I'm really sick of the media playing it up like the Jets are the bad guy...

NIGHT STALKER

The more this crap goes on, the more I don't like Mangini. I already don't like BB for the "jump ship after one day crap" and then the whole Pats bs, but in all honesty, if Mangini was a coach for any other team, Jets fans would be killing him at this point.

The excuse that he wasn't in position to do anything when he was a coach in New England is kind of lame. You either rat somebody out or you don't. He ran away from home and then ratted out the big bad Pats after it seemed he wouldn't get into any trouble cause of it. That's not being a guy doing the right thing, it' s a guy acting like a spoiled brat trying to get back at his 'parents.'

Who knows what the whole second camera in the end zone crap is about, but being that the Ravens already accused Mangini and the Jets of cheating this year and then the whole the NFL and ESPN and Media loves the Pats, I wouldn't put it pass the NFL to fine the Jets, maybe even take one of their picks.

The reality is, they should have just kept their mouths shut. It's one thing to tell somebody to get out of my house with that camera, it's another to go running to the media and NFL.. And that's what the Jets did. You are fooling yourself to think the NFL or the Pats ran to the media with this crap. The Jets made a big public spectacle about it and it really backfired. They are 3-11 at this point and about as big a laughing stock as the Dolphins while the Pats are "evil empire who could go 16-0." Go figure it really looks like the Jets made the wrong decision to go public with the mess. Why make a big deal out of it? Kick them out, tell the NFL and keep it in house. We kill players for going public yet when teams, coaches, and owners do it, we praise them.

I mean considering the NFL burnt the tapes a few days later and the Pats really didn't get fairly punished for cheating, we know the NFL sure didn't want this crap to go public like it did..

I just have a bad feeling that Roger and the NFL are going to come down hard on the Jets just to shut this whole matter up. And then not only do we have a coach who has had a terrible season, but we might have a coach who screwed over the Jets future just because he wanted to get back at his big bad 'father' figure.

We know if Herm did something like this in KC, people would be bashing him all over the board. But since it's Mangini he seems to get pass after pass even though the reality is he looks like a guy who is as hateable as BB is, except not as good a coach at this point.

And why do people hate snitches and rats? It's not because they are doing the right thing, it's usually because the people doing the ratting out are normally people who did the same damn cheating and stealing. A criminal who rats out a criminal isn't exactly something to brag about. And if the Pats were cheating for years, how is Mangini any better at this point than a criminal who rats out other criminals?

Are you on drugs ? :confused0006:

Semper Fi

So who told the media then? We know it wasn't the NFL considering they did their best to destroy everything about the incident. And I doubt the Pats would rat themselves out to the media. So somebody on the Jets told the media and then the media ran with it.

That is running to the media. You never have to say anything, but if you give the media the story, it's just as bad as you giving a press conference about it.

The guy was caught by meadowlands and nfl securities whom was told brfore the season opener to be on the look out for this. Goddell was going to crackdown on this with the 1st team caught regardless, It just happened to be the Patriots that got caught. When this 1st broke Mangini was not considered to be the rat, the rat label showed up a couple of days later by pro-patriots media. It probally could of gone unnoticed if the camera man did not put up such a stink that lasted over an 1/2 hour. So I would stop putting blame on Mangini that he caused it< and no one knows if Mangini knew about the taping or not, or if he had said something to bb or not. You are just making assumptions. I agree with you on the fact that the evidence on the tape was probally far worse and thats why it was destroyed. Iguess the NFL don't want to be transparent in their rule enforcement obligations.

Semper Fi

Keep it behind closed doors. You don't have to run to the media and the NFL with "Pats cheated" crap cause in all honesty, the crap backfired. The Jets are looked at as the villians, they suck, who knows if they are building anything good for the future, while the stupid Pats could go 16-0 and be thought of as "Best team Ever."

I'm sorry but just like players should keep their mouth shut sometimes and not go running to the media with stories, that's what the Jets should have done. Rat the Pats out, but do it more quietly.

People who run to the media to blast somebody else usually are people who aren't exactly kosher.

That's what Mangini should have done. He acted like a spoiled brat ratting out his older brother by telling the neighbors, the teachers, other siblings and the parents, but in the end, the older brother still gets the house and praise while little Eric is laughed at and looks like an idiot cause he was a part of the crap the brother got blasted for.

The Jets didn't need to go running to the media and make a big spectacle about it .. And who is to say the NFL doesn't come down hard on the Jets? We don't know the whole story and if the Pats say they didn't grant another camera, the Jets proclaim they did, and Roger, who already seems to be in the pants of the Pats, wants to shut this crap up, well I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets do get fined. And how is that doing anything for the future but making a 3-11 season even worse than it is.

The Jets didn't go "running" to the media. From what I remember, someone inside the orgination (it may have been a security guard?) leeked it to the media!

Sorry, cheating is cheating, "rat" it out!

