The "Take the points" Edition of Post of the Week - December 14th, 2007

GreenBeans

Before we start this week I'd like to thank greengal for once again coming to my rescue to produce an EXCELLENT POTW thread last week. Thanks, kiddo - you rock. ;)

I'm jumping on the "Dooshie Kid's" bandwagon this week and will also call for a W-I-N for the NYJ this week in Foxboro. The weather will work to the Jets advantage - Tommy and Randy will have a tough time this week with a forecast like this:

Sunday: Snow, freezing rain, or sleet likely. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Sounds like the very suspect *'s run defense is going to have to find a way to stop Jones and Washington this week and I'm not sure they are up to the task. So, the Legume says:

J-E-T-S - 13

*'s - 10

Worse thing that can happen is I'm wrong (again), right?

On to this week's nominations...

----

Topic: Man opens fire at Omaha mall, killing 8

Originally Posted by Lil Bit Special

Man opens fire at Omaha mall, killing 8

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071206/...ll_shooting_62

A man opened fire with a rifle at a busy department store Wednesday, killing eight people in an attack that made holiday shoppers run screaming through a mall and barricade themselves in dressing rooms.

The young shooter, who left a note predicting, "Now I'll be famous," wounded five others, two critically, then took his own life.

Witnesses said the gunman sprayed fired down on shoppers from a third-floor balcony of the Von Maur store using what police said was an SKS assault rifle they found at the scene.

"My knees rocked. I didn't know what to do, so I just ran with everybody else," said Kevin Kleine, 29, who was shopping with her 4-year-old daughter at the Westroads Mall, in a prosperous neighborhood on the city's west side. She said she hid in a dressing room with four other shoppers and an employee.

Police found the first victim on the second floor, then several more near a customer service station on the third floor.

The shooter, identified by police as 20-year-old Robert A. Hawkins, was found dead on the third floor with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Omaha Police Chief Thomas Warren said the shooting appeared to be random. He would not release the victims' identities and gave no motive for the attack.

Hawkins was kicked out by his family about a year ago and moved in with a friend's family in a house in a middle-class neighborhood in Bellevue, a suburb wedged between Offutt Air Force Base and the Missouri River, said Debora Maruca-Kovac, who along with her husband took in Hawkins, a friend of her sons.

"When he first came in the house, he was introverted, a troubled young man who was like a lost pound puppy that nobody wanted," Maruca-Kovac told The Associated Press.

Maruca-Kovac said Hawkins was fired from his job at a McDonald's this week and had recently broken up with a girlfriend. She said he phoned her about 1 p.m. on Wednesday, telling her that he had left a note for her in his bedroom. She tried to get him to explain.

"He said, 'It's too late,'" and hung up, she told CNN.

She told the AP she called Hawkins' mother, went to the Maruca-Kovacs' house and retrieved the suicide note, in which Hawkins wrote that he was "sorry for everything," would not be a burden on his family anymore and, most ominously, "Now I'll be famous."

Maruca-Kovac said she took the note to authorities and went to her job as a nurse at the Nebraska Medical Center.

Hours later, Maruca-Kovac said, she saw victims being brought in.

Police received a 911 call from someone inside the mall, and shots could be heard in the background, Sgt. Teresa Negron said. By the time officers arrived six minutes later, the shooting was over, she said.

"We sent every available officer in the city of Omaha," Negron said.

The Omaha World-Herald reported that the gunman had a military-style haircut and a black backpack, and wore a camouflage vest.

"Everybody was scared, and we didn't know what was going on," said Belene Esaw-Kagbara, 31, a Von Maur employee. "We didn't know what to do. I was praying that God protect us."

Mickey Vickory, who worked at Von Maur's third-floor service department, said she heard shots at about 1:50 p.m.

She and her co-workers and customers went into a back closet behind the wrapping room to hide, then emerged about a half-hour later when police shouted to come out with their hands up. As police took them to another part of the mall for safety, they saw the victims.

"We saw the bodies and we saw the blood," she said.

