Mangini you lost the game

4HCrew

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the kind of anger and frustration with the CS that I felt weeks ago when I went on an extended rant aout mangina and his co-ords.

Today doesnt shock me, since I already had lost faith in his gameday decisions, as well as the halftime adjustments and personnel stuff. Sorry.

Way to go you genius... game management, clock management...just like Herm way to go! Same old friggin Jets...

His management was very unique..... I'll say that. It was NOT like Herm though.

When we went up 17-12, and didn't make the 2 pointer, while I would not have kicked an OSK, I can live with it.

Ok, so now it's 4th and 10.. and we kick an FG...... That was shocking to me.. especially with 3TOs left. I'd rather be down 17-12 with them with the ball on their 20 then down 17-15 with them on our 40. So I thought this was dumb.

Ok,so we decide to make the FG... now you HAVE TO kick it deep. You just HAVE TO. That was bonehead.

Ok, so now it's 24-15, kicking that FG there with 40 seconds to go was GENIUS actually. More coaches should do this. We could spend the entire game there trying to get a TD and get one on the last play.. YAY, we still lose. By kicking there, atleast, while it would be unlikely, we had a chance to get an OSK, and score...

Hey BP... care to bash 4H as well... or you dont have some lame reasoning for it so you cant?

I am not the only one who can see Mangini is a fraud... everyone will catch on... it takes time... hopefully not as long as it took with herm...

Hey BP... care to bash 4H as well... or you dont have some lame reasoning for it so you cant?

I am not the only one who can see Mangini is a fraud... everyone will catch on... it takes time... hopefully not as long as it took with herm...

I have a bad feeling our FO will have too much faith in him and things will only get worse.

I have a bad feeling our FO will have too much faith in him and things will only get worse.

Just like last time... sucks

Took most people a couple years to figure Herm out... seems like Mangini is somehow getting a longer leash... you would think after just getting burnt by a dumb coach JETS fans would get smart about it... but here they are giving another wannabe too long of a chance...

Just like last time... sucks

Took most people a couple years to figure Herm out... seems like Mangini is somehow getting a longer leash... you would think after just getting burnt by a dumb coach JETS fans would get smart about it... but here they are giving another wannabe too long of a chance...

He will be back next year, thats a cert IMO.

If he doesn't produce next season and our FO continue to give him extra chances then we are ****ed!!!

Kicking the FG was the right call instead of going for it on 4th and 10. Mangini made the correct call there.

Really?

What are the odds of getting an onside recovery? Surely they arent as good as converting one pass...

Aslo what made him think he could recover multiple onside kicks consecutively...

Kicking the FG was the right call instead of going for it on 4th and 10. Mangini made the correct call there.

How???

Seriously, don't you trust your boy Clemens to make 10 frickin yards against the worst pass D in the league?????

It was an awful call, the chances of recovering a 2nd on-side kick is very slim, at least on 4th and 10 it's less of a coin toos type desicion. It's more in your control that way.

You guys ARE all pathetic bandwagon jumpers.

Listen, remember back when Mangini was hired? When he told us that there are going to be tough times ahead where it may seem we're going in the wrong direction?

Remember how we all accepted that, because we had faith in him to get it done in the long run? Remember that?

If we fire Mangini, who do we hire? Cowher probably wouldnt take the job and now not only do we have a crappy team, but we'd have a crappy team with no, or even a worse coach. By the way, not even Cowher would be able to get this team to the SB if he's not given at least three or four years IMO.

Listen, remember back when Mangini was hired? When he told us that there are going to be tough times ahead where it may seem we're going in the wrong direction?

Remember how we all accepted that, because we had faith in him to get it done in the long run? Remember that?

If we fire Mangini, who do we hire? Cowher probably wouldnt take the job and now not only do we have a crappy team, but we'd have a crappy team with no, or even a worse coach. By the way, not even Cowher would be able to get this team to the SB if he's not given at least three or four years IMO.

I agree.

Really?

What are the odds of getting an onside recovery? Surely they arent as good as converting one pass...

Aslo what made him think he could recover multiple onside kicks consecutively...

We were down 24-15, we'd have to get an OSK recovery even if we scored. And you critisize Mangini of being dumb.](*,)

The main problem I have is that we seem to be headed in the wrong direction wheras other 2nd year HC's (McCarthy, Kubiak, Jauron, Marrinelli, Childress) all seem to have their teams headed in the right direction. I don't like were we're seemingly going under Mangini.

Really?

Yet, if the defense makes the stop on 3rd and 4 we get the ball back on offense and have the last chance to win the game with a minute to play with.

If we went for it on 4th and 10 (highly unlikely it is converted considering its wet, the browns are bringing a heavy blitz, Coles and Cotch are dinged up etc etc) and we failed to convert then the game would be right over then and there.

By going with the 3 points, we kept our chances alive by putting it in the hands of our defense (who had done the job on the previous series by forcing the browns offense to go 3-and-out). The D couldnt make the stop, Lewis ran it in, game.

