Take your pick: Clemens vs. Leinart at QB

D-MONEY87

Leinart or Clemens  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Leinart or Clemens

• Matt Leinart
    • Kellen Clemens

Last year in the draft we had the chance to draft Matt Leinart in the 1st round but instead we went with D Brick and decided to take Kellen Clemens in the 2nd round. I remember watching the draft last year before the Jets chose their 1st pick, ESPN did a close up on Matt Leinart as the Jets were announcing their pick and when it wasn't him you could see the look of disappointment on his face. I really think he wanted to be on the Jets and be in a big market team with all the attention. Anyway, do you guys think we would've been better off with Leinart as our QB of the future or would you rather have Clemens? I'll admit that Leinart has looked better in his games than Clemens has, so I would pick Leinart.

Click on this link to watch Leinart's reaction after the Jets made their pick at 43 and 53 seconds into the video:

I'm a bit surprised at what i'm reading here. Cutler has been handed a tremendous rushing attack, granted they are sometimes weak in pass protection, he has two solid receivers and a TE he seems to have a good report with.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but if Cutler were nearly as good as his billing he would have been cleaning up in the suddenly weak AFC west. I like that Cutler has a lot of heart, and seems to be a great teammate, but i think he may be lacking in ability.

As Leinart goes, i agree with 4Hcrew. doesn't have the arm for new york, also, he is playing with two pro bowl receivers and struggled just as bad as Kellen.

I like kellen, and am looking forward to seeing what he can do for the rest of 07 and certainly in 08.

simple. Kellen. And that's a vote of confidence as the best QB out of his class...the ENTIRE class. I've seen him win or almost win enough games already with almost zero O-line for me to know what he can and will do with decent protection and a real ground game. Keeper.

At this point, Cutler, Young, Leinart, and KC have not shown to be that good at all. We've seem some flashes from Cutler and Young, but they've struggled more than being good.

Leinart has been injured in both his seasons. KC so far looks like Brooks more than anything else...

Things might change, but then again, maybe it's the 1999 QB year all over again where a ton of QB's were drafted, but most of them never made it. Yeah, Mcnabb and Culpepper have had their moments, but neither is a HOF QB.

At this point, the 2006 QB class looks very bad.

Top QBs just don't get injured. Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Tom Brady all play in pretty much every game of their careers. I dunno what this means for Clemens, I think he could probably play, shrug. Cutler is a guy I simply do not see being injured.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-broncos-cutlerinjured&prov=ap&type=lgns

Broncos QB Jay Cutler sidelined with leg injury

November 4, 2007

DETROIT (AP) -- Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler injured his lower left leg early in the second quarter Sunday against the Detroit Lions and did not return.

Cutler left the game when his legs and ankles were twisted as Shaun Rogers sacked him, then another Lions player hit him as he was going down.

"I got hit with a helmet on the outside of my leg," he said. "I'll get an MRI. I'm hoping it's not broken, but it could be a hairline.

"Hopefully, it's just a bruise."

Cutler was helped off the field and was later taken off it on a cart as he unstrapped his shoulder pads. He was 3-for-4 for 20 yards.

Patrick Ramsey replaced him, then completed his first pass of the season to give the Broncos a first down.

Ramsey completed 29 of 46 passes for 262 yards with a touchdown pass in the final minutes, an interception and one fumble that was returned for a score.

Running back Travis Henry did not play in the fourth quarter after hurting his left knee, but said he felt fine after the game. Henry was held to 31 yards rushing on nine carries.

Not saying Cutler is injury-prone; he took a beating in college and didn't miss a start if I remember correctly. But Clemens never missed any time until the ankle injury his senior year...my point is just that while some guys are injury-prone (Chad) and others are simply indestructible ironmen (Favre), I think your average QB is a tough guy who can still be injured, especially if his offensive line is as bad as the Jets'.

Plus, the injuries Clemens has sustained are bone injuries--a broken ankle and cracked rib, which are not seen as being symptomatic of being "injury prone." Strained/pulled/torn muscles and joints are something to be worried about. Anybody can break a bone if they fall the wrong way.

Not saying Cutler is injury-prone; he took a beating in college and didn't miss a start if I remember correctly. But Clemens never missed any time until the ankle injury his senior year...my point is just that while some guys are injury-prone (Chad) and others are simply indestructible ironmen (Favre), I think your average QB is a tough guy who can still be injured, especially if his offensive line is as bad as the Jets'.

Plus, the injuries Clemens has sustained are bone injuries--a broken ankle and cracked rib, which are not seen as being symptomatic of being "injury prone." Strained/pulled/torn muscles and joints are something to be worried about. Anybody can break a bone if they fall the wrong way.

erm, actually I see it a different way. Isn't it that you tear/pull stuff when you fall akwardly??? You don't normally break bones (especially ribs) just from an akward fall.

IMO it's a big problem if he's repeatedly fracturing bones, that usually means that the persons fragile, does it not???

erm, actually I see it a different way. Isn't it that you tear/pull stuff when you fall akwardly??? You don't normally break bones (especially ribs) just from an akward fall.

IMO it's a big problem if he's repeatedly fracturing bones, that usually means that the persons fragile, does it not???

I know what you mean; what you're saying makes logical sense...yes, constant broken bones mean someone is fragile, but 1 or 2 means nothing. I mean, if Favre had been bodyslammed by Seymour the way Clemens was, he'd have broken ribs too. There's just no other physically possible result. It doesn't mean Clemens is injury-prone, it means he took a wicked hit.

Anyway, my point was that it would be much more worrisome to me if Clemens was straining and pulling muscles, because those sorts of injuries tend to recur and constantly bother a player (see also: Pennington, Chad). Broken bones can happen to anyone, and once they heal, they don't come back.

if Favre had been bodyslammed by Seymour the way Clemens was, he'd have broken ribs too. There's just no other physically possible result. It doesn't mean Clemens is injury-prone, it means he took a wicked hit.

That's where I disagree. It was a big hit yes but nothing I haven't seen Brett Favre endure. IMO that wasn't an amzingly powerful hit from Seymour, I could see a lot of QB's getting up from that hit. Again this is just my opinion so I'm not 100% sure but it didn't look that bad TBH.

Archived