The Bengals Should Fire Marvin Lewis

Smizzy

I guess having great players on the unit you're coaching goes a long way in getting yourself a head coaching job.

Kind of like how a guy who couldn't win in oh say a town like Cleveland and then when his starting QB gets hurt at his next job the guy who steps in turns out to be the 2nd coming of Joe Hardy from Damn Yankees..whatever Lola wants Lola gets

I guess having great players on the unit you're coaching goes a long way in getting yourself a head coaching job.

Kind of like how a guy who couldn't win in oh say a town like Cleveland and then when his starting QB gets hurt at his next job the guy who steps in turns out to be the 2nd coming of Joe Hardy from Damn Yankees..whatever Lola wants Lola gets

Marvin took over a team of perpetual under achievers and managed to get them to .500. Known as a defensive coach, he has done nothing for the D. If not for the fortunate luck of having Palmer and some other key weapons on offense, what has he done that can be considered noteworthy?

Belichick took over an old and horrible team and re-built them. He built the team and had them going in the right direction before the team moved ICW his abrasive style wore thin. Plus, he takes a team comprised of castoffs and 2nd year QB and wins a Superbowl against a far superior team.

Has Marvin done anything like that? Close to it? Belichick did luck into Dick Rhebin finding Brady, but the foundation was put in place before Brady became the great player he is today.

Marvin took over a team of perpetual under achievers and managed to get them to .500. Known as a defensive coach, he has done nothing for the D. If not for the fortunate luck of having Palmer and some other key weapons on offense, what has he done that can be considered noteworthy?

Belichick took over an old and horrible team and re-built them. He built the team and had them going in the right direction before the team moved ICW his abrasive style wore thin. Plus, he takes a team comprised of castoffs and 2nd year QB and wins a Superbowl against a far superior team.

Has Marvin done anything like that? Close to it? Belichick did luck into Dick Rhebin finding Brady, but the foundation was put in place before Brady became the great player he is today.

but he never won a SB withOUT Tom Brady or Adam V and I doubt he ever would have won one with no Brady-Bledsoe? come on

I'm not sure how you can say his team has underachieved. They have have very little to no talent on defense. His offense has had a great passing game - but past that it is a crappy team overall. The Bengals need a better scouting department and GM.

I'm not sure how you can say his team has underachieved. They have have very little to no talent on defense. His offense has had a great passing game - but past that it is a crappy team overall. The Bengals need a better scouting department and GM.

Ummmm did you see his challenge at end of game

a joke

maybe he wants UCLA job

but he never won a SB withOUT Tom Brady or Adam V and I doubt he ever would have won one with no Brady-Bledsoe? come on

That's right Jimmy. Belicheat stepped in **** with Brady and I can prove it if any Pats fan thinks otherwise. If Brady goes down with an injury and is lost for the year today, what are the chances they even sniff the SB? Like I said, no Brady, no SB's.

Ummmm did you see his challenge at end of game

a joke

maybe he wants UCLA job

All coaches make mistakes like that. If they were that good they shouldn't have been in that situation against a team like the 49ers to begin with. They are just not very talented. Period.

do not buy that

their O is healthy and they sucked last night

I do not want Oho cinco, he looks overrated to me!!!

I would take Berrian over him

Chad is another version of Key, cannot run after catch

I don't know afos-he would fit right in with us man-he's another one of those bloodline guys we never draft but I always wish we would Dan Klecko, Chad Johnson, Jabar Gaffney, Marion Barber-who else am I forgetting? They talk about Jets core values why don't we at least TRY and bring these type of guys back in the family?

All coaches make mistakes like that. If they were that good they shouldn't have been in that situation against a team like the 49ers to begin with. They are just not very talented. Period.

NO they do not

that challenge is on its own pedestal

I do not even see hermy challenging that incomplete pass... On second

thought Hermy may have challenged.... On 3rd thought Hermy would have

challenged too;)

NO they do not

that challenge is on its own pedestal

I do not even see hermy challenging that incomplete pass... On second

thought Hermy may have challenged.... On 3rd thought Hermy would have

challenged too;)

You're probably right about Hermy.

I'm just going on what I've heard and I've heard that the Bengals by far are the most understaffed NFL team in the scouting and assistant coach department and Anthony Schlegal as a starting LB proves to me that they are lacking serious talent.

You're probably right about Hermy.

I'm just going on what I've heard and I've heard that the Bengals by far are the most understaffed NFL team in the scouting and assistant coach department and Anthony Schlegal as a starting LB proves to me that they are lacking serious talent.

how about a blockbuster trade Chad Johnson for Vilma????? I'd do it...

how about a blockbuster trade Chad Johnson for Vilma????? I'd do it...