Keith Fidler, another Von Maur employee, said he heard a burst of five to six shots followed by 15 to 20 more rounds. Fidler said he huddled in the corner of the men's clothing department with about a dozen other employees until police yelled to get out of the store.

Witness Shawn Vidlak said the shots sounded like a nail gun. At first he thought it was noise from construction work at the mall.

"People started screaming about gunshots," Vidlak said. "I grabbed my wife and kids we got out of there as fast as we could."

Shortly after the shooting, which came three weeks before Christmas, a group of shoppers came out of the building with their hands raised. Some were still holding shopping bags.

Police told people to park their cars at businesses across from the mall and to wait for their loved ones, then directed them to an Omaha hotel to await information.

Nebraska Medical Center spokeswoman Andrea McMaster said it had three victims from the mall shooting, including a 61-year-old man in critical condition with a bullet wound to his chest.

Three victims were brought Creighton University Medical Center; two died and the other was critically wounded, spokeswoman Lisa Stites said.

By Wednesday evening, police were using a bomb robot to access a Jeep Cherokee left in the mall parking lot. Authorities believe the vehicle belonged to Hawkins. Officers had seen some wires under some clothing, but no bomb was found.

Authorities planned to search Maruca-Kovac's house late Wednesday, she told CNN.

President Bush was in Omaha on Wednesday for a fundraiser, but left about an hour before the shooting.

"Having just visited with so many members of the community in Omaha today, the president is confident that they will pull together to comfort one another," White House press secretary Dana Perino said.

The Von Maur store is part of a 22-store Midwestern chain. The sprawling, three-level mall has more than 135 stores and restaurants. It gets 14.5 million visitors every year, according to its Web site.

It was the second mass shooting at a mall this year. In February, nine people were shot, five of them fatally, at Trolley Square mall in Salt Lake City. The gunman, 18-year-old Sulejman Talovic, was shot and killed by police.

Another sad day.

Just trying to do some shopping and you end up dead because of a nut job.

Originally Posted by Smizzy

Why do these coward ****s kill others THEN turn the gun on themselves? Why not just kill yourself?

Robert A. Hawkins can go suck a bag of dicks in hell.

(Editor's Note: The world is a ****ed place these days - RIP)

-----

Topic: Rapper Pimp C Found Dead in LA Hotel

Originally Posted by RSJ

I listened to A LOT of rap in my younger days and I mean a lot. Rap wasn't all that different back then. Once college passed and I had kids I haven't really listened to it since. As long as you don't become the music you listen to you will be OK. Once in a while if the kids are not in the house I will throw on some old school rap. Just can't picture driving the SUV with the system pumping to little league fields.

(Editor's Note: Ok, explain the pictures of you on your myspace page with the hat on sideways and the bling. What's up with the Escalade with the 26" rims. You be frontin', G...)

-----

Topic: Tom Petty to play Super Bowl halftime show

Originally Posted by 124

So people in their 20's are "kids"? Really now. I was not implying to just High School and College "kids".

Newsflash: The NFL wants their league to continue, do they not? They HAVE to appeal to the younger culture. Justin Timberlake isn't going to do that. A good Rap or R&B artist will. You can have your 60 year old over the hill performers, but make sure there is a current day one in there as well. Eventually these older fans will die and the younger ones will be left.

Originally Posted by Lady Jet

How about a compromise? An over-the-hill performer, rapping.... like, Deborah Harry and Blondie....

