Roberts admits use.

GimmeShelter

Responding to his name being included in the Mitchell Report, Brian Roberts admitted Monday that he used steroids once in 2003.

"In 2003, when I took one shot of steroids, I immediately realized that this was not what I stood for or anything that I wanted to continue doing," Roberts said. "I never used steroids, human growth hormone or any other performance-enhancing drugs prior to or since that single incident. I can honestly say before God, myself, my family and all of my fans that steroids or any performance-enhancing drugs have never had any effect on what I have worked so hard to accomplish in the game of baseball." Dec. 18 - 9:27 am et

Source: Baltimore Sun

That report is turning out to be 100% accurate. Love the common themes of I only cheated a little bit.

Yeah they should have only published half of their info.

Like for a player that had 6 canceled checks only publish that he purchased once. The player comes out and says it wasn't for me so I never did it again.

Then Mitchell Report II could be published with proof of the other 5 times! \:D/

I feel bad for that 5 year old Orioles fan who LOVES the O's and knows as much about them as anybody. His favorite player? Brian Roberts. I saw this segment on HBO or ESPN a couple of months ago. Now how will he feel when he knows his favorite player was / has been cheating?

I feel bad for that 5 year old Orioles fan who LOVES the O's and knows as much about them as anybody. His favorite player? Brian Roberts. I saw this segment on HBO or ESPN a couple of months ago. Now how will he feel when he knows his favorite player was / has been cheating?

Ditto for the 5 year old Yankees fan or anyone else in the league when they found out Pettite and Clemens or others were cheating. Baseball deserves to fall down the totem pole for s*** like this and that's hard to say because it's been my favorite sport since I was 5. They don't deserve my money or time.

Ditto for the 5 year old Yankees fan or anyone else in the league when they found out Pettite and Clemens or others were cheating. Baseball deserves to fall down the totem pole for s*** like this and that's hard to say because it's been my favorite sport since I was 5. They don't deserve my money or time.

IMO, the business of baseball will not suffer at all because of the Mitchell report. While the exact names may not have been known beforehand, anyone with eyes and a brain knew that there was wide-spread usage going on. So the bottom line result will be a non-event, financially.

There's 2 common theme's with players that have been named in the Mitchell report. You either lie about it and deny it, in which case it makes you look like a jack@ass much like an unnamed Texan. You can go the other route, and say i only did i once or twice, because i was rehabbing an injury. No one can honestly believe these guys. It's about the same as being caught by your spouse cheating, and telling him or her, "honey, I love you but it was a momentary lost of judgement" LOL!!

There's 2 common theme's with players that have been named in the Mitchell report. You either lie about it and deny it, in which case it makes you look like a jack@ass much like an unnamed Texan. You can go the other route, and say i only did i once or twice, because i was rehabbing an injury. No one can honestly believe these guys. It's about the same as being caught by your spouse cheating, and telling him or her, "honey, I love you but it was a momentary lost of judgement" LOL!!

Since the Mitchell report states that Andy used it 2-4 times, and he admits to taking the stuff 2 times when rehabbing an injury in 2002, his version is believable.

It is the other guys, who deny everything, or admit to only 1 use, that I have a problem believing.

Since the Mitchell report states that Andy used it 2-4 times, and he admits to taking the stuff 2 times when rehabbing an injury in 2002, his version is believable.

It is the other guys, who deny everything, or admit to only 1 use, that I have a problem believing.

:bwahaharoll:

so he was only a short time cheater?

I can guarentee you there were MANY players that have been injured that haven't cheated to come back.

The real problem is that kids will think they have to cheat the compete. The use goes down the chain. First the majors, then the minors and college, then high school. That's how it was in football. It's the one reason it might have been better to keep it swept under the rug. Of course after a while it becomes obvious and there is too much nudge, nudge, wink, wink going on. I guess if they make people think it's going to be eradicated at the top level they won't use to get there.

To be honest, as a Yankee fan, I don't believe Clemens, Pettite, or Justice. But or some reason I actually do believe Roberts. He didn't have to admit to anything. The allegations that were written about him were nothing more than hearsay. In fact, much more hearsay than the 8 Marlins that get the benefit of the doubt of not being named at all (undoubtedly because at least one...cough cough Beckett,,,is a Red Sox now). Roberts deserves the benefit of the doubt and I will give it to him.

Responding to his name being included in the Mitchell Report, Brian Roberts admitted Monday that he used steroids once in 2003.

"In 2003, when I took one shot of steroids, I immediately realized that this was not what I stood for or anything that I wanted to continue doing," Roberts said. "I never used steroids, human growth hormone or any other performance-enhancing drugs prior to or since that single incident. I can honestly say before God, myself, my family and all of my fans that steroids or any performance-enhancing drugs have never had any effect on what I have worked so hard to accomplish in the game of baseball." Dec. 18 - 9:27 am et

Source: Baltimore Sun

That report is turning out to be 100% accurate. Love the common themes of I only cheated a little bit.

Clemens should follow his lead and fess up.

Pettite admitted to something that he pretty much had no choice but to admit to. According to the report he was "caught" 2-4 times and he admitted to the lesser end of the estimate. I find it hard to believe that was all he did. This goes for everyone as well, just because you weren't caught, doesn't mean you're not juicing. I'm sure a ton of other players were left off the report, but for Pettite to come out and give a lame excuse saying "If what he did was wrong, then he apologize". I mean give me a break. How did he obtain that banned substance??? Did he pray to God for them??? Right now, to me his credibility is zero, but I'm sure he'll get a standing ovation the next time he pitches at the house that Ruth built.

:bwahaharoll:

so he was only a short time cheater?

I can guarentee you there were MANY players that have been injured that haven't cheated to come back.

Sure, like Carl Pavano. He is afraid to come back, so he won't go near the stuff. This way he can collect the full 40 million, and only have to start 19 games over 4 seasons.

Sorry, but the Mitchell report covered the players who purchased steroids/HGH from only 2 teams, the Yankees and Mets. The other 28 teams, or 93.3%, were not even glossed over. I am a firm believer that 93.3% of the steroid/HGH users are breathing a sigh of relief that their sources for these drugs did not get caught by the Feds, and never had to talk. So, I believe that there are over 700 total players who are users, whether one time deals, or habitually.

And 93.3% are on the lam.

ergo, your comments make no sense to me.

Pettite admitted to something that he pretty much had no choice but to admit to. According to the report he was "caught" 2-4 times and he admitted to the lesser end of the estimate. I find it hard to believe that was all he did. This goes for everyone as well, just because you weren't caught, doesn't mean you're not juicing. I'm sure a ton of other players were left off the report, but for Pettite to come out and give a lame excuse saying "If what he did was wrong, then he apologize". I mean give me a break. How did he obtain that banned substance??? Did he pray to God for them??? Right now, to me his credibility is zero, but I'm sure he'll get a standing ovation the next time he pitches at the house that Ruth built.

I take it you are not a Yankee fan. If Andy pitched for your team, would your comments be different?

Thought so.;)

I believe Andy. I believe Roberts also. I do not believe Justice. Afraid of needles? So what!! I donate blood several times a year. I can't stand when they poke the needle into my arm, and it sometimes hurts like anything when they remove it after the donation. But I do it because I believe it is the right thing to do. And these players also thought it was the right thing to do for their careers.

I take it you are not a Yankee fan. If Andy pitched for your team, would your comments be different?

Thought so.;)

Nope, definitely not a Yankee fan, but if he were a Met, I'd still be calling him a liar. I'm not that gullible to believe that load of crap.

Archived