throughout the rest of his career he's been nothing but mediocre including what he's done in the majors.

If I am the Red Sox, I take a pass on Cabrera. Kid's got talent, no doubting that. He's also got a terrible attitude and an even worse work ethic. Had upset veterans like Jeff Conine for how little he participated in pregame practices and BP.

oh yeah, and the rumors that he once hit 260 on the scale.

If I am the Red Sox, I take a pass on Cabrera. Kid's got talent, no doubting that. He's also got a terrible attitude and an even worse work ethic. Had upset veterans like Jeff Conine for how little he participated in pregame practices and BP.

oh yeah, and the rumors that he once hit 260 on the scale.

They have another fat rightly hitter with a bad attitude. How did that work out for them...

I think he's garbage because his prospect status is based on one year in AA (2005) when he was great but his luck stats like BABIP and GF were terrible. Throughout the rest of his career he's been nothing but mediocre including what he's done in the majors.

He pitched extremely well in the playoffs. Good things are coming to this kid if he can pitch with some control. Just ask Colorado.

Buchholz gave the sox a lot of quality innings and performances when the needed him to to get them into the playoffs and preserve their AL East lead. Not to mention that whole no-hitter thing giving the team a spark.

And Melky can't hold Ellsbury's jock in the outfield. Melky has the better arm, but range and overall defense go to Ellsbury. Same thing in the batters box and the basepaths. Like I said, I didn't make the comparison to Sizemore. And you are the biggest homer on the board. I can actually give credit when it is due. All you do is spout opinions with no facts or stats to back them and hide behind your Yankee-colored glasses.

They have another fat rightly hitter with a bad attitude. How did that work out for them...

And this would be who? Please tell me you are talking about Manny. Please.

I've been reading and discussing this over at redsoxnation.net

My feeling is that Ellsbury the 1 out of those 3 that you want to keep. Then I'd go Buchholz and then Lester in that order. Cabrera is a stud, but there are questions about his attitude and weight. But who does he have around him to mentor and guide him? This current Boston team could be ideal for him, but I would be reluctant to see the Red Sox move Ellsbury and Buchholz to get him. Jacoby IS very close to Sizemore, madmike. I'd like to see him stay with the Sox for a long time. Lester? Great guy, awesome story, but I'm more excited about Buchholz than him so he would be tradeable, imo. Lester and Manny for Cabbie? I'd do that in a heartbeat.

He pitched extremely well in the playoffs. Good things are coming to this kid if he can pitch with some control. Just ask Colorado.

WOW he beat a dead team down 3-0 in the series with a mediocre start. What a stud.

Buchholz gave the sox a lot of quality innings and performances when the needed him to to get them into the playoffs and preserve their AL East lead. Not to mention that whole no-hitter thing giving the team a spark.

LOL @ 22 innings being a lot. Tavarez had a bigger impact than Buchholz did this year.

And Melky can't hold Ellsbury's jock in the outfield. Melky has the better arm, but range and overall defense go to Ellsbury. Same thing in the batters box and the basepaths. Like I said, I didn't make the comparison to Sizemore. And you are the biggest homer on the board. I can actually give credit when it is due. All you do is spout opinions with no facts or stats to back them and hide behind your Yankee-colored glasses.

Who compares him to sizemore? soxprospects.com? LMAO. LOL @ me not backing up my opinions. It's YOU who is making moronic statements left and right with no factual backing. You haven't mentioned one stat to back up any of your BS in this entire thread. You have no idea what you are talking about other than that every player on your team must be awesome because they are on your team. You're a joke. If you had some FACTUAL BACKING you'd see that his stats compare MUCH BETTER to Melky's than to Sizemore.

And this would be who? Please tell me you are talking about Manny. Please.

It is Manny who i'm talking about that that HAS worked out for them.

I've been reading and discussing this over at redsoxnation.net

My feeling is that Ellsbury the 1 out of those 3 that you want to keep. Then I'd go Buchholz and then Lester in that order. Cabrera is a stud, but there are questions about his attitude and weight. But who does he have around him to mentor and guide him? This current Boston team could be ideal for him, but I would be reluctant to see the Red Sox move Ellsbury and Buchholz to get him. Jacoby IS very close to Sizemore, madmike. I'd like to see him stay with the Sox for a long time. Lester? Great guy, awesome story, but I'm more excited about Buchholz than him so he would be tradeable, imo. Lester and Manny for Cabbie? I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Buchhloz is so far and away the best prospect of the 3 it's not even worth discussing.

The Red Sox have proven that if you're a star, you can do whatever the hell you want. He'd be 800 lbs. by next September. I pass.

Mike was wrong about Beckett, Lowell and Pedroia. He's just letting his hatred for the Sox (and probably us Sox fans) blind him.

The Red Sox have proven that if you're a star, you can do whatever the hell you want. He'd be 800 lbs. by next September. I pass.

Mike was wrong about Beckett, Lowell and Pedroia. He's just letting his hatred for the Sox (and probably us Sox fans) blind him.

No I wasn't. I was right about all 3 of them. Any stupid team that signs lowell for find that out and Beckett and Pedrioa will never in their careers repeat this past season.

No I wasn't. I was right about all 3 of them. Any stupid team that signs lowell for find that out and Beckett and Pedrioa will never in their careers repeat this past season.

The baseball God has spoken.

Geez, the rest of you guys are idiots.

And, if Mike is not right next year, well there is always 2009 to be right. He can play this game forever.

How in the world can you sit there and say that you were right about any of them?

1. You said Lowell will fade in the second half. He didn't. You were wrong.

2. You said Beckett is not a very good pitcher. He is. You were wrong.

3. You said Pedroia will never be a good hitter, despite hitting over .300 at every level he's ever played. Guess what? He did it again. You were wrong.

It's not so hard to admit when you are wrong. You should try it sometime.

How in the world can you sit there and say that you were right about any of them?

3. You said Pedroia will never be a good hitter, despite hitting over .300 at every level he's ever played. Guess what? He did it again. You were wrong.

the season of 2007 is a very small sample size.

Grow up.

There is no way if I were the Sox I would make that deal.

Ellsbury is going to be a flat out stud. Maybe not quite the Grady Sizemore stud but a guy that if taken care should be a main cog of that team for at least a decade.

Alot of people are going to talk about dealing for Cabrera. He has all the talent but the question is going to be his heart and his weight.

The price right now is wayyyyyy too high. Given some time I'm sure the price will come down.

1 I said Lowell would fade in the 2nd half last year and was 100% right. This year was a fluke. His career pattern is to fade in the 2nd half.

2 I said that Beckett is as good as his career numbers say he is, not what he did in this fluke season.

3 I said pedroia will be a avg hitting (100 OPS+) 2B. And he will be.

1 I said Lowell would fade in the 2nd half last year and was 100% right. This year was a fluke. His career pattern is to fade in the 2nd half.

Fluke or not, the fact remains. You were wrong.

2 I said that Beckett is as good as his career numbers say he is, not what he did in this fluke season.

He was better. Fluke or not, you were wrong. Again.

3 I said pedroia will be a avg hitting (100 OPS+) 2B. And he will be.

I think the exact quote you used was Pedroia is "horrible". I'll have to see if I can find it. You definitely rated him as a C prospect though. Again, wrong.

Archived