The screw up IMO was running the ball on 1st and 10 on the series where we ended up kicking the FG making it 17-15. We had the browns on their heels, and yes we were running it with Jones with success at the time, but that call really took the wind out of our sails because Jones got stuffed for no gain. Too predictable. A pass play there would have been a better call, but who knows for sure.

I still really like what I saw out of Clemens in the 4th quarter - again. It was crunch time and he started to really look good. A lucky break here and we win this game and he's a hero. Thats been our story this season.

We were down 24-15, we'd have to get an OSK recovery even if we scored. And you critisize Mangini of being dumb.](*,)

wtf are you talking about?

It was 17-15 when the JETS kicked their second OSK...

They scored a TD... kicked an OSK... then scored a FG... and kicked an OSK...

Do you watch the game?

Yet, if the defense makes the stop on 3rd and 4 we get the ball back on offense and have the last chance to win the game with a minute to play with.

If we went for it on 4th and 10 (highly unlikely it is converted considering its wet, the browns are bringing a heavy blitz, Coles and Cotch are dinged up etc etc) and we failed to convert then the game would be right over then and there.

By going with the 3 points, we kept our chances alive by putting it in the hands of our defense (who had done the job on the previous series by forcing the browns offense to go 3-and-out). The D couldnt make the stop, Lewis ran it in, game.

The screw up IMO was running the ball on 1st and 10 on the series where we ended up kicking the FG making it 17-15. We had the browns on their heels, and yes we were running it with Jones with success at the time, but that call really took the wind out of our sails because Jones got stuffed for no gain. Too predictable. A pass play there would have been a better call, but who knows for sure.

I still really like what I saw out of Clemens in the 4th quarter - again. It was crunch time and he started to really look good. A lucky break here and we win this game and he's a hero. Thats been our story this season.

No matter what way you look at it 4th and 10 is reasonable enough no matter what the weather is like. It was the correct call to make.

Was it raining the whole game?

The main problem I have is that we seem to be headed in the wrong direction wheras other 2nd year HC's (McCarthy, Kubiak, Jauron, Marrinelli, Childress) all seem to have their teams headed in the right direction. I don't like were we're seemingly going under Mangini.

"...When he told us that there are going to be tough times ahead where it may seem we're going in the wrong direction?..."

Give it time, if we're not deep playoff contenders by 09/10 then maybe we can pull the plug.

"...When he told us that there are going to be tough times ahead where it may seem we're going in the wrong direction?..."

Give it time, if we're not deep playoff contenders by 09/10 then maybe we can pull the plug.

How about just showing some improvement in at least some aspects of his coaching year to year? Mangini has gotten worse...

No matter what way you look at it 4th and 10 is reasonable enough no matter what the weather is like. It was the correct call to make.

4th and 10 under those circumstances, might as well have been 4th and 30. It wasnt going to happen. It was 4th and 10 for a reason, the 3 previous plays we got zero yardage. The browns had our number on that series. Besides, we probably would have called a fade route and it would have been an incomplete pass. :bag:

Oh, sorry, I mustve missed that part of the game, I thought you were reffering to the decision at the very end of the game.

My bad.

lol... nice try... this was the very end of the game

The JETS scored and brought it to 17-12 (down by 5)

Kicked an OSK... recovered... and scored a FG (instead of going for it on 4th and 10)... kicked an OSK... didnt recover.... then scored another FG.. kicked an OSK and didnt recover...

Mangini screwed up... he has to play for the win NOW... not the chance to win LATER...

4th and 10 under those circumstances, might as well have been 4th and 30. It wasnt going to happen. It was 4th and 10 for a reason, the 3 previous plays we got zero yardage. The browns had our number on that series. Besides, we probably would have called a fade route and it would have been an incomplete pass. :bag:

If they cant complete a 10 yard play... they cant recover 3 onside kicks...

The point is... he was playing for a slim chance at winning... rather than playing for the win with it only being a few plays away...

Look, I dont know what the hell you are talking about. 10 yrds is nothing out of the ordinary no matter what the conditions. We needed to be more aggresive, like we have needed to be all season. IMO in that scenario you send Cotch or Coles over the middle and trust one of your palymakers to make a play.

An on-side kick was just too improbable I'm afraid. not to mention the fact that even if it is recovered your gonna need a heck of a lot more than 10 yrds to make something happen.

Exactly, and I missed the 4th and 10.

So I thought you were reffering to this part of the statement:

"and scored a FG (instead of going for it on 4th and 10)... kicked an OSK... didnt recover.... then scored another FG.. kicked an OSK and didnt recover... "

When in reality you were reffering to: and scored a FG (instead of going for it on 4th and 10)... kicked an OSK... didnt recover.... then scored another FG.. kicked an OSK and didnt recover...

I misunderstood you, my bad.

Archived