Bettman lied to both sides

djaparz

There has been no progress made at all. They are as far apart now as they were back in September.

Don't look for a NHL Draft...or the start of the season in October. ](*,)

I was reading a little about Flyers owner Ed Synder ripping into Goodenow yesterday. Lots of bad blood still out there not looking good for hockey fans

Sadly, faba, the hockey fans are the true losers in all this.

I watched SportsDesk this morning. Shanahan and Sakic were almost confrontational. They were saying that they have yet to be offered a fair deal and no one is serious. The players are so rigid. I realize that both sides are at fault, but I blame this on the players.

Leave it to Shanahan, that talentless P.O.S. (that one's for you, Guns!). Muahhh.

There has been no progress made at all. They are as far apart now as they were back in September.

Don't look for a NHL Draft...or the start of the season in October. ](*,)

I heard this morning there WILL be hockey next Septemebr one way or the other.

The "other" being replacement players.

Attendance of 10,000?? Seriously, who wants to see replacement players? Not me.

Hockey in most cities have alienated the die hard fans- if they try to send out a worse product they are going to doom themselves.

I really doubt the NHL will use replacements. I think the owners are bluffing. The sad thing is, people up here would probably go to those games.

Hockey in most cities have alienated the die hard fans- if they try to send out a worse product they are going to doom themselves.

Larry Brooks? The next time he says something worthwhile would be the first.

There is alot of blame to go around in the whole NHL lockout/strike/cancellation of the season. The Players are greedy, and who can blame them? The owners are stupid, and... well, they're just stupid.

Not to say they're the only people who deserve blame. First and foremost is Gary bettman, who is a stooge. He's a basketball guy trying to run hockey like basketball. He has admitted, in the past, the first hockey game he's ever seen was well after he became the commish.

And, as far as replacement players go? I wouldn't say they're true replacements. They're just AHL players, and more often than not, their level of play is better than the NHL. Besides that, I wouldn't doubt a number of NHLPA players cross the line and play, to be honest.

But, what do I know? I'm just some punk kid from Michigan.

How about a toothless (and gorgeous) Bobby Clarke hoisting the silver in 74 and 75???

I will pay $50 to anyone who can provide a 1980's picture of GGG in her hockey gear. That 80's hair and the hockey get up would be worth the cost IMO.

The price goes to $75 if the picture includes a shot of her boyfriends IROC.

Be dialin people, this offer won't last long.

Archived