An Observation on Chad Pennington.

Arsis

I finally get why all these people love this guy. He has the ability to do something that I've never seen anyone else in sports ever do before; at least not as effectively. Chad Pennington has the uncanny ability to disguise his ****ty play as great play. With all his check-down completions and such he makes it looks like he is playing a good game when in fact all he is doing in throwing for 0-3 yard completions. People see this high completion percentage style of play and his one decent drive a game and call him a leader and say that he is the greatest when in fact he only led the team to 3 points all game. He is a very crafty person but I shall not fall for the lies and deceit of this trickster and realize that 25 checkdown completions and one decent drive a game are not enough in the NFL.

I finally get why all these people love this guy. He has the ability to do something that I've never seen anyone else in sports ever do before; at least not as effectively. Chad Pennington has the uncanny ability to disguise his ****ty play as great play. With all his check-down completions and such he makes it looks like he is playing a good game when in fact all he is doing in throwing for 0-3 yard completions. People see this high completion percentage style of play and his one decent drive a game and call him a leader and say that he is the greatest when in fact he only led the team to 3 points all game. He is a very crafty person but I shall not fall for the lies and deceit of this trickster and realize that 25 checkdown completions and one decent drive a game are not enough in the NFL.

Chad played with a lot of heart yesterday-he made proud to be Jets fan. I was proud of him, and the team as a whole and of Eric Mangini-who, obviously-really cares about (still) HIS team

Chad played with a lot of heart yesterday-he made proud to be Jets fan. I was proud of him, and the team as a whole and of Eric Mangini-who, obviously-really cares about (still) HIS team

heart notwithstanding chad is not a good fit for this team. this team needs points and chad doesn't produce them. it's not all his fault - the line sucks, no running game, and the wr's are rarely open. chad's lack of arm strength and total lack of athleticism makes him a liability to an already putrid offense.

in the right situation chad could be a good qb, but that situation is not qb of the nyj. give chad a very good line, running game, and dome and he is probably a decent qb.

POTW nom.

I was proud of the way Chad played yesterday, he mad a ton of nice throws. He is still a very good QB and will take some team to the playoffs again. The guy continued to be a vocal leader when he was benched and when the chance came and stepped up and made the most of it, his post game PC was classy and Chad like as well. He will be missed.

Exactly ;)

I thought he did an okay job moving them. Like all you Clemens guy like to preach "He didn't have time the OL stinks"

BTW you got that excuse from the Pennington folks. :P

The OL does stink and its been the main reason our offense has struggled this season. We have seen what Chad's capable with when he has a very good OL infront of him. 2002, 2004 and 2006 it was OK. Were yet to see what Clemens will do with a good OL infront of him, but yes no matter the lines Chad would still throw those balls to the sideline, but playcalling would be differnt which would bring his INT numbers down.

Chad helped get us in postition to put up 16 points offensively yesterday, more than enough to win the game when you add in the punt block.

Look at how the Goldenboy Brady played yesteday. Under the circumstances, Chad had a great game IMO.

If the the Kid doesn't go down on the second play of the game ,He doesn't take those sacks that chad's slow ass had taken and maybe the KId wins us the game JMO.

Chad helped get us in postition to put up 16 points offensively yesterday, more than enough to win the game when you add in the punt block.

Look at how the Goldenboy Brady played yesteday. Under the circumstances, Chad had a great game IMO.

yup-and the discussion is not about what's gonna happen in the future at the QB position-it's about how he carried himself as a New York Jet-class all the way-as always

You guys never stop, Chad Kellen Chad Kellen, it'd getting old. we really do not have a qb problem at all. I think either will do if the o line was better. Chad out played Brady, I think Chad was 22 completions for 186 yds thats about 8.4 yds a completion, not to bad for the amount of pressure he was under. He was sacked 4-5 times, Kellens once, How many qb injury's do we need to have before everyone realizes it's the line play that is hurting us!!

Chad did well considering stepping in and only have time with the scout team during the weeks practice. Kellen has not played very well so far. Between Jmac and playcalling is why we lost.

Semper Fi

Chad was not why we lost yesterday. I am not a big Chad fan, but yesterday he showed me something. There was one pass to Baker as he was running up the sideline. Chad threw it beautifully, with touch, before Chris had even finished cutting upfield. The pass hit him in the hands, floating out of the sky. And Baker was covered well.