The guy was caught by meadowlands and nfl securities whom was told brfore the season opener to be on the look out for this. Goddell was going to crackdown on this with the 1st team caught regardless, It just happened to be the Patriots that got caught. When this 1st broke Mangini was not considered to be the rat, the rat label showed up a couple of days later by pro-patriots media. It probally could of gone unnoticed if the camera man did not put up such a stink that lasted over an 1/2 hour. So I would stop putting blame on Mangini that he caused it< and no one knows if Mangini knew about the taping or not, or if he had said something to bb or not. You are just making assumptions. I agree with you on the fact that the evidence on the tape was probally far worse and thats why it was destroyed. Iguess the NFL don't want to be transparent in their rule enforcement obligations.

Thank You!!

I'd rather the Jets be 12-0 and known as big cheaters than be 3-11 and known as the rat.

I sure never cared that the Yankees were called the "Evil Empire" who spent millions.. They won. End of story.

I have said elsewhere, I now know what it is like to be a Yankee fan: arrogant, hated, and unstoppable. I kinda like it.

But pretty much everybody I have met is:

Jets = Mets

Giants = Yankees.

I have said elsewhere, I now know what it is like to be a Yankee fan: arrogant, hated, and unstoppable. I kinda like it.

Jets = Mets

Giants = Yankees.

You are NOT even close to knowing how a yankee fan feels! so quit while your ahead! Don't even try to compare the patsies the THE Yankees! You have NO right to!

I know alot of Giant fans that are Met fans, I myself are Jets- Yankees!

Jets = Mets

Giants = Yankees.

Don't even go there. When Torre was the manager of the Yankees, he was nothing but class....never gave you the impression that he was above the game. Belicheat on the other hand is a dick. He thinks he's above his sport and partial blame falls on the media for putting him in that position. Yes, the Pats have had success, but don't think for a minute that they shouldn't be held accountable.

As a Jets fan, I can only hope that the Jets come out swinging and play smash mouth ****ing football...I know I would and that's all I can ask for from this team...leave it all on the field tomorrow.

And there are plenty of Yankees/Jets fans!

Don't even go there. When Torre was the manager of the Yankees, he was nothing but class....never gave you the impression that he was above the game. Belicheat on the other hand is a dick. He thinks he's above his sport and partial blame falls on the media for putting him in that position. Yes, the Pats have had success, but don't think for a minute that they shouldn't be held accountable.

As a Jets fan, I can only hope that the Jets come out swinging and play smash mouth ****ing football...I know I would and that's all I can ask for from this team...leave it all on the field tomorrow.

Torre was nothing but class and still is class to this day but there were quite a few Yankees who were far from class during those winning years. I really don't care about respect or class when it comes to winning. You can have nothing but choir boys but if all you do is lose, who cares.

Same goes in the business world. You don't want pedophiles and criminals, but there are plenty of a-holes who make companies billions.. People might not like them, but in the end, they get the job done. If all your have are choir boys who lose money or never get the job done, who cares.

At this point, who knows what really happened and who knows how the Jets are the 'bad guy' while the Pats are the joke "evil' team that everybody in the media seems to laugh about but never take seriously. Maybe if the Jets were 9-3 or something things would be different. I would rather see guys like Mark Gast who wasn't exactly a choir boy with good intentions compared to DRob. Nothing against him and he seems like a great person, but the reality is, he's just not that great of a football player.

If Mangini is an a-hole like BB but they Jets win year in and year out, who cares. If Mangini is an a-hole and the Jets stink, then you have a problem. I hope the Jets win tomorrow, and I hope they come out fired up but hearing some of these clips it's almost like the Jets players would be happy to see the Pats go 16-0.

All I know is the Steelers talked crap and the Pats came out fired up because of it.

While on the other hand, the Pats cheated, look down on the Jets, and seem to have turned around the cheating into "we didn't really cheat" and it's the Jets and everybody else's fault that we got caught so I hope the Jets come out fired up and looking to break some heads. If they play like they have for most of this seasons, it would be a very bad sign that this team and regime really can't light a fire for any reason.

If there was any game where a team should have more fire and passion, this would be the game. Even if they lose 40-10, I want to see some hard hits and anger. I don't want to see, "oh great the Pats should go 16-0," stories from Jets players after the game.

Cause the reality is, it's the Jets who should be angry, not the stupid Pats.

Torre is okay, but he never ran the show. Steinbreener is a dick and is hated by non-Yankee fans as much as Belichick is hated by non-Patriots fans.

The NFL allows cameras in teh end zone by teams,as long as the opposing team agrees, which the patriots did (allegedly) then mangini di nothing wrong....all the way from teh start, it was amazing to me how many poeple talked about how mangini shouldnt have turned in the man who made him what he is, does anyone remember belicheck blowing mangini off after the first game, then embracing mike shanahan the following week, it sickens me

You are NOT even close to knowing how a yankee fan feels! so quit while your ahead! Don't even try to compare the patsies the THE Yankees! You have NO right to!

I know alot of Giant fans that are Met fans, I myself are Jets- Yankees!

True.

Patriots fans appreciate what they have because they have seen the other end of the spectrum.

Patriot fans are not filled with the belief it is some self-fulfilling right the success our team enjoys.

Archived