Can someone tell me who the last center

afosomf

I am being told from competing site JI

2 centers since 1995 have been drafted in rd

Damien Woody and jeff faine

I like Mangold but.... 95% of the NFL Centers are drafted in later rounds.

I'm not sure taking him was the wisest of choices.

Addai, Demeco and Mcneil would have been better choices IMO

i think you missed the point...its just an easy question to find an answer for ya know? Just look it up, no need for two threads on it i guess.

If it bothers you so much don't click the thread. It's not your job to police the forums, if the mods, whose job it is, do have a problem they will let him know. Stop being an internet nerd.

I am being told from competing site JI

2 centers since 1995 have been drafted in rd

Damien Woody and jeff faine

I like Mangold but.... 95% of the NFL Centers are drafted in later rounds.

I'm not sure taking him was the wisest of choices.

Addai, Demeco and Mcneil would have been better choices IMO

If you can get a stud that will anchor your line for the next 10 years, you need to jump on him. He was selected at the end of the first, not top 10 so I don't see it being a big issue. The pick got good reviews from all of the so-called experts and I haven't seen anything that would make me second guess the pick.

If you can get a stud that will anchor your line for the next 10 years, you need to jump on him. He was selected at the end of the first, not top 10 so I don't see it being a big issue. The pick got good reviews from all of the so-called experts and I haven't seen anything that would make me second guess the pick.

My point is, i believe Center is one of the easiest position to fill

Look at patsies, Woody wanted to get paid, C Ya

Draft Koppen in rd 3, When Koppen gets hurt, they plug in Russ F'n Hochstein

Give me a break

Jeff Saturday i believe was an undrafted free agent from UNC

My point is, i believe Center is one of the easiest position to fill

Look at patsies, Woody wanted to get paid, C Ya

Draft Koppen in rd 3, When Koppen gets hurt, they plug in Russ F'n Hochstein

Give me a break

Jeff Saturday i believe was an undrafted free agent from UNC

And so is the RB position, yet you wanted to take Addai there instead? Cmon.

Mangold is a stud, assmop. He was the BAP at that spot, no doubt about it.

RBs get taken in the first round all the time. When people say it is easy to fill they mean a first round back can come in and play well right away, not that you are guaranteed to find a good back in later rounds. You won't be finding LTs and APs in later rounds usually.

I like mangold, but Addai would look better...we have not replaced Curtis..

helloo!!!!! TJ can't even cross the goal line once

Mcneil on the other side is a big upgrade over Clement.

WE could have drafted Eslinger in rd 5, i believe

RBs get taken in the first round all the time. When people say it is easy to fill they mean a first round back can come in and play well right away, not that you are guaranteed to find a good back in later rounds. You won't be finding LTs and APs in later rounds usually.

I think assmop is saying that a center is a position easy to fill in the middle rounds or even UDFA. Thats why he brought up Koppen and Saturday, who were middle rd picks or UDFAs.

History says that a great running back can be found after the 1st rd, just like assmop claims the center position can be. So, if he didnt want to take Mangold because C is a supposed easy position to fill (and it isnt), then he prob should not have said he would have taken Addai (A Running back) instead because the RB position can be filled with middle round guys just as often if not more often, than the C position.

I like mangold, but Addai would look better...we have not replaced Curtis..

helloo!!!!! TJ can't even cross the goal line once

Mcneil on the other side is a big upgrade over Clement.

WE could have drafted Eslinger in rd 5, i believe

Addai would be utter garbage behind this Oline, esp if it lacked Mangold who is far and away our best run blocker.

Eslinger has bounced around the league and never started a single game.

I think assmop is saying that a center is a position easy to fill in the middle rounds or even UDFA. Thats why he brought up Koppen and Saturday, who were middle rd picks or UDFAs.

History says that a great running back can be found after the 1st rd, just like assmop claims the center position can be. So, if he didnt want to take Mangold because C is a supposed easy position to fill (and it isnt), then he prob should not have said he would have taken Addai (A Running back) instead because the RB position can be filled with middle round guys just as often if not more often, than the C position.

