Somebody has to take the blame

Barton

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

This pitching staff is fricking pathetic.

All these great pitchers come to new york and start sucking sh** air as soon as they arrive.

Pavano, Wright, Randy, Vazquez on and on.

I have had ENOUGH WITH MEL STOTTLMYRE!!

What has this guy done the last 5 years?

Absolutely nothing, except totally wreck great pitchers time after time.

Even if its not 100% his fault, time is well overdue for somebody to get the blame in this place, and tonights game was the final straw.

FIRE MEL STOTTLMYRE

Barton, do you really want to say that Randy Johnson and Carl Pavan suck because of something that Mel Stottlemyre told them? Go do a google search on "Ed Whitson." There, you will have your answer.

I know I'll get slammed by max and others for this, but to answer your question....YES it has everything to do with Stotts.

I mean, seriously WTF. Why does every damn pitcher (proven commodities too) and all of a sudden lose focus of the strike zone and make excuses in the papers because of their bad mechanics. I've see it way too many times the past few seasons with Vazquez, Lieber and now Randy and Pavano.

F*** stottlmyre. I hate to say that because he's a cancer survivor and whatever, but this man is bringing down this pitching staff and in the process screwing up the whole damn team.

If I was big stein, stottlmyre would have been canned after the 2002 ALDS.

I know I'll get slammed by max and others for this, but to answer your question....YES it has everything to do with Stotts.

I mean, seriously WTF. Why does every damn pitcher (proven commodities too) and all of a sudden lose focus of the strike zone and make excuses in the papers because of their bad mechanics. I've see it way too many times the past few seasons with Vazquez, Lieber and now Randy and Pavano.

F*** stottlmyre. I hate to say that because he's a cancer survivor and whatever, but this man is bringing down this pitching staff and in the process screwing up the whole damn team.

If I was big stein, stottlmyre would have been canned after the 2002 ALDS.

yeah, cuz we all know that the reason that a 42 year old with declining velocity and ability and a 28 year old with a fluke year are pitching so poorly is because of Mel Stottlmyre. You actually think RJ listens to to Mel? What exactly does Mel have to offer him that he doesn't already know?

Here's an idea, how about instead of trying to find a scapegoat for every time a player plays like absolute horses***, you actually blame the players themselves.

yeah, cuz we all know that the reason that a 42 year old with declining velocity and ability and a 28 year old with a fluke year are pitching so poorly is because of Mel Stottlmyre. You actually think RJ listens to to Mel? What exactly does Mel have to offer him that he doesn't already know?

Here's an idea, how about instead of trying to find a scapegoat for every time a player plays like absolute horses***, you actually blame the players themselves.

Actually, RJ is still hitting 97 on the gun so no loss of velocity, he's just too inconsistent with the slider...one day its unhittalbe and the next day it's as flat as Paris Hilton....what can you do :x

EB....you need to stop looking to find a goat to pin this season on.

208 million dollar roster and no legit Major League CF and a 2b playing LF.

That points to your GM as Max has pointed out countless times.

Torre when he cant manage a team of ALL-STARS on auto-pilot has once again shown he is just abother manager.

Magglio! Polanco! Shelton! Woo!

Just for the record... Shelton crushed that freakin ball.

Shelton reminds me a little of Mench on Texas...same look at the plate.

Nice player....Dimitri's days may be numbered.

Wasn't Bondo part of the Yankee -Oakland-Tiger Jeff Weaver trade?

Shelton reminds me a little of Mench on Texas...same look at the plate.

Nice player....Dimitri's days may be numbered.

Wasn't Bondo part of the Yankee -Oakland-Tiger Jeff Weaver trade?

Yup, he was. So was German... who's been great this year too.

Shelton was a catcher/First baseman when he was picked in the R5 draft. He's strictly a first baseman now. Dmitri's days aren't numbered. If anyone gets delt, it's Rondell White. Dmitri is, basically, the heart of the Tigers. And he's signed long term. Rondell's contract is up after this season.

Archived