Let's Win Today And Piss Off All The Draftniks

SoFlaJets

whether it is DMC or Dorsey or Howie's kid we will lose them at the pats will get one of them.. you make the call

ir is not a real strong draft from 10-32

:):) rofl You sound just like my son.:):) I still have hope. :box: We're gonna kick butt next season.:Nuts:

Did it ever cross your mind that it might be hard for a rookie to make New Englands roster?

That Pats have no problem cutting guys.

that's right G-the Pats are perhaps the only team in the league that doesn't even NEED draft picks-they are talented enough w/o having to go through the growing pains a rookie AND THE TEAM has to endure

or lets not win and just play hard while losing the last two games. i think its usually better to have a 2,3,4 pick rather than 8,9,10. common sense

It's not always better. If you miss on the 2, 3, 4 pick it hurts your team a lot more than if you miss on a mid-first rounder. The NFL needs to implement a rookie salary system. The price to pay for an unproven player is ridiculous.

I for one understand where you are coming from with this...I also could not care less about McFadden, unless we could pick up more picks for him....we do not need him...we need OL and DL.....Leon Washington and Thomas Jones can be a great run attack...they have both been productive in the Pro game....McFadden has not played his first down in the NFL...he might be great....but I also remember a great college back we took in the draft and everyone thought he was going to be great...he was named Blair Thomas...we need to build on what we have...we need the guys up front..without them it does not matter who gets the ball...he goes no place...

LOL at comparing Darren McFadden to Blair Thomas...

BT never ran a 4.3

this kid is a AP clone and a home run hitta!!!!!!

No, he is not AP clone! That's what everyone is missing. AP broke tackles, put his head into someones chest to gain extra yardage! DMC runs around them, sometimes a back can be too fast in the NFL. You need patience to let the play develope. If someone can show me some clips of DMC running THROUGH tackles, then I'll shut up. Until then, he reminds me of BT as well!

I'm with you on this one. McFadden doesn't impress me at all.

Which part doesn't impress you? The amazing speed, size, and strength combo or the tendency to put up big yards against some of college football's best defenses? Even with the 3OT he almost had 200 yards rushing before the OTs against LSU.

Which part doesn't impress you? The amazing speed, size, and strength combo or the tendency to put up big yards against some of college football's best defenses? Even with the 3OT he almost had 200 yards rushing before the OTs against LSU.

Where is the size ? He is 6'2" 205...he is tall...if he does not get his pad level down that is what will happen to him in the pros..he will get leveled....his speed 4.45...nice but not breath taking !

Plenty of speed but not enough size. He will be a run of the mill NFL player.

Plenty of speed but not enough size. He will be a run of the mill NFL player.

I highly disagree but I guess we just have to let his play next year dictate how this argument turns out...

McFadden makes the most sense because he'll be the BPA at that selection and there's not much else that makes sense for the Jets. Chris Long is too small. Laurinaitis and Ghoulston are great fits in the defense but they would be severe overdrafts at the 3rd slot.

I can't wait to bump this thread when Mcfadden rips it up in the NFL. Can't wait.

I think you meant the CFL when you posted this originally.

But hey IJ, you and your fellow "McFadden is Adrian Peterson but better!" pot smoking friends can have fun with your fairy tales.

Archived