Cowboys safety Roy Williams suspended a game

Lurker

Roy Williams is dumb. They made that rule after he made it a habit to horse collar people. He said he would keep doing it, even if he got fined. Now he's getting fined and complaining about it.

Good call. Thats the only way he can make a tackle.

Roy Williams=Overrated.

Isn't he the one who put T.O. out of commission for that latter part of the '04 season & the entire playoffs other than the SB?

yes. that was the primary impetus for the horsecollar being made illegal. He injured five players that year with the horsecollar. Just think it's funny that they ended up on the same team.

I can see fining and suspension for repeated violation of a rule, but I think you guys are making a bit much out of this. For 100 years a play is legal, then they outlaw it and all of a sudden you are a heartless killer for doing it? Roy Williams didn't invent the horsecollar tackle and he didn't perfect it. When you've done something for all of your natural life it's kind of hard to stop. As for maiming somebody, plenty of people got hurt before the made the rule, was it okay then?

I can see fining and suspension for repeated violation of a rule, but I think you guys are making a bit much out of this. For 100 years a play is legal, then they outlaw it and all of a sudden you are a heartless killer for doing it? Roy Williams didn't invent the horsecollar tackle and he didn't perfect it. When you've done something for all of your natural life it's kind of hard to stop. As for maiming somebody, plenty of people got hurt before the made the rule, was it okay then?

when they make a rule because of you, maybe you should refine your technique. Roy Williams isn't bright enough to invent anything, but he uses that highly dangerous move as much as the rest of the NFL combined, it seems.

I tend to agree with that. If you make it a habit then sure fine then suspend. But there was a Patriots player last week (can't remember who) that put a horsecollar on Washington. I was fine with it because it was really the last hope otherwise it would have been a TD. Rather take the 15 yds. than give them 6.

I tend to agree with that. If you make it a habit then sure fine then suspend. But there was a Patriots player last week (can't remember who) that put a horsecollar on Washington. I was fine with it because it was really the last hope otherwise it would have been a TD. Rather take the 15 yds. than give them 6.

are you implying that sometimes you have to cheat to win???? what team do you root for anyway :mrgreen:

Archived