Herm vs Mangini

JETSFAN5180

If this was Herm Edwards coaching this team the board would be full of FIRE HERM posts.

Last years playoff appeance was compliments of Herm Edwards,Mangini inherited Herms team like it or not.

Mangini seems to not have a clue.

Pennington would have won that game yesterday........DAMMIT YES IM PISSED!!!!!!!!

If this was Herm Edwards coaching this team the board would be full of FIRE HERM posts.

Last years playoff appeance was compliments of Herm Edwards,Mangini inherited Herms team like it or not.

Pennington would have won that game yesterday........DAMMIT YES IM PISSED!!!!!!!!

Herm's team... hahah that's funny. Herm's team sucked the year before Mangini came here....

Herm's first bad season.. he got a pass... it's the 2nd one where he didn't.. same is true with Mangini.

We probably would win more games with Pennington.. I agree. So we'd be 5-8 right now instead of 3-10. Yay. Wahoo! Party time! We're learning about Mr Clemens here and I think we're realizing he may not be as good as we all thought he was.

Wrong on all accounts. Herm had his three/four years of before many people started no longer giving him benefits of doubts (it's hackett/Cottrell's faults, etc.). Mangini inherited herm's 4-12 team of which peanut head Edwards had ruined the star QB and HOF RB by playing them with serious injuries.

You can't take the credit away from mangini for 2006, just like you can't refuse to blame him for 2007. He deserves more time before he is a candidate to be in the same category as Herm.

And forget Pennington. We would have lost 24 - 3.

I agree Clemens is not the long term solution.

So, I take it your are at least happy with did not spend a #1 pick on Vince Young or Matt Leinhart, either, since neither one of them are any more impressive than Clemens in a larger body of work so far?

So, I take it your are at least happy with did not spend a #1 pick on Vince Young or Matt Leinhart, either, since neither one of them are any more impressive than Clemens in a larger body of work so far?

Thats a tough one......Young was off the board when the Jets picked. Leinart never really impressed me in college.I was rooting for them to pick Brady Quinn or Jay Cutler though.

The QB stirs the drink and without one the results are quite obvious.

But then again we took Browning Nagle over Brett Favre

Thats a tough one......Young was off the board when the Jets picked. Leinart never really impressed me in college.I was rooting for them to pick Brady Quinn or Jay Cutler though.

The QB stirs the drink and without one the results are quite obvious.

But then again we took Browning Nagle over Brett Favre

Actually, Favre was taken a pick before the Jets and the Jets settle for Nagle. But we did take O'Brien over Marino.

Anyway, I don't know how you can write off Clemens already. I think he has shown a lot of potential. He's only started 6 games. I'd like to see him play at least one game with both Coles and Cotchery healthy.

Actually, Favre was taken a pick before the Jets and the Jets settle for Nagle. But we did take O'Brien over Marino.

Anyway, I don't know how you can write off Clemens already. I think he has shown a lot of potential. He's only started 6 games. I'd like to see him play at least one game with both Coles and Cotchery healthy.

I agree about Clemens. I think he is going to be a very good QB. He needs atleast one more receiving option. Also he is stepping in there with no running game. He will be fine and so will Mangini.

Just a theory here, but Mangini has SEEN a successful team, day-in/day-out with his own eyes. He knows what successful game-planning looks like, and he knows what successful tape review sessions look like. He may not have created it, but he's SEEN it.

He must know what success looks like...and if he can't produce it TODAY, he probably has a good idea WHY.

And I think it comes down to players. You want to win a ring with a glass-arm high-$$ qb or a rookie? Neither is a great option.

What he can do today is build a culture that wins, while over the next couple years putting in the people to get it done.

Or you can nominate it for the TRUTH post of the year.

Lets all STOP sugarcoating Eric Mangini he is clueless.

What will you say on December 30 when he is outcoached by Herm Edwards?

i will say thank you very much for my top 3 draft pick? Enjoy your 12th slot

Just a theory here, but Mangini has SEEN a successful team, day-in/day-out with his own eyes. He knows what successful game-planning looks like, and he knows what successful tape review sessions look like. He may not have created it, but he's SEEN it.

He must know what success looks like...and if he can't produce it TODAY, he probably has a good idea WHY.

And I think it comes down to players. You want to win a ring with a glass-arm high-$$ qb or a rookie? Neither is a great option.

What he can do today is build a culture that wins, while over the next couple years putting in the people to get it done.

All he ever did was fetch coffee and wash jockstraps. He then proceeded to run the defense into the ground with poor gameplans when he was allowed to coordinate, until the players and BB had enough and relieved him of his duties, upon which time the defense rebounded and held us to something like 0 first downs in a half.

As for the players, he insisted on starting glass-arm for 8 losses. I would give him a complete pass on the year if Clemens had started by like game 6.

All he ever did was fetch coffee and wash jockstraps. He then proceeded to run the defense into the ground with poor gameplans when he was allowed to coordinate, until the players and BB had enough and relieved him of his duties, upon which time the defense rebounded and held us to something like 0 first downs in a half.

As for the players, he insisted on starting glass-arm for 8 losses. I would give him a complete pass on the year if Clemens had started by like game 6.

Exactly, he ahs done nothing with New England's D. that has shown with our defence weven worse now than it was under Herm.

At least Herm's D actually swarmed to the ball and hit.

Exactly, he ahs done nothing with New England's D. that has shown with our defence weven worse now than it was under Herm.

At least Herm's D actually swarmed to the ball and hit.

Yeah Herm's swarming hard hitting unit only gave up 41 points yesterday.

Herm sucks. Mangini very well may suck but he'll never be as bad as Herm. Herm's idea of "coaching" a defense was to let someone else run their schemes with Parcells' players, who were out of shape thanks to Herm's camps.

Yeah Herm's swarming hard hitting unit only gave up 41 points yesterday.

Herm sucks. Mangini very well may suck but he'll never be as bad as Herm. Herm's idea of "coaching" a defense was to let someone else run their schemes with Parcells' players, who were out of shape thanks to Herm's camps.

I meant Herm's D with the Jets.

I agree with ya. I think he knows what its going to take to be successful. Im just not sure he knows how to execute a gameplan to be successful on an every week basis.

Maybe its the players. Maybe its the other coaches. Maybe its Mangini. Heck, Crennel and Weis havent done too good and they were with the Pats in higher positions than Mangini.

Archived