An Observation on Chad Pennington.

Arsis

What do'es that mean? By those words you are saying Chad is better Kellen.

Bottom line is if everyone played as well as Chad did, we would of won that game hands down. Every game this year someone on the team has slacked, and costed us games.

I have yet to see this team hit on all cylinders for a whole game.

Semper Fi

I'm saying it is irrelevant and has no impact on my point either way. If chad is better is clemens is better isn't what I'm talking about. Simply put: Chad isn't good enough to be the Jets starting QB, He does not meet my standards.

Sometimes I feel like beating my head against the wall, QB is not our problem. Put Brady or Peyton or Romo behind our line and they would not be up to your standard Arsis.

Get the lines working and I would bet Chad and Kellen would play better particurly with the scoring part of the game. I would give Chad the edge just because Kellen would still make poor rookie decisions at times. There is not a qb in the league that would play well behind our line period.

Semper Fi

He's not the starting QB, and hasnt been for a few weeks. Although, he may be pressed into duty now (can I say that with PHIKS in Iraq? I know there's a war going on, lolsc) with KC's ribs battered. Nice job by the FO/CS putting together a decent OL, eh? I mean, it's only been two years.

CP is great as a backup now, and I cant think of many backups who could have come in off the bench in those conditions and done as decent a job

as he did. His teammates let him down, and just as with the first game vs NE, the Jets didnt lose because of CP.

I'm far from a CP worshipper, but when i see the irrational hate spewed towards him I feel the need to post a response. And it is truly a freaking riot to see the CP bashers get all bent out of shape when others criticize the wonderful Kellen Clemens, he of 4 TDs and 10 Ints.

So if you missed the beginning of the game, I guess you didnt see the terrific decision-making and pick six that KC threw.

it's good to see all the anti-Chad agendas coming out. the guy comes off the bench and puts the Jets in the position to score points. what happens, the typical Jets drops, fumbles and misses. you can't really hold CP responsible for the lack of points seeing as how he didn't miss a FG, bobble a perfect TD pass (yes, i said PERFECT) or fumble in FG range.

i don't think he should or will start for the Jets again, but do you really have to come on here and start bashing the guy after a good performance against the best team in the league, a performance where he outplayed the immortal Tom Brady. i love how all the critics nitpick and mention the almost picked passes, or the floaters to the sidelines. well guess what, the almosts picks weren't and most of the "floaters" were caught. but good argument. it just the typical anti-Chad agenda. are people afraid that KC will lose his job?

now let's just hope that Clemens is healthy and can actually show some brilliance out there for the next two weeks. we need him to have a Tony Romo-type coming out party these next two weeks and show us he's the future. i want to believe, i've just got to see it now.

it's good to see all the anti-Chad agendas coming out. the guy comes off the bench and puts the Jets in the position to score points. what happens, the typical Jets drops, fumbles and misses. you can't really hold CP responsible for the lack of points seeing as how he didn't miss a FG, bobble a perfect TD pass (yes, i said PERFECT) or fumble in FG range.

i don't think he should or will start for the Jets again, but do you really have to come on here and start bashing the guy after a good performance against the best team in the league, a performance where he outplayed the immortal Tom Brady. i love how all the critics nitpick and mention the almost picked passes, or the floaters to the sidelines. well guess what, the almosts picks weren't and most of the "floaters" were caught. but good argument. it just the typical anti-Chad agenda. are people afraid that KC will lose his job?

now let's just hope that Clemens is healthy and can actually show some brilliance out there for the next two weeks. we need him to have a Tony Romo-type coming out party these next two weeks and show us he's the future. i want to believe, i've just got to see it now.

I just watched the game and Chadwick tried to throw at least 3 or 4 picks.

He wasn't the reason the Jets lost but he is certainly not the answer at QB as he makes terrible decisions when he is under pressure.

He wasn't the reason the Jets lost but he is certainly not the answer at QB as he makes terrible decisions when he is under pressure.

no where in my post do i say he is the answer. i really don't think he should or will start again for the Jets. i just can't stand the anti-Chad agenda after he puts up a decent performance. and as much as i try to believe in KC, i'm a little sad to say that i think if he plays the whole game he doesn't even match Pennington's numbers. it's just the feeling i have about KC right now. i realize he's young and needs some time, but i can't be the only one who wants to see more out of him. am I?

Sometimes I feel like beating my head against the wall, QB is not our problem. Put Brady or Peyton or Romo behind our line and they would not be up to your standard Arsis.

Get the lines working and I would bet Chad and Kellen would play better particurly with the scoring part of the game. I would give Chad the edge just because Kellen would still make poor rookie decisions at times. There is not a qb in the league that would play well behind our line period.

