If Pennington has anything to be proud of...

Blackout

he's had more seasons with a passer rating of 100 or better than Brett Favre

If Pennington has anything to be proud of...

It's that he's a positive role model, on and off the field. Regardless of what's on the horizon for Pennington as far as the NFL is concerned; he can lay his head on his pillow at night knowing he did the right thing. Any team will benefit by his presence, but quite frankly, I hope he stays with the Jets as a player coach. Highly unlikely, but I'm hoping anyway.

it is due to his penchant for HIGH PROBABILITY passing. Chad throws a lot to his RB ( 5 yards a pop) Brett throws it down field 40 to 50 yards trying to score. I wonder which QB will be in the Hall of Fame!

Yup. We wouldn't consider bogus stats like TD passes and such.

Do you mean the 57 TD's and 47 INT's since 2003? I wouldn't call those stats bogus I would call them mediocre.

He must have mistyped or misunderstood, honestly. Theres no way you can use touchdowns as a plus for Chad and a negative for Brett Favre.

jerry rice has the record for most tds in a season by a WR in only 12 games

one is a rate per game; the other is gross quantity.

It makes Rice's record all the more impressive & Chad's rating less impressive. Who's to say he would have had equal qb rating success the other games really? Chad's rating might have gone up & it might have gone down. With 4 more games, Rice's record could only go up.

In short...apples & oranges.

one is a rate per game; the other is gross quantity.

It makes Rice's record all the more impressive & Chad's rating less impressive. Who's to say he would have had equal qb rating success the other games really? Chad's rating might have gone up & it might have gone down. With 4 more games, Rice's record could only go up.

In short...apples & oranges.

The only thing Chad apologists had going for them was QB rating. Everyone knows that the QB rating system is flawed.

For me, TD to INT ratio is the only thing that matters in evaluating QB's.

The only thing Chad apologists had going for them was QB rating. Everyone knows that the QB rating system is flawed.

For me, TD to INT ratio is the only thing that matters in evaluating QB's.

Favre's isn't very good. He does have the TD record but he also has the INT record. I mean it's okay I think but it's not like Peyton's for instance.

Favre's isn't very good. He does have the TD record but he also has the INT record. I mean it's okay I think but it's not like Peyton's for instance.

I was talking more about the last 5 or 6 years. The rules have been changed to favour the offenses so having a good TD to INT ratio is everything for a QB in my book.

I was talking more about the last 5 or 6 years. The rules have been changed to favour the offenses so having a good TD to INT ratio is everything for a QB in my book.

Well the past 6 years is kind of why Favre has so many INTs.

Edit-I just looked at the stats. Outside of a 29 INT performance just a few years ago, his TD to INT is actually pretty good since he usually throws so many TDs too. He has a pretty solid ratio. A few bad season littered along his career but I'd rather have that than a guy that can't throw TDs at all.

hehe, I edited my post like a minute before you posted that gainzo! too late! :P

Just saw that :)

I still think that the QB rating is a BS way to rank QB's.

Is an INT returned for a TD worse than a regular INT? Of course it is, but the QB rating formula doesn't care about that.

Not to mention an INT that clangs off of a receivers hands or the old hail mary INT.

So if he retired after 10-11 seasons then he was a good QB?

Most interceptions & he also has the most pass attempts. I don't see how he wasn't "very good" - if he isn't, then how many QB's have been very good in your opinion? Do you think there have been even a dozen good ones in NFL history?

So if he retired after 10-11 seasons then he was a good QB?

Most interceptions & he also has the most pass attempts. I don't see how he wasn't "very good" - if he isn't, then how many QB's have been very good in your opinion? Do you think there have been even a dozen good ones in NFL history?

No need to call out serphnx. He saw the stats I mentioned about Favre and recanted the statement you quoted.

Just saw that :)

I still think that the QB rating is a BS way to rank QB's.

Is an INT returned for a TD worse than a regular INT? Of course it is, but the QB rating formula doesn't care about that.

Not to mention an INT that clangs off of a receivers hands or the old hail mary INT.

You know, Gainzo, that is not a very good argument for using TD-INT ratio as the end all, be all of QB stats.

If it's not that then what is it?

There is no end all, be all.

TD-INT ratio doesn't measure pick sixes, either. It also doesn't take tipped passes or Hail Marys INTs nto equation.

I agree QB rating is meaningless, but I have absolutely no idea where you were coming from with that post. In trying to put a chink in the armor of QB rating, you merely mentioned negatives about TD-INT ratio.

You want a negative about QB rating? It is far too heavily weighed by completion %, which allows ****ty QBs like Chad Pennington to have all-time great ratings.

Archived