Fab Five Freddie told me everybody's high

DJ's spinnin' are savin' my mind

Flash is fast, Flash is cool

Francois sez fas, Flashe' no do

And you don't stop, sure shot

Go out to the parking lot

And you get in your car and you drive real far

And you drive all night and then you see a light

And it comes right down and lands on the ground

And out comes a man from Mars

And you try to run but he's got a gun

And he shoots you dead and he eats your head

And then you're in the man from Mars

You go out at night, eatin' cars

You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too

Mercuries and Subarus

And you don't stop, you keep on eatin' cars

Then, when there's no more cars

You go out at night and eat up bars where the people meet

Face to face, dance cheek to cheek

One to one, man to man

Dance toe to toe

Don't move too slow, 'cause the man from Mars

Is through with cars, he's eatin' bars

Yeah, wall to wall, door to door, hall to hall

He's gonna eat 'em all

Rapture, be pure

Take a tour, through the sewer

Don't strain your brain, paint a train

You'll be singin' in the rain

I said don't stop, do punk rock

Well now you see what you wanna be

Just have your party on TV

'Cause the man from Mars won't eat up bars when the TV's on

And now he's gone back up to space

Where he won't have a hassle with the human race

And you hip-hop, and you don't stop

Just blast off, sure shot

'Cause the man from Mars stopped eatin' cars and eatin' bars

And now he only eats guitars, get up!

Originally Posted by Jetcane

Why dont they just show highlight clips of the Gate D halftime festivities on the Jumbotron?

More people will watch that.

(Editor's Note: Let's see, hmmmm - Tommy "Hit by a Bus" Petty or boobies. Tooooooouuuugh choice, JC...)

-----

Originally Posted by Lady Jet

I agree.

JC, next time I go to the meadowlands, I'm going to make a point to go to gate D. Everytime I see a guy with manboobs, I'm going to yell for him to show 'em.

(The Nomination - "POTW! :rofl: P.S. If you REALLY want to see that, stop by the JN tailgate party." - Bob)

(Editor's Note: Hey now, Max and Smizzy will ban you for such behavior. Only the boys can yell at them like that Lady.)

-----

Topic: favorite rappers

Originally Posted by kobe24jets

mine are

lil wayne

t.i

tech nine

kanye

tpain

currency

lupe fiasco

soulja boy

Originally Posted by jetsrule128

what is kobe doing here?

Originally Posted by Panzer Division Marduk

He got a job at Kinko's. This place was bookmarked, it seems.

(Editor's Note: Kinko's? Kinko's? It must be a POTW NOM! That said, any chance 'lil e can get his job back from kobe?)

-----

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

kitkat_wrapper.jpg

(Editor's Note: I like this one better: Almond_Joy.jpg, but to each his own. Either way, Sperm and I have created a better list of rappers...)

-----

Co-Runner-up of the Week Sponsored by ACME

Originally Posted by BP

Wait, are you banned too at JI?

Originally Posted by jetsrule128

yeah for a week i was stupid

Originally Posted by BP

NO! Not you! stupid? I don't believe it, please supply a link Bobby Brady.

Where is that Panzer Gif of your head being smashed?

xeonzilla.gif

(The Nomination: "I have won the Post Of The Week 4 times now so I speak from great experience of what constitutes a POTW NOM. This, my frineds, is hands down the POTW in my not so humble opinion. Do it up GreenBeans" - Boozer76)

(Editor's Note: And the legend of Panzer lives on...)

-----

Co-Runner-up of the Week Sponsored by Tales from the Crypt

Topic: Tom Petty to play Super Bowl halftime show

Originally Posted by 124

Can we get any older with the halftime shows?

Super Bowl XLIII will feature Frank Sinatra.

THAT I would watch.

"I've got you, unnnnder my decayed skin

I've got you deep in the jaws of me

So deep in my heart, that you're flesh...really a part of me

I've got...got....got wannnnt braaainssss"

Props%20-%20CU%20Mummy%20corpse.jpg

Give the gig to Ol' No Eyes. Hopefully he'll tear Beliprick's throat out then.

(Editor's Note: Ok, does anyone dare doubt that Panzer is an absolute mad-scientist type genius? "Old No Eyes" - lol. One question - do you think he'll perform "When The World Was Young"? Maybe like this:

"Ah, the apple trees (I'm buried under),

My ashes in the breeze,

That we walked among,

Lying dead in the hay,

Games we used to play,

While the rounds were sung,

Only yesterday, when the world was young...and I was not a corpse")

-----

Originally Posted by dickkotite

Your being dumb.

Originally Posted by Smizzy

It's "You're"...as in you are....dumbass.

