Mangini you lost the game

4HCrew

Hey BP... care to bash 4H as well... or you dont have some lame reasoning for it so you cant?

I am not the only one who can see Mangini is a fraud... everyone will catch on... it takes time... hopefully not as long as it took with herm...

Nah...We will pick on the guy who doesn't show up until he can bash the coaching staff because the sole reason he is a JETS fan is sitting on the bench. You're an easy target and very predictable.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look, I dont know what the hell you are talking about. 10 yrds is nothing out of the ordinary no matter what the conditions. We needed to be more aggresive, like we have needed to be all season. IMO in that scenario you send Cotch or Coles over the middle and trust one of your palymakers to make a play.

An on-side kick was just too improbable I'm afraid. not to mention the fact that even if it is recovered your gonna need a heck of a lot more than 10 yrds to make something happen.

We didnt even need an onside kick. All we needed was the defense to force a 3 and out after the FG. They couldnt do it, so we lost. And 10 yards is A LOT especially in the redzone, in wet conditions with the Oline letting a 4 man rush get to the QB on a 3 step drop every time. It was not going to happen.

what no defenders tonight? what are you all in bed? what a god damn joke today was..another step backwards typical jets style..the names change but the results dont

Yeah dude. I have to say, it has to be hard tonight even for the most staunch mangini supporter here to stick up for the coaching staff. They gave up and mailed it in.

:bag:head coach

:bag::bag:O andD coordinators

:bag:x45 players on roster

:bag:x5,000 or so fans that sat and got soaked waiting until the final buzzer to go off and were subjected to the sham at the end

We didnt even need an onside kick. All we needed was the defense to force a 3 and out after the FG. They couldnt do it, so we lost. And 10 yards is A LOT especially in the redzone, in wet conditions with the Oline letting a 4 man rush get to the QB on a 3 step drop every time. It was not going to happen.

Then why kick the onside kick? Even if the defense stopped the Browns on 3rd and 4, the Browns were still in FG range.. If they made it, it's back to a 5 point game and the Jets need a TD to win again.. Making the FG pointless.

If they had a plan and going for the FG made sense, than kick the ball into the endzone, make the Browns start from the 20 and hope the defense holds them to 3 and out.

Either way, going for 4th and 10 or kicking an onside kick after you just recovered one onside kick makes no sense.

It wouldn't make sense much, but at least it would seem like a plan if they kicked it deep instead of attempting another onside kick. At that point it just looked like the coaching staff had no clue.

We were down 24-15, we'd have to get an OSK recovery even if we scored. And you critisize Mangini of being dumb.](*,)

umm, no. Ecurb is talking about when we were down 17-12 and mangini kicked the field goal instead of going for it on 4th down at 1:48 left on the clev 20 yard line AFTER we had already recovered an onside kick.

1 if you want to stick to the high percentage and kick the field goal instead of going for it, then why on earth would you abandon the percentages and go for a second onside kick in a row??? Answer, no faith in KC and poor judgement all around

2 why is it a better idea to kick the fg when you need 5 points to tie and pray for the second onside kick recovery in a row but chance them getting possession on our 40 yd line, then to risk going for it on their 20 to take the lead but at worst risking them getting the ball on their own 11-20 if we didn't get it? Me, i would risk not making the 1st down or scoring and giving them the ball on the 20 rather then give them the ball on our 40 risking an onside kick, and as it bore out my reasoning is correct.

4th and 10 under those circumstances, might as well have been 4th and 30. It wasnt going to happen. It was 4th and 10 for a reason, the 3 previous plays we got zero yardage. The browns had our number on that series. Besides, we probably would have called a fade route and it would have been an incomplete pass. :bag:

haha, you know there is a smartass kc/cp comment i could make here, lol

umm, no. Ecurb is talking about when we were down 17-12 and mangini kicked the field goal instead of going for it on 4th down at 1:48 left on the clev 20 yard line AFTER we had already recovered an onside kick.

1 if you want to stick to the high percentage and kick the field goal instead of going for it, then why on earth would you abandon the percentages and go for a second onside kick in a row??? Answer, no faith in KC and poor judgement all around

2 why is it a better idea to kick the fg when you need 5 points to tie and pray for the second onside kick recovery in a row but chance them getting possession on our 40 yd line, then to risk going for it on their 20 to take the lead but at worst risking them getting the ball on their own 11-20 if we didn't get it? Me, i would risk not making the 1st down or scoring and giving them the ball on the 20 rather then give them the ball on our 40 risking an onside kick, and as it bore out my reasoning is correct.

It makes no sense Anybody defending this coaching staff in the last 2 minutes of this game either are related to them or are drinking way too much of their kool aid.

I guess if somebody goes to a restaurant bought out by new owners and the first time the food is good, but the next 10 times it's not so good, gets worse, then one time it is good, then the next time it's horrible, eventually you start to think they aren't very good....

This coaching staff should get another season, but if they continue to make the same mistakes and continue to play inconsistent from week to week, you start to get into the Herm mentality of they never really improve but have a ok season now and again but nothing more.

Hey BP... care to bash 4H as well... or you dont have some lame reasoning for it so you cant?

