You have got to be kidding, right?

GreenBeans

Mangini won't commit to QB

Posted: Monday December 10, 2007 07:43AM ET

After the Jets' 24-18 loss against the Browns on Sunday, coach Eric Mangini did not give Kellen Clemens a vote of confidence. He did not say for sure that Clemens would start next week against the undefeated Patriots. Unless a team is rife with dissension, players usually do not get involved in the politics of who plays and who sits. Clemens's teammates seem to be behind him, just as they were behind Chad Pennington when he was the starter.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/29818

Full story here -> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/10/sports/football/10green.html?_r=1&ref=football&oref=slogin

Of course. That's why he waited until 1-6, well on the way to 1-7, before finally giving Clemens a chance. Why was Pennington exempt from the competition rule? Pennington is the vet that can handle the controversy, Clemens is the rookie that needs to be supported and brought along.

you know what i didn;t think KC was terrible yesterday

he scored on sneak and EM didn't have brains to challenge

Coles was at 50% yesterday and KC threw 2 balls that went thru his hands, not blaming coles, he should not have been out there

also cotch dropped the winning TD catch, the ball was in his hands, Cotch

was also playing hurt so he gets a pass.

you know what i didn;t think KC was terrible yesterday

he scored on sneak and EM didn't have brains to challenge

Coles was at 50% yesterday and KC threw 2 balls that went thru his hands, not blaming coles, he should not have been out there

also cotch dropped the winning TD catch, the ball was in his hands, Cotch

was also playing hurt so he gets a pass.

Just seeing this crap in print pisses me off. I'm not 100% sold on Clemens, but he's a better option than Pennington by a country mile. His biggest problem remains throwing off his back foot and his pocket awareness. Fixable stuff.

Just out of curiosity to all the people that didn't think KC was too bad, did you guys notice all the bounce passes that were thrown out there on sunday? I mean seriously.

The first thing that popped into my mind when mangini decided not to go for it on 4th down for the win but instead gamble on a second onside recovery was maybe he lost all confidence in KC to get the completion.

I can't see how people think he did ok or "not so bad" yesterday, because from what i saw it was pretty terrible and i don't know that his only problem is throwing off his back foot.

The joke is people trying to read **** into a Mangini press conference. He doesn't say anything of value. The quotes are all boring cliches about competing. What the **** does a vote of confidence mean anyway? Isiah Thomas just got one. Does anybody in their right mind think he will last the season?

Not only will Isiah last the season he will probably get a 3 year extension.

Archived