Smizzy-1

DickKotex-0

Welcome to school,Sunshine!

(Editor's Note: Go figure, Mr Kotex, English teacher extraordinaire?)

-----

Topic: Herm kills Larry Johnson - out for the season

Originally Posted by nyjunc

They were supposed to be 4-12, 3-13 this year. They were 4-3 at one point but they lost some key guys most notably thier franchise back who was their offense. At least they were in the race for a few mins ad weren't an embarrassment from the start.

Show me one reputable place that expected the Chiefs to be 4-12 or 3-13. ONE. And no, JetNation doesn't count because we are not reputable.

You're making this crap up now to show how Herm somehow exceeded his lowly expectations.

They were expected to win about 7 games as I recall, and that is mostly a testament to Herm Edwards' killing of the offense.

FootballLocks.com: 9-7

Sharkhandicapping.com: 7-9

ultimatecapper.com: 8.5 wins

footballgrumblings.com: 8 wins

footballoutsiders.com: 7.5 wins

even ESPN's silly power rankings had KC at #20. While not high, clearly they were ranked ahead of a dozen teams which would suggest around 7 wins were expected.

I only looked at the first 6 things that came up on google. No one even predicted as few as 6 wins, yet now it's being suggested that they were "supposed to be 4-12 or 3-13" -- I can't remember the last time a 9-7 team was PREDICTED to end up with 3 or 4 wins.

NO one other than Chiefs/Jets fans familiar with Herm thought they would finish with 4 wins & I didn't see a single thing EVER predicting three, including from you.

I'd also love to hear how losing a home game to the Raiders is due to losing their franchise back, when Kolby Smith ran for 150 yds & 2 TD's in the game.

Nice try though. Too bad it's 100% bull***t.

(Editor's Note: Never, ever let the facts get in the way of a good argument...)

-----

Topic: WTF the Cheatriots have their own ticker on ESPN

Originally Posted by Thai Jet

Peter King was harping for weeks on the fact that the NFL DESTROYED those tapes that the Cheaters handed over to them . They refused to comment as to what was on the tapes but I think the fines leveled on that POS organization and Beliprick speaks volumes.

Originally Posted by joiseyjet

I said from the beginning part of the penelty should have been ,the NFL should have made them change their name from the Patriots (because haveing that name is an insult to our fore fathers who died trying to do things the rightway for our country & these guys got caught cheating ) The NFL should have made them change their name to the New England Cheat-tahs ,they could have put a picture of a cheattah the fastest animal on the planet on the helmet I sure Randy Moss would have said that was him.... but the rest of us would have known what it ment by the spelling of it.

(Editor's Note: Funny you should mention spelling in this diatribe, joisey...)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

Ray Of Sunshine

Posted at 4:05 pm in Featured Editorials, Tyson Rauch by Max

oie_fl1.JPG

By Tyson Rauch

Over the past three months Jets fans have been taking a beating from both the national and local media. It started with the debatable cheering of Chad Pennington

Topic: Advertising opportunity's for business owners

Originally Posted by Someone that I do not remember so I'm sorry please claim this post...

I am a crew chief on a stock car racing team. Our websites are on the bottom of my sig. If anyone is interested in advertising with our team PM me and let me know. I will be more than happy to let you know how it can be beneficial to you and your business. I will mail you our resume that details how it works for you if anyone is

interested.

image.php?u=1409&type=sigpic&dateline=1197409188

Originally Posted by dickkotite

dude your car looks like it was welded by some moonshing rednecks. what can we advertise? snuff? trailer parts? mulllets?

(Editor's Note: Which part of "stock car racing team" did you not quite understand, Mr. Kotex?)

-----

Topic: Why the field goals you ask?

Originally Posted by johnny green balls

dude even if we force a 3 and out clevland would've punted and pinned us inside the 10. if you can't trust us to pick up a first at 4th and 10 how can you expect us to march 60+ yards with 30 seconds left????

