The QB Clemens reminded me of the most yesterday was:

Jetlag

Brooks Bollinger.

He seemed to let the game become much bigger then something he could handle. He looked frantic and couldn't command the offense to work for him. Yesterday was a time warp back to 2005. With all the breakdowns on our O-line I figured he'd at least try to use his run threat some more.

Now this is not to say he won't be good at some point but yesterday was very discouraging even with the poor play of our O-line.

Side note: I thought the defense actually played fairly well in spite of how pathetic the offense was. The defense was consistently put on a short field and came up with some big stops but there is only so much they can do.

Mr. Clemens better show up with some big games down the stretch to convince this Jet fan that he is the future.

He held onto the bal way to long. I think the big run inthe Pitt game made him think he could do it all the time. Dallas's LB's are unreal though and he couldn't escape them. And what was with that pic-6? Looked like Pennington didn't it but surprisingly no-one has brought that up yet

If he starts against Miami next week, and I am sure he wil, they get their 1st win

He held onto the bal way to long. I think the big run inthe Pitt game made him think he could do it all the time. Dallas's LB's are unreal though and he couldn't escape them. And what was with that pic-6? Looked like Pennington didn't it but surprisingly no-one has brought that up yet

If he starts against Miami next week, and I am sure he wil, they get their 1st win

IF we LOSE to Miami next week.The MODS better shut this place down is all im saying.

Its gonna get FUGLY!

I agree with the Bollinger like performance.

Funny you bring up the pick. I said the same thing about it looking like a Penny out pass.

Brooks Bollinger.

He seemed to let the game become much bigger then something he could handle. He looked frantic and couldn't command the offense to work for him. Yesterday was a time warp back to 2005. With all the breakdowns on our O-line I figured he'd at least try to use his run threat some more.

Now this is not to say he won't be good at some point but yesterday was very discouraging even with the poor play of our O-line.

Side note: I thought the defense actually played fairly well in spite of how pathetic the offense was. The defense was consistently put on a short field and came up with some big stops but there is only so much they can do.

Mr. Clemens better show up with some big games down the stretch to convince this Jet fan that he is the future.

There were things he could've done better like his inconsistant accuracy and getting the ball out a little quicker. That being said a young, inexperienced QB is gonna look like this when the defense is in his face nearly every play. When your o-line is dominated its hard for an experience QB to look good, let alone a player making only his 4th career start. I say the promise he's shown in his last 3 starts far outweighs this game where the domination in the trenches makes it difficult to evaluate him.

A QB should be able to inspire his teammates to raise up their games not play flatter than a coke bottle that's been left open for 3 weeks. Like I said I'm not saying he doesn't have the chance to be the future but yesterday's clunker does not help his cause.

A QB should be able to inspire his teammates to raise up their games not play flatter than a coke bottle that's been left open for 3 weeks. Like I said I'm not saying he doesn't have the chance to be the future but yesterday's clunker does not help his cause.

Are you people honestly *****ing serious when you say sh*t like this? He is making one of his first ever starts, on the biggest stage he has ever played, against a very good team with scary good pass rushers, in dallas, without his #1 WR, with a line that looked like a revolving door, with THREE *****ING DAYS TO PREPARE! How the hell can you expect greatness in that type of situation? Yeah he didn't look good but he's an extremely young QB who is still getting used to the NFL game. It hasn't helped that hes ended up playing some of the best defenses in the league his first starts.

he couldn't even scramble out of the ever-closing pocket like Brooks would have-I have been watching the OL on every play lately and I'm telling you I NEVER saw such quit in a player like I see in Anthony Clement on every single play-Moore is almost as bad but he gets hidden a lot of the time-Clarke has been playing a little better-but still not starter material by any means-I put most of the onus on the OL and OC-some on Clemens for sure and a lot also on WR's who were mostly 2nd stringers in August-Smith McCairens Wright getting too much PT

Brooks Bollinger.

You're absolutely right. Clemens is starting to look a lot more like Brooks Bollinger. He has a better arm than Bollinger and can make better reads but he looks very Bollinger-esque.

Bottom line, if the Jets want to make this guy their QB of the future they better upgrade the O-line and get a better RB than washed up Tommy Jones.

Archived