Kellen Clemens

4HCrew

Before we go ripping him he is a work in progress..lets not forget he has minimal game experience..this stuff happens same time next year then we panic..but it was weird threw the same ints chad did hmmmm :character42:

Clemens' worst habit is that he throws off his back foot too much, that's his main problem.

Clemens' worst habit is that he throws off his back foot too much, that's his main problem.

Kinda like eli manning. He also has to learn that he can take a sack and not throw it anywhere. Also not to hold the ball and when to throw it away. Those things take time and Im sure it will be better next year.

The jury is out on Kellen. He is getting experience right now, that is the important thing. He has done some good things, some bad.

My biggest concern? His blind spots. He seems to have two blind sides. He got blindsided by a guy right in front of him today. He has to work on that a bit.

He has a lot of trouble picking up blitzes or anticipating them but some people have to realise that these things are expected out of a young QB that really has been put in a horrible situation in which any QB would struggle. The playcalling needs to improve to help him out a little.

After 16 games next season we should get an idea what kind of QB KC can or can not be... I'm not really worried about KC at this point.. I mean I don't know if he's good or bad yet, but my bigger concern is that this coaching staff really don't seem to improve their players..

Mangold and DBrick aren't better than last season. Who knows if Revis or Harris will be good next season.... Good coaching staffs find ways to improve their players.... I'm not so sure anybody on this staff is good at that.

His accuracy concerns me, thats something that generally doesnt improve. You either have it or you dont (see eli manning) and right now Clemens's passes are a little too haywire for my liking.

How is accuracy something that doesn't improve?????

Did you watch Peyton Manning in his rookie year???

:confused0088::confused0088::confused0088:

How is accuracy something that doesn't improve?????

Did you watch Peyton Manning in his rookie year???

:confused0088::confused0088::confused0088:

From what I remember of Manning's rookie year his accuracy ws a heck of a lot better than Clemens'. I mean Clemens was throwing bounce passes out there today.

Again, I said "generally" it doesnt improve. Im not saying there is no chance it wont. But from my experience of watching QBs its eithe rsomething they have or they dont.

From what I remember of Manning's rookie year his accuracy ws a heck of a lot better than Clemens'. I mean Clemens was throwing bounce passes out there today.

Again, I said "generally" it doesnt improve. Im not saying there is no chance it wont. But from my experience of watching QBs its eithe rsomething they have or they dont.

Look QB Acurracy can improve over time, even the best throw wild one sometimes. manning threw 28 INT's in his rookie year and for the most part looked awful.

IMO a lot of it also has to do with his timing with the WR's. After a full camp with Cotch, Coles and hopefully another good WR then things should be smoother.

After 16 games next season we should get an idea what kind of QB KC can or can not be... I'm not really worried about KC at this point.. I mean I don't know if he's good or bad yet, but my bigger concern is that this coaching staff really don't seem to improve their players..

Mangold and DBrick aren't better than last season. Who knows if Revis or Harris will be good next season.... Good coaching staffs find ways to improve their players.... I'm not so sure anybody on this staff is good at that.

It all depends on what determins improvement.

IMO Dbrick and Mangold have both improved. Also, its only their 2nd year, so players usually dont improve significantly over just a few months (1 offseason).

IMO Dbrick and Mangold have both improved. Also, its only their 2nd year, so players usually dont improve significantly over just a few months (1 offseason).

Different position require different amounts of time IMO to get fully used to in the NFL. LB for example is normally a position where a rookie can come straight in and be a stud. QB however isn't like that. They all usually have to go in and take their lumps, that's what's happening Clemens right now.

in all honesty i thought clemens was one of the few bright spots on an overall bad team. kc made some great throws today. throws i haven't seen a jet make in years - probably 98' w/Vinny.

the biggest problems kc has right now is time in the pocket and the receivers can't get open. coles is tough but basically playing on 1 leg. b smith and wallace wright are not exactly household names. give kc some talent @ wr and some time and i think he is going to be a good one.

I just don't see it.. Mangold has not played as well as he had last season. Last season he looked like a pro bowl to be.. This season he's looked good at times, just ok at others. That's not improving... DBrick, well, he is what he is and that's an avg OL.. He hasn't looked any better this season compared to last season.

When you draft a guy at 4 and people are proclaiming him a stud for the next 10 years to anchor this line and yet the OL still can't run for a 4th and 1, he isn't an anchor. He's really a one talent blocker at this point. If he improved on both passing and run blocking, even if it wasn't "wow he's a pro bowl player" that would be improvement.. But DBrick still can only do one thing and he really isn't that great at doing that.. He's good, but he's not great. And taking a guy at 4 whom people called a "Sure Thing" means either he isn't that good or the coaching staff haven't done enough to improve his weaknesses and strengths.

I'm with you. I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Clemens yet, but I'm not annointing him qb of the future either. There are guys on here that were claiming he was a "franchise qb" before he took a snap. IMO, he looks erratic and does not handle pressure well. Remember when he was going to open up this incredible deep passing attack? I think by the end of the year we should have a pretty good picture and if things don't improve I don't have a problem with looking in another direction if one becomes available.

looks at the vikings folks, tarvaris jackson looked like turd the first couple weeks of the season now he is lookin pretty solid. given he has a RUNNING game, but his wrs arent special. give this kid some time and a mcfadden. he shall be fine

Tavaris jackson though was always going to take time to develop. He was a project ore than anything else and he really is wroking out. People were way too quick to criticise him just like people are too quick to criticise Clemens.

Although I dubt Clemens will ever have that kind of running game backing him up.

His accuracy concerns me, thats something that generally doesnt improve. You either have it or you dont (see eli manning) and right now Clemens's passes are a little too haywire for my liking.

A lot of his accuracy issues come from throwing off of his back foot. He bounced several balls yesterday while leaning backward or rushing a throw.

Kinda like eli manning. He also has to learn that he can take a sack and not throw it anywhere. Also not to hold the ball and when to throw it away. Those things take time and Im sure it will be better next year.

Trust me, h e holds onto the ball too long already... Your 2 sentences contradict one another.

1) He has to learn he can take a sack...

2) He has to learn to not hold the ball

Kind of opposites.

Either way, I think we're learning he may not be the QB of the future.

Clemens biggest problems yesterday (besides horrendous play calling - WTF with the fades down the sideline - as low a % pass as there is) is that he doesn't seem to have sense of how to handle the rush. He either holds onto the ball land gets blasted or he runs out of the pocket way too early. Hopefully experience will take care of both of those things.

Archived