Originally Posted by afosomf

3 timeouts... we would have had about 1:15 .. plenty of time

if you kick it deep and force a 3 and out you get it around your own 40. i'd rather only have to go 30 yards in that same 1:15. plus missing an onsides kick gives them an excellent chance of getting into FG range even if thug lewis doesn't romp to that TD. just a bad call.

(Editor's Note: Oh stop, he's Mangenuis - he's smarted than all of us put together. He probably failed his statistics course, but he's still smarter than you and you should never forget it...)

-----

Topic: Stupid threads

Originally Posted by gameface

He is on the nicer coast, but definately not gay. He resisted Max's advances and got out of town. Here is a recent pic to show he is alive and well.

attachment.php?attachmentid=428&d=1197405844

Originally Posted by Bob

Why is he dressed in Fubu gear?

(Editor's Note: Fubu or Fugly? Unreal what a little internet tail will do to a man...)

-----

Topic: Herm kills Larry Johnson - out for the season

You ran away??

Give me my links, woman! I demand from you: links showing 4-12 predictions and 3-13 predictions from reputable sources.

Otherwise I'm sending JetMoses to your house. That is unpleasant enough for those he likes!

(Editor's Note: oh, no let's go. oh, no, let's go. someone's at the door and i think it's jetmo...)

-----

Topic: I just found an orange Nerd in my box of Frosty Holiday Nerds.

Originally Posted by Alk

Like a turd in a punch bowl...

12-11-07_1453.jpg

Tell your mom happy belated birthday.

(Editor's Note: I hope you sent some flowers and the rest of the Nerds at least...hopefully more. Don't be cheap with momma, Alsterick)

-----

Topic: If the Pats lost their 1st round pick cause of Spygate

what happens if san fran gets caught spy-gating in the last couple games??? could the pats lose their first pick and also the one they got from the niners in a trade?

thankfully this thread has been started to answer this and other pressing questions.

Originally Posted by gangreenman

No, Goodell would probably hand Belicheat the rest of SF's picks other then their 1st rounder, cause the Pats already own that pick, which is why they still have a 1st rder despite being punished.

i'm still holding out hope that if mike nolan gets a dui, impregnates a european super model and gets busted for financing a dogfighting ring the pats will someone lose that pick that they got in a trade from the san francisco 49s and that went to the pats because of that deal that they made--and everyone on the planet knows about--that sent their 1st round (not a 2nd or a 3rd) to the patriots of new england.

(Editor's Note: If all of that were to happen, and it obviously could - obviously - , the NFL (with the help of ESPN) would grant the Patriots (AKA The *'s) the first overall pick in the draft, plus one additional pick for each round in the draft, plus any 5 players from the 49ers. The *'s would also receive 16 new camcorders and a lifetime supply of miniDV tapes as a bonus. It's in the manual, kid, don't you read?)

-----

damn dude you and i agree on a lot. tb is a classless puke for his baby momma diplomacy skills. quiet frankly it's pretty racist not to come down hard on him, people go crazy when stories about travis henry or shawn kemp doing this come out. but because brady is attractive and white and his baby mommas are too he gets a pass? terribly racist imho.

BTW did i mention I enjoyed seeing him get slammed in the back while he was busy jawing at some no-name?

Originally Posted by The Troll

It's not the first time he's been slammed from behind.

(Editor's Note: ...and it will not be the last time, either - Tommy likes it rough like that, you know.)

-----

Topic: We Are The NEW YORK JETS!

Sub-title: Men don't follow titles, they follow courage.

Originally Posted by Barton

braverheartfreedom.jpeg

Fight and you may die. Run and you'll live, at least a while.

And, dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be

willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance

-- just one chance -- to come back here and tell our enemies,

that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!

J-E-T-S

JETS

JETS

JETS!

(Editor's Note: One question - why is Mel in *'s (AKA Patriots) face paint?)

-----

Topic: We Are The NEW YORK JETS!

Originally Posted by Ghost

How old is Barton ?

Originally Posted by faba

Old enough to be a dooshey.

(Editor's Note: Once and again, faba proves he is among the most clever posters at JN. While talking about Dooshey's, remember this line - "I know how to spell douche, dooshey." A JN classic!)