Chad is not our future, but he has alot left. Good for you Chad!

This was about his style of play in general, not a clemens vs chad debate. I was just trying to understand how you guys are so enraptured by a guy who makes a million checkdowns, throws a thousand int's and gets sacked a hundred times a game. I think it is because he is a goos showman who makes it seem like he played better than he did. You seem him making all those quick short passes and you think "wow, he is really being efficient" when in reality he just threw three passes for a total of 8 yards with 5 yards being after the catch. When he goes to throw it longer than 10 yards the DB's just stop and play outfield waiting for it to come down. I'm not talking about clemens and I'm not gonna comment on him because I've only watched like 4-5 of his games. But I am tired of this Pennington guy going out there making 22 completions and scoring 3 points. He had 22 completions... how many first downs did he throw for yesterday? It's just very frustrating as a fan to see his crappy play week in and week out and even more frustrating to see fans congratulating him for it because he is classy, waves a good towel or gives a good press conference.

I am tired of this Pennington guy going out there making 22 completions and scoring 3 points. He had 22 completions... how many first downs did he throw for yesterday?

Ten.

By comparison, Brady threw for eight first downs yesterday.

I thought he did a nice job coming off the bench, against the best team in the NFL, on a horrid day weather-wise. I saw what happened when they let Smith try to throw a cold ball on a wet, windy day. Brady wasnt lighting it up either in that weather.

If Mcdroppins catches the TD or Wide Left Nuge hits the FG, they are within one score with a few minutes to go.

If Elam doesnt dog it on his blocking assignment for the punter, the game is even closer than it already was.

If the OL could block, CP wouldnt have been in there to begin with. It was only a matter of time before they got one of the QBs injured.

There were a few Jet players who executed far worse than CP did yesterday.

What you say, although you are bit harsh in word choice is absolutely true. Chad's "statistics" look good yesterday, but the truth is that he was not effective at all. We were 3-14 on third down and the one scoring drive he mounted took forever netted 3 points and required perfect play. Throw in three floaters that should have been intercepted, and I fail to see what was good at all about Chad. So many fans just see CHad in this "can do no wrong" light that I just do not get. He is not a good QB, and he was not a good QB yesterday.

I've said it once I'll say it again. Chad performance should ahve merited at least 16 points had others around him not have ****ed up!!!

Not to mention had J-Mac made a simple catch on 3rd down then there is no blocked punt and thus, no Pats TD.

Chad done enough to win the game yesterday, had others stepped up for him The Jets would have won the game IMO.

Chad had about 4-5 balls yesterday that could have easily been pick 6's.

every time Chad threw a ball to the sideline over 10 yards I held my breath.

There was only one pass that looked like it should have been picked and TBH it was a great play by the defender to get there, otherwise he was mistake free.

His accuracy on some throws yesterday was amazing, that throw to Baker were Baker wasn't even looking was unbelievable.

This isn't about one game or how someone else is doing. It's possible for someone to have a good game or for someone to be worse. So please take those debates elsewhere. I'm just talking about somethings I've noticed in his play and his fans. If Clemens is worse than does not make chad pennington a better QB; it just means that they both suck.

Did you even watch the game? The reason I ask is because i see you wrote that you didnt see the Seymour hit on Clemens.

If Clemens is worse than does not make chad pennington a better QB; it just means that they both suck.

What do'es that mean? By those words you are saying Chad is better Kellen.

Bottom line is if everyone played as well as Chad did, we would of won that game hands down. Every game this year someone on the team has slacked, and costed us games.

I have yet to see this team hit on all cylinders for a whole game.

Semper Fi

Every game this year someone on the team has slacked, and costed us games.

That's actually a very good point. Every week it seems to be a different problem. Vs Philly and it was Chad, vs the Pats in week 1 it was the D and run game, in Baltimore it was J-Mac (he's on this list twice:roll:) vs Cinnci it was the defence.

Every week there are different problems yet some weeks these problems turn into strengths, see TJ vs Pittsburgh, The Run D vs Buffallo, Chad vs Cinnci, O-line vs Philly. It's just F'd up!!!

Archived