Semper Fi

The problem with that theory is watch the Colts. How many of their OL started from last sesaon... At one point it was like 1 guy. So the reality is, they figure ways to replace OL, not count on 5 first round picks to anchor the OL. It would be nice if that were the case, but it's the NFL, that is no longer a reality. IF the Jets need 3=4 years and 5 first round OL draft picks, that is begging for disaster if one of those players gets injured or traded.

You do have to build the OL, but you sure don't have to spend all your first and second round picks on them. The Jets OL problems isn't because the OL sucks, well it does, they have OL problems because they refused to replace Kendall, they dumped Fabini, and they haven't done much other than play a bunch of scrubs who shouldn't be practice squad players.

Good teams find ways to replace players. THe Jets find ways to dump good players and replace them with scrubs. No matter how many quality players they draft, if all they do is dump their better players, it'll never add up. I mean no matter what you think of JA, the Jets still haven't replaced him. Are they going to trade Vilma again next year too? You don't get better by dumping your better players and then replacing them with scrubs .... But that seems to be what they are doing. keep your younger good players and bring in good players. I don't get this dump the good players and hope the scrubs work out.

The OL sucks cause this coaching staff and regime have no clue how to bring in players. Plain and simple. Like I said, when a team starts 4 new OL at one point in the season and they still only have 2 losses all year, it's not just about the starting OL.

I'm not gonna argue with the fact that we need a real o and d line. Right now I'd say our o-line is college level and our d-line is pop-warner level.

You are too kind. I used to be a big time Ellis fan, but Im not sure what happened.

The problem with that theory is watch the Colts. How many of their OL started from last sesaon... At one point it was like 1 guy. So the reality is, they figure ways to replace OL, not count on 5 first round picks to anchor the OL. It would be nice if that were the case, but it's the NFL, that is no longer a reality. IF the Jets need 3=4 years and 5 first round OL draft picks, that is begging for disaster if one of those players gets injured or traded.

You do have to build the OL, but you sure don't have to spend all your first and second round picks on them. The Jets OL problems isn't because the OL sucks, well it does, they have OL problems because they refused to replace Kendall, they dumped Fabini, and they haven't done much other than play a bunch of scrubs who shouldn't be practice squad players.

Good teams find ways to replace players. THe Jets find ways to dump good players and replace them with scrubs. No matter how many quality players they draft, if all they do is dump their better players, it'll never add up. I mean no matter what you think of JA, the Jets still haven't replaced him. Are they going to trade Vilma again next year too? You don't get better by dumping your better players and then replacing them with scrubs .... But that seems to be what they are doing. keep your younger good players and bring in good players. I don't get this dump the good players and hope the scrubs work out.

The OL sucks cause this coaching staff and regime have no clue how to bring in players. Plain and simple. Like I said, when a team starts 4 new OL at one point in the season and they still only have 2 losses all year, it's not just about the starting OL.

Was the Patriots line built in one season? Who said we needed to use all our 1st rounders for the several years?

The Colts example only shows that they built quality depth over the years, they did not scramble around and picked up any old scrub they could find and put them in the starting line up. They built depth through the draft and etc, So I really don't see your point. QB position is not a dire need for us right now. O line is.

Semper Fi

Chad played admirably - and he played like Chad. Quintessential Chad on an "on" day. He threw mostly accurate dumps and actually completed a left side flat pass with a little zing on it. He threw the ball right into the hands of 2 route jumpers and came out unscathed. He did a fine job coming in off the bench and it was nice to have him there - on the bench that is. The guy will always give 110%.

I finally get why all these people love this guy. He has the ability to do something that I've never seen anyone else in sports ever do before; at least not as effectively. Chad Pennington has the uncanny ability to disguise his ****ty play as great play. With all his check-down completions and such he makes it looks like he is playing a good game when in fact all he is doing in throwing for 0-3 yard completions. People see this high completion percentage style of play and his one decent drive a game and call him a leader and say that he is the greatest when in fact he only led the team to 3 points all game. He is a very crafty person but I shall not fall for the lies and deceit of this trickster and realize that 25 checkdown completions and one decent drive a game are not enough in the NFL.

He has heart ,but Chad has multiple problems aside from not being able to throw a complete deep ball, and ones that get him and clemens picked off and sacked so much are are ,they don`t look off defenenders and the second thing is they always drop back the same 3-4 yards straight back ,so no matter where they start from you know where they will end up ,so if you just send the LB`s to that spot they will be there and our QB will be sacked.....

Chad played with a lot of heart yesterday-he made proud to be Jets fan. I was proud of him, and the team as a whole and of Eric Mangini-who, obviously-really cares about (still) HIS team

Finally got to watch the game last night. I too was proud of Chad , given that he had very limited reps in practice this week, as well as the entire Jets team. They showed a lot of heart.

Tried to throw 3-4 picks. Oh since he didn't he must suck. I see. :roll:

Archived