-----

Topic: Kids shot getting off school bus...

Originally Posted by MrsTaborJet

We live in a sick world...

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/14825477/detail.html

Originally Posted by Boozer76

I'll chime in with my unsolicited opinion. The problem today with kids has everything to do with the combination of an economy that requires dual income parenting with the relatively new age of technology. My generation (I'm 31) definitely went through the situation of both parents working, but our activities were still fairly limited to the safe and mundane. Things like sports, riding bikes, hanging at whoever had a pool, relatively harmless mischief, and parties for drinking. We did have game consoles but we weren't attached to them 24/7. We were exposed to what was available in the neighborhood. When I was 16 I couldn't even fathom something like "2 girls and 1 cup", snuff videos, porn so readily available, death vids, people breaking limbs, murders, you name it.

Today parents are working to pay the mortgage, and the kids are home to explore things no kid should ever see. Furthermore, they get to live behind the mask of anonymity on the internet. Go to some of the viral video sites such as break.com and just read the comments. There are kids saying some of the most disgusting, vile, racists things I've ever seen. They are almost acting out an alternate personality on the internet. They can go way overboard with those personalities with no ramifications.

Furthermore, I think that there has been a serious shift on the attitude parents took towards raising children. You constantly see "experts" on tv saying that children shouldn't be yelled at. Children shouldn't be chastised with anything other than positive reinforcement. What we are creating is a bunch of young adults who suddenly think they an do no wrong. They have never been told they are doing a bad job. "Little Johnny didn't lose the ball game because there are no losers when you try hard". Corporations are spending millions on how to deal with this new generation coming into the workforce. These kids don't want to come in on time, they want to leave whenever they want, and if you tell them they're doing anything less than a great job they will quit. They have no bearing of the concept that life is hard. Life doesn't care how hard you try. Life doesn't pat you on the ass for trying hard. Life has losers!

I'm kind of ranting, but I really think that morals have gone way downhill. I am still fairly young and I already see it. I don't see this as past "moral" declines such as the 60's. This is people becoming inhuman due to the anonymity that the internet allows. Over time a kid is going to let the alter ego spill into real life and they will act out on things they see on the internet. Things I never saw when I was a kid. Things I couldn't even conceive.

(Editor's Note: If this post was not so depressingly true it would (and by all rights should) be the POTW this week. This is among the best - if not the best - post I've ever read on any message board. You've put your finger right on the pulse of all that is wrong in America today...)

-----

Topic: The Jets Will Shock the World and BEAT New England

Originally Posted by joewilly

ESPN has they're collective noses so far up the pats asses it's truly pathetic.

1 expert called for a 75 to 10 score. someone should remove that guys larnyx & beat him with it.

I believe this will be the pats toughest challenge of the year

Originally Posted by Green DNA

An added benefit to a win would be removing the "Pursuit of Perfection" banner that scrolls across the bottom of the screen every 30 seconds.

Originally Posted by joewilly

yeah, that & watching the paramedics yell "clear" as they try to revive peter king

(Editor's Note: Good thing they are playing in Foxboro, I don't think you'd see anyone rushing to help King - that f'ing tool - if they were playing in the swamp this week...)

-----

Topic: chad to kc or atlanta..? peter king says....

Originally Posted by bitonti

ATL is a great place for Chad, since they have to be looking for the anti-vick

they don't come slower, whiter and more well-behaved than Chad Pennington!

(Editor's Note: I wouldn't wish a trade to Atlanta on anyone (well, except for Tom Brady maybe) - God help Pennington if he ends up down there in that cesspool (both the team and the city). That said - slow, check - well behaved, check - white, check - he meets the criteria, and Roddy White is going be really pissed...)

-----

And this week's winner....

