Ben Graham question

NIGHT STALKER

I can remember camp reports a few years ago that this guy was booming kicks like 60 yards and his punts were difficult to catch...what happened? I can't recall the last time this guy sent one into orbit and I don't see any punt returners having difficulties handling his punts.

Are you guys satisfied with him? He doesn't seem to be anything special to me. I figured I would lay off the core players, there's been enough bashing of them and figured I would pick on the Aussie.

honestly, i like ben graham. people might have gotten used to his kicks because it was such a big thing when he first got here. i remember a game he shouldered the guy on the other team after the play and it was actually shown on tv but there was no call. that was pretty cool

im sure people will be saying its the least of our problems.. and it probably is but this beats talking about what everyone else is freaking out about.

I can remember camp reports a few years ago that this guy was booming kicks like 60 yards and his punts were difficult to catch...what happened? I can't recall the last time this guy sent one into orbit and I don't see any punt returners having difficulties handling his punts.

Are you guys satisfied with him? He doesn't seem to be anything special to me. I figured I would lay off the core players, there's been enough bashing of them and figured I would pick on the Aussie.

I thought he was great last year,but this year it seems like everyone has played worsw then their previous season,and i'm not kidding.

NS- he did have them pinned in the five against the boys, Wright messed it up, but still.

I like him as a punter, no one returns his punts for large chunks of yards, and he doesn't shank it too often. I can't say i put much emphasis on the position. I think it is one spot almost all of us would agree is a dime a dozen. (unless you have a really bad one, the dude from OSU cut by the Packers, name?)

Keep in mind when he's booming them it's 90* at training camp. Now it's 35-40* at a game... even if he was hitting the exact same kicks they wouldn't go as far... Combine that with game situations/etc, and that may be most of the reason.

However, I agree, people aren't mishandling his punts. Why? Everyone in the NFL punts like that now so it's not uncommon. Watch a lot of punters when they are kicking around midfield... They're all doing it like Graham. Since it' shappening more, the returners are used to it.

Hey, I'll be at the game next week...if he (nuge) misses a game winning field against the fins, I might personally hang his little ass.

bring a rifle with a scope NS and paint your face in camouflage-nobody will even notice-they'll think you're painted in Jets colors

hanging INSTEAD of firing squad at dawn FG?

I have nothing personal against firing squads, I just thought with a player hanging in the end zone, it might inspire the other players.

I'm not against a compromise. First shoot em, then hang em.

I am just kidding by the way.

I think

I have nothing personal against firing squads, I just thought with a player hanging in the end zone, it might inspire the other players.

I'm not against a compromise. First shoot em, then hang em.

I am just kidding by the way.

I think

Damn, and here I was getting ready to go black ops. I am very disappointed....:confused0082:

NS- he did have them pinned in the five against the boys, Wright messed it up, but still.

That was a great kick. It was a drop punt (Aussie Rules: end over end) but the Jets coverage team screwed it up.

From the limited amount of Jets games I've seen this season it looks like he is struggling with his big kicks. That's weird because he was one of the biggest kicks in Aussie Rules football.

Archived