Yeah I would probably do it. The grey area is where Ocho's head is right now. Does he want to win or does he want stats? I agree with Assmop that he is not a top tier WR. He is more of a possesion WR at this point and a great red zone threat. But that is still a valuable thing.

Yeah I would probably do it. The grey area is where Ocho's head is right now. Does he want to win or does he want stats? I agree with Assmop that he is not a top tier WR. He is more of a possesion WR at this point and a great red zone threat. But that is still a valuable thing.

Absolutely RS-and why a lot of us have been on this idea is because CJ has stated he'd like to play here-I always like when guys say they WANT to be on one of my sports teams

Absolutely RS-and why a lot of us have been on this idea is because CJ has stated he'd like to play here-I always like when guys say they WANT to be on one of my sports teams

That is a great point. Also, I would try to get him for a 2nd rounder instead if possible. Only because I think some team may give us more for Vilma than we might have to give up for Ocho. Vilma could stick around here and contribute without being a distraction, while I think the Bengals want very badly to get rid of Ocho. Just a thought, not sure if I'm right.

That is a great point. Also, I would try to get him for a 2nd rounder instead if possible. Only because I think some team may give us more for Vilma than we might have to give up for Ocho. Vilma could stick around here and contribute without being a distraction, while I think the Bengals want very badly to get rid of Ocho. Just a thought, not sure if I'm right.

Chad Johnson cracks me up-I always liked his TD antics...the yellow Future HOF Blazer was priceless this season-I know you guys are gonna rip me a new one for saying this but I can see some Tony Romo in Kellen Clemens' arm.......INCOMING!!!!!!!

Romo has T.O. Clemens needs his big name go-to guy

Chad Johnson cracks me up-I always liked his TD antics...the yellow Future HOF Blazer was priceless this season-I know you guys are gonna rip me a new one for saying this but I can see some Tony Romo in Kellen Clemens' arm.......INCOMING!!!!!!!

Romo has T.O. Clemens needs his big name go-to guy

I totally agree about both things. I love Ocho, and TO and I can definitly see some Romo in Clemens. They both are very similar QB's.

I totally agree about both things. I love Ocho, and TO and I can definitly see some Romo in Clemens. They both are very similar QB's.

yea give Clemens the OL and WRs Romo has and we can talk about winning some playoff games again around here-also having a short yardage RB should be a priority this off-season

yea give Clemens the OL and WRs Romo has and we can talk about winning some playoff games again around here-also having a short yardage RB should be a priority this off-season

I agree, also our defense needs a little help too. But I think all of this is very doable this offseason.

I don't understand how he still has a job.

Come on Smizz, he's not the problem. How many players have been arrested on this team since the off-season ? That carries on into practice, games, and everything you do as a team. That team is pathetic, Lewis needs to learn how to help his players off the field, but losing his job in my opinion is out of the picture.

Come on Smizz, he's not the problem. How many players have been arrested on this team since the off-season ? That carries on into practice, games, and everything you do as a team. That team is pathetic, Lewis needs to learn how to help his players off the field, but losing his job in my opinion is out of the picture.

Lewis has to take a hit for his players getting into so much trouble. Obviously the inmates are currently running the asylum there in Cincy. The Bengals need a new coach and and they also need to add talent to that below average defense.

To be fair to Lewis he had absolutely nothing to work with when he got to Cincy. He's turned them into a competitive team which is an accomplishment cosidering their history which was even worse than the Jets.

And this is not Marvin Lewis' fault?

He's been there for 4 years. It's his team and his team sucks.

Lewis has to take a hit for his players getting into so much trouble. Obviously the inmates are currently running the asylum there in Cincy. The Bengals need a new coach and and they also need to add talent to that below average defense.

To be fair to Lewis he had absolutely nothing to work with when he got to Cincy. He's turned them into a competitive team which is an accomplishment cosidering their history which was even worse than the Jets.

Exactly, Lewis is not the problem down there. He changed that team from every position you can name, then **** just happened and it really does carry on the field.

To be fair to Lewis he had absolutely nothing to work with when he got to Cincy.

Right. Nothing but 10 to 15 years worth of top draft picks from a decade of finishing in the basement. Get a grip. Marvin is nothing more than a defensive coordinator, and possibly not a very good one of those! This current Cincinnati defense has actually REGRESSED since he's come aboard. No identity, no fire, no heart = a bad head coach.

Archived