Aaron Rodgers

Lady Jet

Didn't see the game, (I don't have NFL network) but just following via computer, it seems he played very well, well enough to deserve a shot.

What's up with Favre's arm? If it's not too serious, is it likely they'll give Rodgers the reins this year, since Favre's been playing so well?

Rodgers did play very well but there is no way in hell the Packers are going to bench Favre as long as he can play. In his press conference he said that he had the same injury that he had against the Patriots last season. Hit a nerve in his elbow and his fingers went numb. He also suffered a seperated left shoulder on the same play.

there is no way in hell the Packers are going to bench Favre as long as he can play.

Yeah, I kinda figure that too.

But, what if Favre decides he's not going to retire after this year either? I don't know his contract status, but I'd doubt he'd want to sit behind him a fourth year. Someone will want to give him a chance.

Rodgers showed up big time last nite...if it wasn't for a bogus PI call late in the 4th, I think the Pack would have pulled it out. I really hate when refs determine the games.

That was a pretty poor call, not sure the packers would have won it, but it certainly would have been closer.

The scary part about the game was that Harris got dominated for the most part. It doesn't land all on him, the safeties are hitters and that's about it. Good news is, McCarthy is smart enough to know that you rest your studs in the regular season, instead of rushing guys like woodson back when you could lose him for the year. This will be a different Packer team coming to Dallas in a few months.

As for Rogers. Holy ****. Can you say trade bait? It just doesn't seem that Favre is ever going to hang them up.

What happens now if Favre misses a 3 or 4 games injured while Rodgers does nothing but impress while winning out??

QB controversy maybe???

Looks like Favre is on track to start next week. Rogers played well last night but he looks like a hippie circa 1973!

Looks like Favre is on track to start next week. Rogers played well last night but he looks like a hippie circa 1973!

LOL, yeah just saw that. have to admit I feel sorry for the guy, when he came he was sure that Favre would have retired at the end of his rookie season, 3 years later and he still has to back him up. The kid obviously has talent too and with that young developing Green Bay team I really think they would have been better off passing the reigns down to him sooner rather than later. Playing with a team like that so young could have done wonders for his development.

LOL, yeah just saw that. have to admit I feel sorry for the guy, when he came he was sure that Favre would have retired at the end of his rookie season, 3 years later and he still has to back him up. The kid obviously has talent too and with that young developing Green Bay team I really think they would have been better off passing the reigns down to him sooner rather than later. Playing with a team like that so young could have done wonders for his development.

Favre was having a great season up until last night when he reverted to '05 & '06 Favre. This really should be his final season.

If he plays one more year he may go out like Marino did in '99 when Marino threw for less than 100 yards and a couple of picks in a 62-7 playoff loss to the Jags.

rodgers had a fluke game i doubt they game planned for him that being dallas

I wouldn't say he had a fluke game. He was a pretty good prospect coming out of college. He showed a lot of good poise and really got the Packers back in it. He completed 11 passes in a row vs a very Cowboys defence, for a QB coming off of the bench and down by 17 points, that is very impressive.

Archived