Originally Posted by #27TheDominator

Why does anybody who mentions Chad get labelled? The comparison of Chad and Clemens is valid for one reason: Chad was having a very poor season with the exact same team. The job Chad did was unacceptable. I heard dozens of stories about how the record would be so much better if Clemens were the QB from week 1. The fact is, Clemens grades are still incomplete, but if we are going to draw conclusions I'm not so happy that he simply cannot put the ball in the endzone. I read that Pennington was "an immobile statue with zero pocket presence" yet this kid gets dropped way more often. Does that mean we should put Pennington back in? No, but I'm not going into next season expecting Clemens to be the next Peyton Manning.

For the record, Peyton Manning struggled as a rookie but threw 25+ tds and for over 3,700 yards, Clemens has thrown 4 tds in a half season. Also, if McCareins caught that ball against Baltimore the Jets would not have been winning, they'd have been tied. I wouldn't have held my breath expecting them to pull out a win in OT.

Good post, Dom.

I still dont get the labelling of fans who make any mention of CP. Well, actually I do. it's agenda driven, and also fueled by irrational hatred of a player that the team chose to sign and the CS chose to play. I'll bet that the same guys who hate CP also hated McC for "costing the Jets a win" in Baltimore when he dropped the passes. You're right, it only would have forced OT, and there was no guarantee of the Jets doing anything after that point.

the best argument for playing KC after the season went down the tubes is to at least see what he's got. Though overall the Jets have drafted well, not all of their draftees have turned out well, so he still has to prove himself on the field.

On one hand, he has made some strides, considering he hasnt stepped into an ideal situatiion. The OL is weak, the playcalling has been bad and his WRs have been injured. He hasnt completely bombed to the point where everyone can say he is a bust.

On the other hand, he's thrown nine picks and only 4 TDs, and only Dilfer and Alex Smith have lower QB ratings.

But it's only a handful of games, on a lower echelon team, and it's too soon to make a final judgment. While people can have opinions as to whether he has "it" or not based on what they've seen, that really isnt enough to decide whether he is the future QB or not. He does need more time, probably through next season. If he looks like crap a year from now, the verdict will be pretty clear.

Here's another thing, #27. If the Jets bulk up their OL, which also gets the running game going, and the defense plays from week one instead of showing up after the bye week again, he will be in a better situation to lead the team and progress.

The irony of that is that when people suggested that CP needed a better OL to play better, and a defense that doesnt make the trent edwards and Kyle Bollers of the league look like all-stars, the Clemens fans claimed that CP stunk no matter what was surrounding him. Now, they are quick to offer the same reasons why KC needs a better supporting cast around him to play better.

You may not be overly impressed with KC right now, but i think he has shown enough to deserve more time before we make any snap judgments about him.

Congratulations to Jetcane on his POTW win. The winner is about as good an argument as to why Kellen Clemens should be (and should have been after loss #6 or so) the starting QB. It's not as much about Chad Pennington as it is about finding out what you've got in Clemens. Great job - almost as good as the MILF and TC reports - with this post, JC. Wear the badge with pride this week:

potw.jpg

Assist of the Week goes to #27TheDominator for his participation in the winning post. #27's post is excellent and it provided the fuel for the winning post this week. Thanks #27!

That's all for now,

BEAT THE *'s!!!!!

gb

Thanks guys and GB.

GB, since i have the Sean Taylor sig still working, and you never get to wear the POTW Banner even though you are the POTW guy, I'm nomming you as the designated POTW Winner for ALL of the time and effort you put into this great weekly thread.

I insist! So enjoy the POTW Banner in your sig this week- you earned it!

Thanks guys and GB.

GB, since i have the Sean Taylor sig still working, and you never get to wear the POTW Banner even though you are the POTW guy, I'm nomming you as the designated POTW Winner for ALL of the time and effort you put into this great weekly thread.

I insist! So enjoy the POTW Banner in your sig this week- you earned it!

Thanks JC - you 'da man. :)

This article is a great gay/straight test. If you actually know what the article was about, then you love penis. Simple as that.

(Editor's Note: Lose the text around this post and it wins POTW. All the damn words (and no, I have no idea what they were, Irish) detracted from this post...)

So close, but yet so far.

Damn me!!!;-)

Edit: After going back and checking what text was there around the post????:confused0088:

Archived