IF center position isn't so easy.then why in the F have only 2 been picked in the 1st rd since 1995, if you went back further. i bet the total would not be

greater than 5.

If we had taken Mcneil/Ryans or Addai, this team would be in better shape,

That is my Opinion

If it bothers you so much don't click the thread. It's not your job to police the forums, if the mods, whose job it is, do have a problem they will let him know. Stop being an internet nerd.

oh yeah, my bad, i bow to you.

he started two threads on the same thing...no one was reponding...either way, i really could care less...

mangold - great pick

addai - wouldn't be even close to as good on the jets, he's a product of the system...i suppose had we picked up kenton keith he'd have had 3 TD's in a game for us because he is that good. I also suppose Edge is now terrible since he hasn't done much in the desert.

or maybe its because our O-line sucks...

i'll stop being a nerd, sorry sir. Let me know next time i can post, thanks.

oh yeah, my bad, i bow to you.

he started two threads on the same thing...no one was reponding...either way, i really could care less...

mangold - great pick

addai - wouldn't be even close to as good on the jets, he's a product of the system...i suppose had we picked up kenton keith he'd have had 3 TD's in a game for us because he is that good. I also suppose Edge is now terrible since he hasn't done much in the desert.

or maybe its because our O-line sucks...

i'll stop being a nerd, sorry sir. Let me know next time i can post, thanks.

EDGE was on the decline in INDY, that is why Polian let him go

All 3 would have been better picks...sorry Centers are a dime a dozen.

Eslinger has started for Cinn. Look it up.

He's never even been a Bengal, lol. He has never started a game in the NFL. I dont think he's played a single snap, lol.

And there have only been a few centers picked in the 1st rd because it is rare to find a guy that good at the C position. People called Mangold the best center prospect in the last 10 years when he came out of college. And based on his play thus far, I believe they were correct.

He's never even been a Bengal, lol. He has never started a game in the NFL. I dont think he's played a single snap, lol.

And there have only been a few centers picked in the 1st rd because it is rare to find a guy that good at the C position. People called Mangold the best center prospect in the last 10 years when he came out of college. And based on his play thus far, I believe they were correct.

damnit barton. We should have spent that pick on Best Receiver available...my oh my, who was that? Oh yeah, the guy that is on the PUP or the IR list every season, and if isn't there, he is dropping passes.

ask your favorite pats fan who i'm talking about.

Mangold was a great pick, we had just lost a pro bowl center, and immediatly replaced him with the same skill set.

Not sure why people don't like him?

I like Mangold. He's probably our best player on the O-line right now. He's a better pick than Brick was, although I don't think it's fair to kill the FO over that pick either. But assmop's point is correct in a way, Mangold and especially Brick can't be considered GREAT picks. I've personally said they are the safe picks, picks that you can't lose your job over but if you want to keep it you're going to have to do better somewhere else.

We need Gs this year. We better not take them in the first round though because that is pretty retarded. Same deal with an RT. There are some positions you just should not waste first rounders on. If we are in position to draft Run DMC, which it looks like we will be, passing up on him because we think the O-line is bad (it is) is a terrible reason--the positions we need should be handled in FA or later rounds. Maybe its moot though, maybe the Pats will just take him, while we take I dunno, maybe another TE or something. That would probably annoy me greatly.

Didn't the Seahawks draft someone around 3 years ago ?

Spencer ?

I don't know I could be wrong.

you are correct.. add 1 center to list

I'm not complaining about Mangold...He is a good player

Just that we have so many needs and there were some really good

players on the board.

2nd rounder

I understand the point, but I'm not a big fan of this idea. The pick is made. You either like the player or you don't. Every draft is different. Each is deep or shallow at certain positions and sometimes if you wait there'll be a run on the position. For instance, this year the top two centers went on consecutive picks. The guys from Hawaii and USC, think it was in the 2nd though. If you wait to fill the spot because there may be a late rounder/UDFA that can fill it you can end up with Adrien Clarke starting at G.

It kind of reminds me of rating guys from the Herm/Bradway era based upon draft position. Nugent being a 2nd round pick is irrelevant, he's just a kicker. Keep him until you find a better one. Same with every other position.

Archived