I am not the only one who can see Mangini is a fraud... everyone will catch on... it takes time... hopefully not as long as it took with herm...

you remind me of clinton portis

PORTIS: "There are 18 guys better than me in the NFL? I dont even know 18 guys in the NFL"

I am here and I will defend them. It would NOT have been my first choice, but it wasn't an insane way to handle things either. They kicked the FG and if the D could stop a washed up RB on 3rd and 4 when the world knew the Browns COULD NOT and WOULD NOT throw we get the ball back. The reason they try the second onside kick there is simple: I don't recall the exact stats, but surprise onside kicks are about 70% successful, expected onside kicks something like 18%. By trying the onside again in that situation the odds are certainly somewhat better than the 18%. As for the second FG, are people complaining about that? That made perfect sense in the situation as far as I can tell.

Like I said, I am not a fan of doing it that way, but it wasn't insane or Herm-like at all. If it were an example of any problem of Mangini's it is being too cute and thinking you can outsmart everybody. Those are his problems, not stupidity. A Herm like play was Romeo's D not paying attention TWICE for quick snaps near the goal line. That's a disgrace.

I am here and I will defend them. It would NOT have been my first choice, but it wasn't an insane way to handle things either. They kicked the FG and if the D could stop a washed up RB on 3rd and 4 when the world knew the Browns COULD NOT and WOULD NOT throw we get the ball back. The reason they try the second onside kick there is simple: I don't recall the exact stats, but surprise onside kicks are about 70% successful, expected onside kicks something like 18%. By trying the onside again in that situation the odds are certainly somewhat better than the 18%. As for the second FG, are people complaining about that? That made perfect sense in the situation as far as I can tell.

Like I said, I am not a fan of doing it that way, but it wasn't insane or Herm-like at all. If it were an example of any problem of Mangini's it is being too cute and thinking you can outsmart everybody. Those are his problems, not stupidity. A Herm like play was Romeo's D not paying attention TWICE for quick snaps near the goal line. That's a disgrace.

i agree. mangini maybe be a stuborn ass but his team is coached for every situation. in the end its players who win the game not coaches

u people just want a fairy to come in and magically make everything ok. well this is not a fairy tale world. your team sucks this year u take it like a man stop bitching about it

I don't agree that they had a good offseason. Acquiring Clarke was "acquiring a starter" and that is not a move I'd give a gold star. OTOH, I couldn't agree more with the sentiment to take it like a man and stop bitching.

I don't agree that they had a good offseason. Acquiring Clarke was "acquiring a starter" and that is not a move I'd give a gold star. OTOH, I couldn't agree more with the sentiment to take it like a man and stop bitching.

I'm sick of "taking it like a man". I'm sick of settling for this crap. Mangini is turning into Herman ****ing Edwards!!!!

Dude, we're 3- and ****ing 10. Just because they are ****ing starting doesnt mean they're good.:roll:

adrian clarke is the only signing that was subpar. 4 out of 5 aint bad

This is the kind of anger and frustration with the CS that I felt weeks ago when I went on an extended rant aout mangina and his co-ords.

Today doesnt shock me, since I already had lost faith in his gameday decisions, as well as the halftime adjustments and personnel stuff. Sorry.

I completely agree with you. I have strong doubts about Mangreeni at the present time. I know some want to only balme the players etc but there is a growing body of evidence that suggests that MANGREENI is NOT ready to be a HC yet. True he needs several players and that could improve his stock! Yet it was he who dumped Kendall and would not spend a dime for a real OG. That is but an example of what has gone wrong this year. His lack of wise gameday decisions are more proof!

I agree the coaching decisions at crunch time cost us -- I am not ready to fire magidiot yet - But the Honeymoon is long over --

REasons why we lost -- not in specific order IMO

1 - Horrible Horrible INT early by Clemons

2- Olline not pushing Cle defence back on the goalline -- a common problem

3- Revis getting schooled like the rookie he is -- he was terrible today

4- 2 out of 3 was bad -- you know what I mean

5- questionable playcalling =- duh

6 - WTF blame the weather

The only issue I had with his end of game playcalling was not kicking deep after kicking the field goal to get to 17-15. We had 3 TO's still, so kick deep, hope the D holds them, then get the ball around the 30 and need to go 40 yards for the win. Other than just that, he actually managed the end of the game quite well and gavew us numerous chances to win the game.

The only issue I had with his end of game playcalling was not kicking deep after kicking the field goal to get to 17-15. We had 3 TO's still, so kick deep, hope the D holds them, then get the ball around the 30 and need to go 40 yards for the win. Other than just that, he actually managed the end of the game quite well and gavew us numerous chances to win the game.

Didn't they kick it deep and have it go out of bounds? I think they may have tried to onside kick as a (partial) surprise. I know the Browns had to be expecting it might come, but that's not the same as KNOWING it's coming. Doesn't mean it was the right move, but it may have played a part.

Didn't they kick it deep and have it go out of bounds? I think they may have tried to onside kick as a (partial) surprise. I know the Browns had to be expecting it might come, but that's not the same as KNOWING it's coming. Doesn't mean it was the right move, but it may have played a part.

No, they tried to kick it hard at a Browns player. It didn't hit one of them and eventually went out of bounds. They should have just kicked off conventionally.

Mangini....IS NOT A HEAD COACH.

The guy is a joke. Let's face it Jet fans, we've been fooled freakin again!

Here is to the freakin beatin we will get at the hands of all teams...the Pats and Belly.

Here is to a 3-13 season.

Here is to all the Jets fans that blindly supported mangini, when a small portion of us said let's wait and see before we start calling him the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I just hope the Pats do us in good and that in my opinion will be the final straw to Mangini's HC tenure here.....he is simply not ready to be a head coach. Come on guys, it's not that difficult to see it.

Archived